[On hold] Development on version 2.x (Iceland Edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Locked
User avatar
Nico
Founder
Posts: 3489
Joined: 01 Aug 2013 09:40
Location: Nijmegen, Gelderland

08 Aug 2014 20:36

Fuel station on the corner is atcually a ATS model if Im not mistaken.
Am I developing at the moment?
Image
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Alekee1999
Posts: 12
Joined: 25 Dec 2013 15:26
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2014 21:24

Nico wrote:Fuel station on the corner is atcually a ATS model if Im not mistaken.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that it is from the new DLC because of this:
Attachments
Fuel station at corner.jpg
Fuel station at corner
Fuel station at corner.jpg (201.09 KiB) Viewed 2948 times
Greetings from Alex :D

User avatar
Nico
Founder
Posts: 3489
Joined: 01 Aug 2013 09:40
Location: Nijmegen, Gelderland

08 Aug 2014 21:26

ah true looks a bit different. The ATS version also had roads added.
Am I developing at the moment?
Image
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Alekee1999
Posts: 12
Joined: 25 Dec 2013 15:26
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2014 21:38

Okay, although I didn't saw one from ATS, but that's probably my bad :mrgreen:
Greetings from Alex :D

User avatar
n4gix.bill.leaming
Posts: 1196
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:22
Donation rank:
Location: Hammond, Indiana
Contact:

09 Aug 2014 19:18

I wonder why the one on the "corner" still has only one drive access. There should always be two access points so there can be a "drive through path" from either direction!
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

bromstarzan
Posts: 8
Joined: 01 Nov 2013 18:24
Donation rank:

14 Aug 2014 19:30

Hi Purno and good luck with your Iceland project. Looks (by the early images) like this will be a joyride indeed. Although Iceland can be considered a limited and well defined area to map/create, it is a big challenge to catch the atmosphere of Iceland. I think you're doing a good job so far, so keep up the good work!

May I suggest you put in quite a few road construction/repair sites along the way as this is very common after winter/spring thaw with debris flows and landslides destroying the roads. Just a suggestion (not to mention Jökulaups and volcanic eruptions :D)

User avatar
Purno
Developer
Posts: 1377
Joined: 22 Apr 2014 16:33
Donation rank:
Location: Almere

15 Aug 2014 07:10

I'll see what I can do. It seems Iceland is on hold a bit while I assist PH-AMG with his work on the Hamburg area. But once that's completed, PH-AMG already offered to help with Iceland, which should speed up the mapping process :D

spsamur
Posts: 10
Joined: 30 May 2014 16:01
Donation rank:

15 Aug 2014 16:27

Hi, awesome work .......
I'm new ets2 have been in past years stuck in Gt legends, but last winter I switch to ets2.
This map looks very good, do not be too pedantic, this is a video game, it is always possible to do better and better
and there are always people commenting, it should be like this not this and on.
In fact 99% or even more of the players have never come to Iceland and never will.
When I am using TSM-map and driving in Tunis I don‘t have clue how it should look, but I am very happy with it.
So release part of it if you can, don‘t get stuck in small details.

Again .........awesome work ............

Spsamur (Icelandic)

User avatar
daniel1562
Posts: 106
Joined: 19 Aug 2013 09:45
Location: Valencia

15 Aug 2014 18:44

Purno wrote:I'll see what I can do. It seems Iceland is on hold a bit while I assist PH-AMG with his work on the Hamburg area. But once that's completed, PH-AMG already offered to help with Iceland, which should speed up the mapping process :D
That some very good news I thank you both

User avatar
MistahDave
Posts: 339
Joined: 18 Dec 2013 08:09
Donation rank:
Location: Wales

16 Aug 2014 09:00

spsamur wrote:Hi, awesome work .......
I'm new ets2 have been in past years stuck in Gt legends, but last winter I switch to ets2.
This map looks very good, do not be too pedantic, this is a video game, it is always possible to do better and better
and there are always people commenting, it should be like this not this and on.
In fact 99% or even more of the players have never come to Iceland and never will.
When I am using TSM-map and driving in Tunis I don‘t have clue how it should look, but I am very happy with it.
So release part of it if you can, don‘t get stuck in small details.

Again .........awesome work ............

Spsamur (Icelandic)
I'm in the lucky 1% then. It looks fabulous so far. I went to Iceland a couple of years ago, I spent time in Reykjavik, Isafjorourd and Akureyri. It's a lovely country and will make a brilliant addition to promods. Given the rather limited resources of the map editor, so far you're making Iceland to look pretty close to how I remember it. Keep up the good work, i'm super excited about this in particular.



Locked
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests