Faroe Islands and Iceland Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
SturmZebra
Donation rank:

22 Apr 2018 18:10

Well, I mean they can be made out of gravel, but only 20km or something of the Ring Road is gravel. Most of the streets which connect villages to the Road 1 are tarmac/asphalt....
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

asilas
Donation rank:

22 Apr 2018 21:16

if scs software ever make iceland they make right roads that possible to drive not a moded road that impossible drive and you need to quit delivery becouse of this

Vøytek
Developer

22 Apr 2018 21:20

You're one of few people, who seem to lack driving skills and you make a fool of yourself in public, saying it this way. Ask kindly for tips how to drive better, instead of using harsh language... Others told you it's possible to drive on those roads and many of them surely enjoy the challenge. But well, nobody forces you to drive there, so you can stop crying already ;)

We test all our roads to make sure it's possible to drive there. For example a dirt road to Kirkenes quarry - I tested it myself in beta with only a 4x2 Scania + 25t cargo to make sure all players will be able to make it, no matter what truck or trailer.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

JESAN
Donation rank:

22 Apr 2018 22:57

Hi all,
It's even possible to make it via the mountain passes with a rigid + trailer but not with a lowbed trailer (scratches the ground at some spots) and with enough fuel :oops: .
On std roads, icy sections don't last long so it's just a matter of (a bit of) patience.

ismailscania

22 Apr 2018 23:16

Vøytek wrote:
22 Apr 2018 21:20
You're one of few people, who seem to lack driving skills and you make a fool of yourself in public, saying it this way. Ask kindly for tips how to drive better, instead of using harsh language... Others told you it's possible to drive on those roads and many of them surely enjoy the challenge. But well, nobody forces you to drive there, so you can stop crying already ;)

We test all our roads to make sure it's possible to drive there. For example a dirt road to Kirkenes quarry - I tested it myself in beta with only a 4x2 Scania + 25t cargo to make sure all players will be able to make it, no matter what truck or trailer.
Guys... please don't waste your time with these kind of useless comments... I am a great fan of Promods.... You guys develop very very great roads... Especially I like the challenging roads in Kirkenes and Iceland. If someone is a no voice about real time driving he/she can't drive on these roads... I am sure he doesn't know even the differences between chassis... I drove on these roads more than 1000 times... Thanks a lot and keep developing... happy trucking....
Headquarters: Istanbul.
Driving Scania S730 (8x4) at the moment.
Level 442 (2.200.000 km + )
Promods + Rusmap + Southern Region.
18 large garages.82 trucks.

YNM

23 Apr 2018 02:10

asilas wrote:
22 Apr 2018 21:16
if scs software ever make iceland they make right roads that possible to drive not a moded road that impossible drive and you need to quit delivery becouse of this
Live with it - it's not going to significantly change in near future, because ProMods developers wanted to present Iceland as varied (theme/season wise) as possible.

Just avoid deliveries to Akureyri, Húsavík, Krafla, Ísafjörður, and Bolungarvík. You've been well-warned about the difficulties in reaching these destinations by the presence of this sign in the world map :

Don't just blindly follow the GPS ;)
(good thing we haven't got low bridges in this game...)

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

24 Apr 2018 01:56

Okay, some misconceptions here.

First Correction:
The snowy roads don't behave like real life.
For best results:
Use a 4x2 or 6x2 Midlift with the liftable axle raised (I Key by default). Taglifts will have a bad time.
Use the Sequential Transmission.
Drive at high revs until you stop accelerating, then shift up and repeat. You should be able to achieve at least 50km/h this way. I know the FH16's 9th gear is the one that acts up on the snow.

Second Correction:
Highway 1 is now fully paved.

As of December, the section of Highway 1 that was gravel is now Highway 95. Highway 96 and parts of Highway 92 were combined to make up the new alignment of Highway 1.
The signage will be updated in 2.30.

Stop asking for the gravel section.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

YNM

24 Apr 2018 02:25

jdenm8 wrote:
24 Apr 2018 01:56
Highway 1 is now fully paved.
I presume the gravel section previously featured around Berufjörður will be updated as well then ?

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

25 Apr 2018 13:14

Correction: I've been informed that that section is the last remaining gravel section.

However, the Gravel Section that everyone always complains about is no longer part of Highway 1.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

YNM

25 Apr 2018 14:16

Already correct (at least in map view) since 2.26 .

So now...

What other parts of this beautiful island do we get to see in future versions of ProMods ? Perhaps Route 82 (Tröllaskagi) ? Or Route 54 (Snæfellsnes) ? Or perhaps some corrections to Route 1 around Lake Mývatn (I don't know is it done yet) ?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information