Poland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Henter

22 Aug 2017 17:48

I will definitely miss Poland Rebuilding work..

I am very thankful for promods and all, but some parts of Poland Rebuilding honestly felt a bit better than Promods work. Such as the sounds of the tram in cities, the detailed sounds of people walking in busy areas, the lively villages full of scenarios, the detailed companies (one thing that some cities in Promods are missing, the warehouses in certain cities are bland and SCS-like), the extremely detailed rest areas (Look at this one in Northwest Poland - https://postimg.org/image/5718peent/ ), and finally, the detailed cities.

So far I'm just enjoying the last that we'll see of PR team's beautiful and extremely detailed work. I just hope Promods does good on the rebuild of Szczecin and doesn't water down the quality due to scale reasons or size issues (I really want Promods to make more detailed cities like Barcelona, regardless if it sticks out into the shore, the cities need quality)..Szczecin in Poland rebuilding is a city that I'll forever love. I really hope Promods can make Szczecin and other cities just as detailed as Poland rebuilding team did..I also hope the port of swinoujscie will be rebuilt and still be detailed.

Again, I'm very thankful that Promods is working on Poland, but I just hope Promods does Poland just as great as Poland rebuilding did.

#KeepPolandGreatAgain
FYI - On SCS Forum, I am known as "Ways71"

kamillo16

22 Aug 2017 18:33

Hello. I've been waiting for Silesia for a long time And it's closer to the end of the world and never has it. Maybe it will not. Will there ever be Silesia in ProMods?

Vøytek
Developer

22 Aug 2017 18:41

@Henter
Most of PR Poland is really old, lacks any details and isn't even Polish and realistic enough. Don't worry, we'll make it as awesome as possible ;)

@kamillo16
We are working in Poland only for a few months and Silesia won't come anytime soon.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

M4rkus

22 Aug 2017 23:21

Henter wrote:
22 Aug 2017 17:48
I will definitely miss Poland Rebuilding work..
From what I understand, it won't be all removed or rebuilt ... I thought, Promods may use what was there until the last version when Poland Rebuilding was still integrated into Promods. Szczczczczczczczecin was indeed really well done by Poland Rebuilding – or at least, it had a great feel to it, I don't really have local knowledge, but for me as an outsider it looked right.

In all fairness, I think Poland Rebuilding has had some strong points where they did even better than Promods. Probably not the technical side or the overall realism or road layout … but they sometimes did a really great job on the details. For example, they included country-specific “generic models“. In Poland there are Polish replacements for the hotels or job agencies in-game. I don't think there's something similar in other Promods countries. Also, they have some smaller models (Polish stand-up displays, I think) which gave the cities a more local touch. Promods has got models like these (e. g. country-specific bus stops in Germany) but to a lesser extent. Generally, I don't think it's really fair to be all negative about it - imo, there's something to learn from old Poland Rebuilding, too.
Last edited by M4rkus on 23 Aug 2017 11:05, edited 1 time in total.

Noah_Lukas

22 Aug 2017 23:35

I don't really miss PR because Promods's work within Poland is much better (like @Voytek said :D) and Promods has full control over this section again ;) #makepolandgreateagain
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Henter

23 Aug 2017 00:04

I have to agree with M4rkus though..His point is completely accurate, we all should learn something for PR..Sure, a lot of southern Poland sucks with PR..but the Szczecin-Koszalin-Gorzow area is absolutely amazing and has stunning details. And honestly, I cant say if Promods work is better because I didn't see Szczecin yet. So far with Promods, it looks slightly better in terms of countryside because all I see are updated/new assets and more forested area detail..Other than that, I'm looking toward more updates.

Again, I'm thankful for promods work and all, but I'm not bias toward it either. And M4rkus explained my point very well. I am looking foward to Promods take on Poland. :D
FYI - On SCS Forum, I am known as "Ways71"

brainiac
Donation rank:

23 Aug 2017 02:10

Guys, don't worry, Promods will keep good part of Poland Rebuilding. They aren't stupid to remove Szczecin-Koszalin-Gorzow area and other amazing parts.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

RobertKNL
Donation rank:

23 Aug 2017 09:52

I personally really like the huge variety of drop off locations. Especially that DHL site in Warsaw is amazing, or those very tight spots.

If only those random trailers on site and the drop off spots wouldnt conflict from time to time :p

mateush05

23 Aug 2017 11:56

Same very detailed DHL is in Wrocław ;)
Last edited by mateush05 on 23 Aug 2017 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
Junior beta-tester 21.06.2018 - 02.2022

kamillo16

23 Aug 2017 13:44

I would like to make more modifications in Lodz. Because it is old. And I would like to have 2 cities, eg Łowicz and Zgierz. Will there be any reconstruction in the central part of the country or not. Or wait for PM 2.3 What will you rebuild and what is not.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information