Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

24 Jun 2014 06:50

It's also due to the image hoster, I believe, which is not very quick.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Timopm

24 Jun 2014 13:20

Nico wrote:It's also due to the image hoster, I believe, which is not very quick.
This is the correct answer. It has nothing to do with JPEG/PNG.

The previous page took me 15-20 seconds to load. It should be instant with a better host like Imgur.

Purno
Donation rank:

24 Jun 2014 13:36

Seriously, what's 20 seconds for 7 high-resolution high-quality screenshots...

I like majhost because it allows me to assign folders and keep my own file names, has no total file size limit (AFAIK), has an easy-to-use interface without fancy features, is free, and has proven to be reliable. I haven't found another image host which offers me a better service. Now, if it'd take minutes to load an image and it'd be as slow as, for example, imageshack, then yes. Personally I find majhost's speed pretty decent, but I don't mind waiting a few seconds to download an image a few megabytes in size.

Also, I love PNG because it's a lossless format. Converting to JPEG is too much effort for too little benefit IMO. Aren't those lovely screenshots worth waiting a few seconds? :D

LoaderSaints

24 Jun 2014 13:43

Timopm wrote:
Nico wrote:It's also due to the image hoster, I believe, which is not very quick.
This is the correct answer. It has nothing to do with JPEG/PNG.

The previous page took me 15-20 seconds to load. It should be instant with a better host like Imgur.
The problem might also be in your internet connection or in your connection to the image hoster. As for me all the pics on the previous page load in under 5 seconds. The location of the hosting service's servers may affect the load times.

Tijzemaes
Donation rank:

24 Jun 2014 14:06

I'm sorry if this is asked before, but are you planning to release a small part of Iceland with the next version 1.7, like Romania or France, or are you going to release Iceland in one piece in a later version?

P.S. I love your work! :D
#JeSuisCharlie

Chrischrill
Donation rank:

24 Jun 2014 14:40

Purno wrote:Personally I find majhost's speed pretty decent, but I don't mind waiting a few seconds to download an image a few megabytes in size.
It definitely loads fast enough to me. I haven't got a clue where the majhost servers are located but I really don't think it is too slow.
Commonly known as Chrill on the Internet.

Purno
Donation rank:

24 Jun 2014 16:52

Tijzemaes wrote:I'm sorry if this is asked before, but are you planning to release a small part of Iceland with the next version 1.7, like Romania or France, or are you going to release Iceland in one piece in a later version?
Considering Iceland will only have about 4 or 5 cities, I don't think it's worth it releasing it in parts. Although I'm not exacty sure how hard that would be. I'll let the team have a huge say in this, as it probably won't be me connecting all the parts of the map to make one big map. Seyðisfjörður and Fjarðabyggð are pretty much ready, theoretically that's all that's needed to release a part, even though it'd be tiny.

Mikyli
Donation rank:

24 Jun 2014 17:00

Very nice job Purno :D !!! i'm going to iceland on this summer^^ i can bring some pics if u want^^ can I add u in skype ?

Purno
Donation rank:

24 Jun 2014 17:34

Any reference pictures are best posted in this topic, so I can find them anytime later :)

Purno
Donation rank:

25 Jun 2014 18:31

Reykjavík progress:

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information