Images from Finland

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Nissantruck

26 Jan 2014 13:19

I must say that it is a shame that the cars/trucks will not use driving lights in the daytime even if i click the tick box that says headlights are on all cars all the time but only some of the cars actually use lights in the daytime i mean outside of Scandinavia and the ai headlights are only on when it rains and a nother thing that i think its strange is that the cars/trucks dont have any daytime running lights(led)in the front of the vehicles i mean like most cars have in real life to help other road users to see them from a distance even with out normal driving lights.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

ScuL
Founder

26 Jan 2014 13:25

I agree, we have forced headlights on at all times in the game configuration but the AI doesn't always respect it..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Nissantruck

27 Jan 2014 13:27

ScuL wrote:It's in the country.sii files, but we switched this ON for all Scandinavia countries.
This can be a stupid question but i will ask this anyway.What is the actual location of the country.sii file and can i open it directly without any other software because most of the ETS2 files on my computer are RTF files.And if you add Estonia,Latvia and Lithuania to the map remember that it is mandatory to use of headlights during the daytime.

ScuL
Founder

27 Jan 2014 14:04

They can be edited with Notepad or any text editor and yes I am aware of the requirements of daylight lights in the Baltics too :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Nissantruck

28 Jan 2014 11:41

ScuL wrote:They can be edited with Notepad or any text editor and yes I am aware of the requirements of daylight lights in the Baltics too :)
I tried to open the ETS2 rtf files with notepad,wordpad and microsoft works but i cant open all of them i mean only few of
the files actually open normally so that i can read them but the rest are something like this when i open them:
ScsC®Š|d—[ò:lÖ”¤Ç…ʉædüs<Öþ,«jag>æ$Àyo·ÚO̾ so you can see that it is not easy to read that so please can
you tell me what is the easiest way for a person that is not a computer expert to open my ETS2 files and the simulator itself works fine and the scs extractor did not help at all and yes I know that it is a modding tool.So thanks for the help in advance. :(

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2014 22:49

ETS2 files ??? rtf???

A rtf = a Rich Text Format file a.k.a. a program for Wordpad.

Files SCS uses: tobj, mat, pmg, pmd, pma, pmc, btf, dds and sii

Only mat and sii can be opened with a text editor. pmd and tobj with HEX editors and pmg, pmc, pmd, dds and btf require other programs.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

ItsEdvinas

24 Apr 2015 19:29

Nice very nice :D
Truck numbers: Image
On road in ProMods since 1.91 version

LeaponWep

14 Jul 2015 21:01

ScuL wrote:
Pasilius wrote:Are there any plans to add more cities in Finland? :)
We would like to make our way to St. Petersburg eventually so Porvoo or anything in that direction could be an option. Tampere could be an option too :)
Imatra and lapeenranta could be two possibilities!

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

14 Jul 2015 21:14

Have a look on the development threads ;).

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information