[Obsolete] [Q&A] Which cities/ferries/roads are included?

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Callipso
Donation rank:

08 Jun 2017 22:29

I'm happy with the bare minimum of ferry routes, I might even be one to suggest getting rid of the Puttgarden terminal as its very short and most all cargo going toward Sweden ends up going through this ferry route, makes me miss going to the Denmark border. I end up re-routing even though I am pushing the time limit by doing so.

Noah_Lukas

09 Jun 2017 11:07

Volleybal4life wrote:
08 Jun 2017 21:50
You have my vote.

... it's a truck -driving- simulation game, not a 'let's get onto a ferry with a truck because it's shorter'-game..
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah I'm with you I mostly avoid ferries where I don't really need them ^^
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

chibz32
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2017 17:10

Volleybal4life wrote:
You have my vote.

I strongly dislike ANY ferries which aren't necessary. IMO the only ferries which should stay are from and to Iceland/Faeroe/Britain and other islands which may come.
Ferries which are in the game because there isn't a land route (like from and to Finland) should stay as long as there isn't a land route. As soon as a land route has been made into the mod, those ferries should be deleted.

Some may say, 'but a truckdriver will never drive all the way around the Gulf of Bothnia when he's on a route from Stockholm to Helsinki!'
That's not my point. The point is, it's a truck -driving- simulation game, not a 'let's get onto a ferry with a truck because it's shorter'-game..
This is why i requested the aberdeen ferrys to bergen and faroe islands as on my game it means i basically cant use the uk as i have to go to europe to get to bergen without the use of another mod and i feel that is limiting my runs from the uk onwards especially to scandanavia and iceland, while i see their point of view i find disheartening that they wont implement them and i will just need to ask other modders or learn myself to do it. First time i have felt like i have been let down by pro mods as all i get is constant runs to russia long distance as there is nowhere else to go and its getting repetitive.

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2017 18:16

I've never really understood the obsession with having as few ferry routes as possible. It's a fundamental part of any European truck drivers life, and surely is better to have the option there? If you don't like using them then simply re-route. Its not the end of the world if you don't make 10,000 euro (another immersion spoiler) on that particular job.

Callipso
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2017 20:25

Andy_GTI wrote:
09 Jun 2017 18:16
I've never really understood the obsession with having as few ferry routes as possible. It's a fundamental part of any European truck drivers life, and surely is better to have the option there? If you don't like using them then simply re-route. Its not the end of the world if you don't make 10,000 euro (another immersion spoiler) on that particular job.
That may be true that its part of the life a real life trucker. Though you must grasp that in real life those distances can be extremely far and take many days to get to the other side of the continent, this extra distance would make the ferry a better choice since it would cut down the time to get to a destination by going the shortest (and possibly fastest) way to your target. In real life who wants to spend another two days on the road to get to point X if you could get there in half the time with a ferry. Plus in real life you are getting payed actual currency, have strict time schedules, etc. etc.. you don't always have the luxury to choose your route if you want to get paid.
In this game we are not talking about vast distances anymore since the scale is 1:19th is original size, the extra time to get to that destination is no longer extra days its more in the order of minutes and seconds. Sure a ferry would be nice but is not really necessary anymore unless you are impatient about getting things done. Adding additional ferries changes the designated route to the destination as well this ends up cutting into your paycheck at the end of the run since the algorithm that calculates pay goes by total distance on the road, which using a ferry would mean its shorter and less time. Even more so I've seen cases where the mileage you travel in a ferry is not even taken into account and you end up with cargo that nets dirt poor return. Spending a few extra minutes on the road for that extra dough then is worth the time instead of taking a shortcut in your time and profits. The game is a simulator so were not talking about you getting fired for being late on all your jobs either, the pressures of real life are taken off in this game.

Claus62

10 Jun 2017 14:41

You also see it, if you hire AI drivers. I've now five drivers to every garage in Promods and although the rating is still somewhere between 2.5 and 7.5 you can already see that the garages near ferryports are struggling to keep up with other garages - Oslo is a good example. I don't know how difficult it is to disable a ferry in the def files but when I start the next profile I'll experiment with it in order to retain just the ones that are absolutely necessary.

brainiac
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2017 15:47

It is very easy. I think the best is find ferry connections and just delete all content in scs files, but don't delete files. I did such in my mod less ferries.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Frozen1

10 Jun 2017 16:51

Volleybal4life wrote:
You have my vote.

... it's a truck -driving- simulation game..
Just because it's a truck driving (simulator) game doesn't mean it has to simulate only the driving stuff. If there is a real world ferry, it should be on the simulator, it's your choice whether to use it or not.
Last edited by Frozen1 on 11 Jun 2017 08:53, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

HQ: Rousse (BG)
Truck: MAN TGX Euro 6 2013
ProMods since: August 2013 v1.0

brainiac
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2017 19:02

Some player will never understand that in game is ferry bug. If you want more ferries, make them yourself, it is easy.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

GarthEastwood

02 Nov 2017 23:49

I must admit I don't mind ferries, but one that does seem rather unneeded is the tiny 1 mile ferry crossing at Klaipeda, Lithuania..... though it *is* true to real life, look on Google Maps, the ferry is there linking Klaipeda to that "167" road going down the long thin landspit heading toward Kaliningrad..... (nice scenic route too)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information