Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
himmi81
Donation rank:

27 May 2014 18:39

I want to get all the towns in Iceland and it will be true and correct. and remember that the roads are not wide..

with greetings from Iceland

Purno
Donation rank:

28 May 2014 06:24

TheMrMe1 wrote:
MandelSoft wrote:Actually, there are two motorway-ish roads in Iceland: route 41 and 49, but only for short stretches in Reykjavík.
Route 41 is quite long, though, stretching from Reykjavík to Reykjanesbær, around 40km.
But most part is a simple 2 lane road.
https://www.google.com/maps/@64.049263, ... V4xPLw!2e0

And 40km is pretty short in ETS2.
himmi81 wrote:I want to get all the towns in Iceland and it will be true and correct.
You won't get all the towns. And I'm making them as correct as possible, but there's a very limited amount of snowy models available.
and remember that the roads are not wide..
99% of the roads will be standard 2-lane roads. Unfortunately there's very limited possibilities for any smaller roads. We're still struggling with the 1-lane bridges in Iceland, since AI traffic doesn't know how to handle those. We've been thinking about tinkering with the roadworks prefab, but that's no easy task.

---

Meanwhile, Iceland is being sprinkled with traffic signs;

Purno
Donation rank:

28 May 2014 15:38

Work in progress;

Chrischrill
Donation rank:

28 May 2014 16:58

I like that bridge shot and the town pictures too. However, that tunnel feels quite... forced. More so than usual. Still, looking very good and I'm happy to see some inter-city routes being built. You work fast! :D
Commonly known as Chrill on the Internet.

Purno
Donation rank:

28 May 2014 17:11

Chrischrill wrote:I like that bridge shot and the town pictures too. However, that tunnel feels quite... forced. More so than usual. Still, looking very good and I'm happy to see some inter-city routes being built. You work fast! :D
I still have to sprinkle that part with more rocks. The tunnel will have more rocks in its surrounding. I started placing the necessary rocks to hide the tunnel sides and any holes that existed in the terrain. :P

Olaf1998

28 May 2014 18:14

Hi purno,
So far it looks very good! But sadly because of all that snow it looks a bit empty, but I am sure you will fill this up.

RemcoM97

28 May 2014 19:36

Olaf1998 wrote:Hi purno,
So far it looks very good! But sadly because of all that snow it looks a bit empty, but I am sure you will fill this up.
Haha, do you want plants in the snow? :P :lol:

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

28 May 2014 22:30

RemcoM97 wrote:
Haha, do you want plants in the snow? :P :lol:
How about some snowmen? :lol:

Or some seals and walrusses? -they have those over there, but I don't know if they go near towns/roads.
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Purno
Donation rank:

29 May 2014 06:04

Because snow covers most stuff on the ground? :P
There's barely any trees in Iceland, the climate just is too rough for them.
Jan Verschueren wrote:How about some snowmen? :lol:

Or some seals and walrusses? -they have those over there, but I don't know if they go near towns/roads.
If you get me the models, I'll add them. :lol:

Purno
Donation rank:

29 May 2014 09:25

Purno wrote:
Chrischrill wrote:I like that bridge shot and the town pictures too. However, that tunnel feels quite... forced. More so than usual. Still, looking very good and I'm happy to see some inter-city routes being built. You work fast! :D
I still have to sprinkle that part with more rocks. The tunnel will have more rocks in its surrounding. I started placing the necessary rocks to hide the tunnel sides and any holes that existed in the terrain. :P
Sprinkled some more rocks around the tunnel, but yet more to come. Does this side of the tunnel still feels "quite... forced"? :P

To give an impression of the whole part of the road (which still needs more details).

At the bottom of the image you see the tunnel. The western entrance hasn't had additional rock-sprinkling yet and still looks like the screenshot I posted earlier. The north-eastern entrance has had the rock-sprinkling-treatment and is shown in the screenshot above. ;)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information