Middle East Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Emin28
Donation rank:

11 Apr 2020 22:06

Good job at the borders!
Is your goal to connect Europe and the Middle East via Turkey?
will Complete Anatolia come?
I speak Turkish, German

Abdurrezzak3500

11 Apr 2020 22:11

Awsome work! Is that Yayladağı-Kasab border passing? Propably this will be only border pass due to İdlib, Aleppo; Cilvegözü, Zeytindalı and Öncüpınar border gates aren't going to be made am I right?
Image Image
Image Image Image

affluence

11 Apr 2020 22:21

Platypus wrote:
11 Apr 2020 21:34

- The Syrian coast is planned. It's in fact the place on which I'm working now. It should come in next major version (2.50). Some cities of south Turkey (Mersin, Adana, Iskenderun and Antakya) should come with this.
Looking great m8.

Looks like plans have been changed about Turkey...?
If you have Mersin on the list than what does it realy means? As i remember that you said that you will just make a corridor from Adana to İstanbul right? You decided to make more cities than the corridor? What shoul we expect for the future about Turkey?

ElectroYt2002

11 Apr 2020 22:28

1. How come you have Lybian cities if youre not thinking of expanding to lybia.

2. I see that Giza and Cairo are listed seperately, how is it going to work with the amount of space that is given, it would be very hard to fit both 'cities' so close, if you find I way to do it that would be awesome but...

3. I love the new updated map expansion, its absolutely wonderful, cant wait for more future updates! (personally, I cant wait for the road connection to Istanbul and then expansion into egypt/africa) there really should be a africa map add-on (morocco/algeria/lybia/tunisia, maybe even more south) for promods, someone should work on that (im way too bad at map/graphical design)
Last edited by ElectroYt2002 on 12 Apr 2020 09:35, edited 1 time in total.

Platypus
Developer

11 Apr 2020 23:00

Hello,
Maxest wrote:
11 Apr 2020 21:49
Hello thanks you for your work, but is it possible to use custom border crossings instead of the Baltic? I see that those are sadly being copypasted everywhere now, and in places like the Middle East it looks especially unrealistic. Is it possible to change them into something more appropriate?
Kindly asked, should it be possible to stop with requests ? Sorry but I have a lot of people asking for more and more .... More roads, more cities, more custom ... It just makes me tired and I don't intend to work under pressure. Because the only think that could be earned then is a need for a break. It occured to me in the past and I don't want this again. Please don't forget I work quite alone on this add-on, freely, as a hobby. I pay attention to a lot of details and I try to vary the landscapes, by example at the borders, to avoid it becomes too repeated. By the way, those custom borders are quite complicated. It's a lot of work and I don't master how to build them.

That said, It's indeed Yayladağı-Kasab border passing. I did'nt changed my plans for Turkey. I repost here the planning. As already explained, I can't promise more for now. It's already quite a lot of work
Turkey.jpg
Turkey.jpg (213.14 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
- The Egyptian northern coast road, continuing to Benghazi is a very long term project. I just created the defs and marked the road in the editor. Building this is actually not at all a priority.
- Gaza ? I never planned Gaza. This area will be avoided, sorry. Cairo will come at term.
- Morocco/Algeria/Lybia/Tunisia : I have no ressources for this, sorry.

Regards,

id777
Donation rank:

11 Apr 2020 23:50

I think he means Giza (near Cairo), not Gaza.

Thank you, Platypus for your answers. Wish you good luck with developing Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Egypt!

It's already too much for one developer. Maybe Horizon could help you, Iraq that he built is awesome. Not just only single road. Wish he come back in future and finish that road till Baghdad.
id777 ;)

System: Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core [email protected] x6
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

PandaCrazy672

12 Apr 2020 00:23

ElectroYt2002 wrote:
11 Apr 2020 22:28

3. I love the new updated map expansion, its absolutely wonderful, cant wait for more future updates! (personally, I cant wait for the road connection to Istanbul and then expansion into egypt/africa) there really should be a africa map add-on (morocco/algeria/lybia/tunisia, maybe even more south) for promods, someone should work on that (im way too bad at map/graphical design)

I don't know if you are aware, but there's currently a map mod in development, that will be released soon, it's called MaMap.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=28280
World of Wombat Discord Server Moderator

MaghrebMap Community Manager and Discord Server Admin

Road to Asia Beta Tester and Discord Server Admin

FSG Map Beta Tester and Discord Server Moderator

Shiva

12 Apr 2020 01:17

Platypus, that is a long long trip.
I intend to follow your progress.
And I hope you won't get burnt out.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

dclark12553
Donation rank:

12 Apr 2020 02:38

Is it possible to make a Russia addon using the same mapping style as ProMods, sort of like the Middle East addon because I think that RusMap is pretty unrealistic and boring, and It will be guaranteed to be compatible with ProMods without having to worry about the road connection between ProMods and RusMap having to be updated every time there is an update. Plus, Russia will be of ProMods quality if ProMods made their own Russian add-on.

ElectroYt2002

12 Apr 2020 09:33

Oh yea no, im NOT saying YOU should work on northern africa, that is WAY too much work, I was just saying that somebody could make another add on, just like you did, but for northern africa... I was in no way expecting you to, all alone, work on all of the middle east AND africa, thats way too much, I was just saying that its a good idea for another map creator to make another add-on (seperate to middle east addon) because I was already in the topic of cairo and expanding into egypt. I now know that this is in fact already what is happening with the MaMap (which I was unaware of), so yea...

also that makes sense, I was just confused because I saw 'gizeh' in the map files, and I assumed it was Giza (as its spelt in egyptian), Sorry for the misinterpretations.... (in my previous post, I mean Giza, not gaza, that was a misspelling)

I absolutely love the work you are putting out (which is why im so active in this forum more than others) because of the change in scenery and the complicated border crossings. So I do not mean to stress you out, I was just curious.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information