Poland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Vøytek
Developer

15 Feb 2017 02:15

Poland

Development progress and current status:

TBD

----------

Before you start following development in this thread, please, read this blog post explaining the situation about future of Poland in ProMods: https://blog.promods.net/2017/02/changes-in-poland/

So, if you're ready, I'd like to show you a few screenshots from our latest work in Poland!

Our goal is to build Poland with the highest quality and attention to detail, to keep that Polish feeling we all like when we're driving here.
Please note that Polish roads are under heavy development in real life - it means that we'll have to update some roads that are outdated since SCS created their original map and rebuild existing work, while still adding new content.
Sounds like a tough challenge but I have no doubt we'll get there ;)
I've followed the progress that other developers shared within the team and I'm really happy to see the difference. Small but nice changes that happened so far:

HixoPL
Outside Chełm
DK17 between Krasnystaw and Piaski
A2 - Modła interchange

FH-Fahrer
A2 - approaching Jordanowo interchange from west
A2 - Jordanowo interchange improved

Starfruit 017
Work around Lublin

IvanGF14
DK18 - first improvements

Zniwek
DK8 - approaching Suwałki (this area is very old and scheduled for full rebuild)

We're also replacing roads and signs all over the map to match ProMods standards.

As you can see, this project involves a few developers and probably more people will also contribute.

We all hope you'll like our future work in Poland. Stay tuned for updates ;)
Last edited by Nathan_A_RF on 17 Nov 2022 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated first post info
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

shaveldima

15 Feb 2017 02:24

good job.Nice to see that development of poland still alive.Wish that it will get better than ever before

ngai-chun.wu

15 Feb 2017 05:02

Road veins not use France?

Callipso
Donation rank:

15 Feb 2017 05:46

I can only think of this as a massive opportunity for some up and coming mappers. Zniwek, I think you'd be a good candidate for the job ;)

Hopefully, though the end of the previous chapter with PR doesn't hinder the new chapter we are now turning the page to read. Much to be learned and much to build a new. Honestly, it sounds like a relief for the barriers to come down around Poland and hope this unite the team and inspire greater effort in the future.

Punkii
Donation rank:

15 Feb 2017 06:47

Great news. I wish PR the best for the future

#makepolandgreatagain

Edit: That means that PolandRebuilding is completely deleted
ProMods driver since 1.70
EN, DE, TR (a bit NL)

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198058623892]Image[/url]

Desperado007

15 Feb 2017 08:40

Very nice as always. Good job. Go ahead PM.

YNM

15 Feb 2017 09:05

Sounds really sad...

But I hope this is the start of an even better Poland ! Connection to Belarus, Kaliningrad, here we go !

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

15 Feb 2017 09:32

Even grey clouds have a silver lining, such a shame things couldn't work out with the Poland rebuilding team, hopefully there's no bad vibes.
The screenshots are wonderful, I really look forward to driving to Kaliningrad from Poland, as well as the alternate links to Belarus.
Top shelf work as always!
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

astronomer
Donation rank:

15 Feb 2017 11:07

Great work! I hope, thať will be contain similarly new models and realistic feeling as it maked PolandRebuilding ;) Keep it up ;)

Peterson

15 Feb 2017 12:43

And I was wondering why was the developpement so slow, why was driving in Poland such a pain in the arse. Performance requirements didn't match the quality of the map, and any remarks made by me were simply thrown away (yes, I was a bit rude, but that doesn't change the fact that I was right). I can immediately see the giant leap forward you made so far, and as far as I know, when one part of the team doesn't work as it should, whole team doesn't work.

But hey, the only reason why I'm sort of suprised, but not actually is simply because Poland just disappeared, faded away from minds of everybody. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but it makes the transition much better percieved - it's not so sudden. So, good luck, maybe? Everything looks promising, so I hope that you can now floor it.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information