Colour picker in the def generator

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
jdenm8
Graphics Designer

25 Dec 2014 16:46

That relies on HTML5. Not all browsers support it, at least not properly. Most notably, pre-webkit Opera doesn't.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

26 Dec 2014 03:26

pre-Webkit Opera is dead.

Welcome to 2013, oh wait...

If you are not using a html5-enabled browser by now, you don't belong in front of a computer

jdenm8
Graphics Designer

26 Dec 2014 06:59

Believe it or not, but a lot of people still use pre-Webkit Opera. I'm not one of those people though.
Curry?! My manual doesn't have any data on curry... What's the meaning of this...?!

kallejre

26 Dec 2014 17:56

Color picker as a object on webpage shouldn't be problem. I can't figure out, how to send color values to def generator. Cgi site with PHP/Python script inside? If defs can be made by running automated script independent from color values, then it is not problem.
Textbox is good idea as a alternative, if HTML isn't enabled in browser.

ScuL
Founder

28 Dec 2014 19:59

If you can develop a colour picker that is supported by a wide range of browsers (html5, non-html5, javascript, non-javascript, etc.) then feel free to provide it and I will build it in. The current php script is just based on fixed values.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

29 Dec 2014 00:04

ScuL wrote:If you can develop a colour picker that is supported by a wide range of browsers (html5, non-html5, javascript, non-javascript, etc.) then feel free to provide it and I will build it in. The current php script is just based on fixed values.
You can't have a colour picker in a non-html5 browser with javascript disabled. The only possibilities in such a case is a <select> like now or an input field for a hex code.

Besides, it's high time everybody just stopped catering for these non-sensical situations and forced the users (and the web) to move forwards. This is not the year 2000.

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2015 13:03

Maybe simply to use R, G, B fields - where you enter the colour values. And no preview until you click "Preview button".

This should work in PHP... (or ASP.NET (depending what you're using)) :) The thing is - anyone can use PAINT to learn the colours Decimal RGB values - though there should be ability for programmers to use single HEX line :)
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

10 Nov 2015 13:17

I have to say, as a former webmaster, I totally agree with LA-MJ.

Back in my time as a webmaster (one, two years ago) Internet Explorer was still a big hype, and HTML5 was already there and was already making the web a much better place to be.
It's a pain to make a website, with quite some functionality, compatible with both the latest and greatest Chromium and the poor old Internet Explorer 8... It is possible though, it just required some extra programming. And sometimes I was like was LA-MJ says. 'F*ck it, they should use a normal browser to use this'. And decided to put in a line like this:

Code: Select all

<!--[if lt IE 9]><color="red">You're using a browser which is far to old for today's web. If you want to use this website to it's full extent, install a compatible browser like Chrome or Firefox.</color><![endif]-->
This line of code was in all my pages. Always on the top of the browser, in bright red. I thought, if I make that a bit annoying people will switch eventually.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

AssassinLV
Donation rank:

11 Nov 2015 12:48

Volleybal4life wrote:This line of code was in all my pages. Always on the top of the browser, in bright red. I thought, if I make that a bit annoying people will switch eventually.
Lol, once I was supposed to drop the support of whole IE → Cause of lack of support for "tts" fonts, (I was doing translation website), that experimentally used font change by language... But the funny thing is → Now it's working better on Edge then on Chrome :D
Last edited by mbman212 on 11 Nov 2015 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote.
Mom says to son.
Hey son - can you go to the shop and buy the milk, if they have eggs - buy six.
Sure.
Son goes to the shop and buys six packs of milk and goes back home.
Why did you buy six packs of milk?
Because - they had eggs. And you told me to buy six - if they had eggs.

Bramzel
Donation rank:

11 Nov 2015 16:18

I read a very clever line in a quotation from a webdeveloper recently: "We support all browsers with a marketshare of over 5%". This is clear for the customer and a big relief for the developer :D

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information