Project Norway: Updating and Expanding

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

14 Mar 2015 23:47

Andy_MineP wrote:Havent anyone posted anything since last month? :o

I think is time to start posting, b,cuz of a few reasons:

1- PH-AMG havent made any updates since May 22 2014, and that`s TO long for an update. :x

2- Norway havent been updated with new roads or cites since ProMods 1.0 was released. It have been same since. :geek:

If Norway is getting an update in 2.0 (or 1.10 or whatever), it better be a big (and I mean A BIG) one. :evil:

I`m putting it out there just saying, but if the project is srcapped,

what can I do then? :|
There is a reason for such low around of posts here.
As you could have read anywhere on the forum, Scandinavia is on hold due to the development of the new DLC Scandinavia ;)
This project isn't scrapped, it's just on hold.. Scandinavia will be merged with the DLC, after that, the devs will restart the development of expanding Scandinavia.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Andy_MineP

14 Mar 2015 23:48

Volleybal4life wrote:There is a reason for such low around of posts here.
As you could have read anywhere on the forum, Scandinavia is on hold due to the development of the new DLC Scandinavia ;)
This project isn't scrapped, it's just on hold.. Scandinavia will be merged with the DLC, after that, the devs will restart the development of expanding Scandinavia.
Wel, let`s hope so.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

15 Mar 2015 00:07

We are not only waiting to replace the map sectors with the ones from the DLC (considering the quality SCS has put into it, this is inevitable), we are also waiting for the new assets that come with the DLC which can help us to create even better scenery. Although a lot of these map sectors will be copied, we will change parts on which we don't agree with SCS' intrepetation.

After the merge is complete, we can continue work on Norway again.

Meanwhile, PH-AMG has been busy on other parts of the map: he has done quite some work over at the Faroe Islands, Northern Scotland and the ARP and he did some finishing touches on Iceland. Without the DLC putting Scandinavia on hold, these other map parts would not have been this good. And I can assure you, you don't want to miss them. We just managed our "workforce" to work in areas where we could get the most benefit from ;)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Purno
Donation rank:

15 Mar 2015 08:16

Andy_MineP wrote:Havent anyone posted anything since last month? :o
Jeez, have you been living under a rock? Everyone knows Norway is on hold until the release of DLC Scandinavia...
I think is time to start posting, b,cuz of a few reasons:
There's no point at all to start posting until the release of DLC Scandinavia...
what can I do then? :|
Wait patiently until after the release of DLC Scandinavia, like we already told everyone several times in the past...

Hadi588

15 Mar 2015 14:11

Is it easy to replace building, terrain, roads, vegetation etc with new models from DLC Scandinavia? Or it will be like a complete new build of Scandinavia??

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

15 Mar 2015 14:41

Are you alright?

There is a reason why this project stopped. SCS is prepering a DLC for Scandinavia (not sure if you know that).

So we will wait until SCS releases that. Once that is out we will start updating and expanding SCS their work.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Kobra2112

30 Mar 2015 15:39

Since we're talking about the DLC Scandinavia update, I truly hope that SCS has the sense to include the rock tunnel models in the game seeing how most tunnels in Norway actually don't have your standard "tube" design being surrounded in concrete :D That being said however, I truly look forward to seeing how you guys (and SCS) deal with the coming addition. :mrgreen: Quick question however, if I download the Scandinavia DLC, I presume that this means that I will not be able to use ProMods from whatever latest version as there would be a map conflict?
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Vøytek
Developer

30 Mar 2015 15:44

Scandinavia and PM's Scandnavia is the same territory with almost the same cities. There will be a version of PM without it's Scandinavia I think? Or PM will overwrite the DLC :) 2 possibilities maybe.

I'd like to see the development go more to the north. Maybe expanded Scandinavia DLC.
SCS sometimes makes strange things and you guys "fix" it :D
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

30 Mar 2015 17:30

Can't you read? ProMods will merge with the DLC. ProMods 2.0 will require both DLC's to run. Making a version with, and one without the DLC's is far to much work. We have had a poll, and that poll made clear to us, that almost every user will buy the DLC. That why we decided not to make a version without the DLC North.

And yes, when the merge is completed, the expansion of 'the North' will continue :D
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Rocar 512E

11 Jan 2016 01:26

Sorry to disturb you but... will you continue devleopments in this topic, or in the scandinavia one?

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information