Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Valid Username

20 May 2014 16:46

Yeah, you're probably right about Torshavn & the Faroe Islands. It's better to concentrate fully on Iceland instead. Just thought it would be a nice little addition. But as you say, it's tiny and probably unnecessary and only time consuming (building port et al)

ScuL
Founder

20 May 2014 17:59

I believe it sails from Denmark to Faroer and then onwards to Iceland, so to be realistic it would make sense to make the hopping point. It's just that there is extremely little information on Faroe road signs and so forth :D
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Purno
Donation rank:

20 May 2014 18:33

ScuL wrote:I believe it sails from Denmark to Faroer and then onwards to Iceland, so to be realistic it would make sense to make the hopping point. It's just that there is extremely little information on Faroe road signs and so forth :D
If it's the same ferry sailing from Denmark to Faroer and from Faroer to Iceland, there's no need to leave the ferry, is there? :lol:

Anyways, Seyðisfjörður is rapidly growing;

I don't think the town will grow a lot more (maybe a few houses), so I can start focusing on adding more detail. :)

And the reason you see the same houses over and over again, is because there's a very limited amount of snow-covered models available.

Ostpuff
Developer

20 May 2014 19:40

Well there isn't any street view on the Faroe Islands, not even in Tórshavn, but since it wouldn't be big, finding some pictures maybe wouldn't be too hard.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

TheMrMe1
Donation rank:

21 May 2014 04:02

MandelSoft wrote:Sure they have quarries. How else do they get that large amount of aluminium export?
We import it. Then purify it and export it.

TheMrMe1
Donation rank:

21 May 2014 04:20

Purno wrote:Not sure what the exact ferry connection is. The Icelandic harbor is Seyðisfjörður.
The ferry connection is Seyðisfjörður [IS] (Those ð's are not "o"'s, BTW, they're "d"'s) - Tórshavn [DK Faroe] - Hirtshals [DK]

A few tips from a native:

Iceland isn't all covered in snow, however, I wouldn't mind it too much seeing as it is covered in snow between November and March/April.

Seyðisfjörður is in the bottom of a fjord, with huge mountains on either side. You were probably aware of this, but just in case.

If you decide to include Reykjanesbær, be sure to use the æ and not write it as ae.

Also, if you decide to include the town refered to as "Árborg", its naming is incorrect on Google Maps. Árborg is the municipality, the town's name is Selfoss. Also, regardless of whether you add it as a destination or not, you need to drive through the town and over a river as the route 1 runs through it.

I like the screenshots so far, and can't wait to be able to cruise through my country. Thank you for taking your time to do this, even though we are so few.

Purno
Donation rank:

22 May 2014 11:40

Took me 2 hours to figure out how to add a city, but I did it.

And thanks to this little webpage, I know ð translates into Ð when capitalizing.

sw3gameboy

22 May 2014 14:13

Congratz on figuring out that kind of stuff :) I just wanna point out that in the city properties, you can uncheck something like "Visible on UI map" if you know what I mean ;)

Dannu
Donation rank:

22 May 2014 14:57

Looks nice!
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

PH-AMG

22 May 2014 19:13

Looks really nice Purno, especially those buildings!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information