Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Shiva

01 Jun 2020 13:12

Ahh, cheers :)
I can't remember, is Mersin in the plans or will it be O.21 north, before reaching it? in the plans?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

worldisblack

01 Jun 2020 13:20

I think, i hope i remember right, 4 southern Turkish cities (Adana, Mersin, Hatay and its biggest district Iskenderun) is planned, but not developed yet. I remember a photo which shows a bordergate that connects Syria and Turkey. Playtpus was shared that one some pages before. I hope when the next update for Add-on comes, we will drive those areas, with sweat buckets :lol:

Çukurova Logistics TB: https://trucksbook.eu/company/65722
Çukurova Logistics TMP: https://truckersmp.com/vtc/9892

Teurov
Donation rank:

01 Jun 2020 18:02

@worldisblack
Let me correct you, Hatay is the province that Antakya and İskenderun is in. It's not a city :D

worldisblack

01 Jun 2020 20:14

Actually yes.. Hatay is the name of province, Antakya is the one of centre district's name (like center of province), and İskenderun is a district too, but it have a big port like Mersin, and Iron-Steel industry. And its not the center. I tell this too; think about the ETS2 map. Antakya will have big dot, and İskenderun will have a small dot :D

Çukurova Logistics TB: https://trucksbook.eu/company/65722
Çukurova Logistics TMP: https://truckersmp.com/vtc/9892

FeuerStar

03 Jun 2020 21:25

Forgive me for this possibly dumb, stupid question which might sound like been asked many times.

Dear mappers, I wonder if is there a relatively simple way, like changing a couple of parameters, for users to manually solve the significant offset of ME on our own in some major BG maps, like the popular satellite map that is mandatory for RoEX and Project Turkey. The current map looks really strange but can be fixed if the coordinate of all the components can be moved southeastward for a certain amount.

I completely admire and respect the hard work of mapping and defiantly don't want to argue about the "correct" location for ME. I, as one of the many Promods users, am simply seeking a way to improve the everyday gameplay from a visual aspect. Since I have virtually no experience in mapping, I have no idea how difficult the proposed "coordinate shift" will be. I here again apologize if the reality is totally different from the simplicity of my proposal.

However, even if the "coordinate shift" does require a lot of work, please explain to me how it should be done so I will probably use my spare time to create a version that fits the BG map.

All the best.

bmwGTR

04 Jun 2020 07:05

Hi,

that is not possible. You would have to open the map editor and shift the map on your own.
In addition the satellite BG map is NOT mandatory to play with RoEx and Turkey.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

FeuerStar

05 Jun 2020 01:44

Yeah, I'm prepared for this. But will there be any tutorials for shifting the map?
RoEX and Project Turkey require one of the three designated BG maps to play or the entire map will offset significantly. I've tried.

bengt.jensie

05 Jun 2020 03:28

@FeuerStar

That is not true, RoEx and Project Turkey definitely don't require any specific BG map.
Chose your own!

bmwGTR

05 Jun 2020 07:19

Hi,

it is possible to play without the BG map from bengt.jensie.
Then you have to open the RoEx Def file and edit the map_data.sii and set the "map_center" values to the values from ProMods Def - otherwise you will have a shifted map (I tried it out last evening).

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

FeuerStar

05 Jun 2020 09:30

Thanks. this seem to be a promising solution. I'll try it. Good trucking!
Last edited by bmwGTR on 05 Jun 2020 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information