Development on version 2.x (Black Sea Merge)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Vøytek
Developer

07 Apr 2020 00:55

How do you know it'll be one month? I wish I had your knowledge about this game and our project, as well as those epic divination skills.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

yqdfy

07 Apr 2020 02:23

1.37 the test will take one month,compatibility with 1.37 is also required,one month is not enough.

ScuL
Founder

07 Apr 2020 05:03

1.37 will still be in open beta for quite a long time, and we never release for open betas anyway
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Asaaj6

07 Apr 2020 12:58

Vøytek wrote:
07 Apr 2020 00:55
How do you know it'll be one month? I wish I had your knowledge about this game and our project, as well as those epic divination skills.
Maybe he calculated based on previous situations, and he cared much because put value on PM work. I mean all of us are fans and we like your job, and thats why we ask many times when it will be ready. Thats what fans do, get hype about it. And you, as a humble creator, should appreciate it, maybe not praising your fans, but at least being respectful, answering politely. All that culture of "when is ready" and the arrogance of a lot of GM/developer/mods in PM made me step at side from PM, I was loving it, paying the download everytime, following everything of PM everywhere.

But arrogance + unfortunately missing updated versions at side of SCS work are stronger. For sure nobody cares what my opinion is, but I would like at least leave a commentary to conscientise in you guys more respect/politeness with your 'fans'.

Greetings everyone.

vboba89
Donation rank:

07 Apr 2020 13:26

Will i need Road to the black sea to play PM 2.45?

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

07 Apr 2020 13:32

Yes
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

FunTrucker_18

07 Apr 2020 14:41

Of course, this will likely contain the adaption to the DLC.

Vøytek
Developer

07 Apr 2020 14:46

Asaaj6 wrote:
07 Apr 2020 12:58
But arrogance + unfortunately missing updated versions at side of SCS work are stronger. For sure nobody cares what my opinion is, but I would like at least leave a commentary to conscientise in you guys more respect/politeness with your 'fans'.
I hope you are aware that "respect", "politeness" and also "arrogance" work both ways. If we see tons of impatient and impolite "questions" (more like demands), we react in a similar way. Check his posts and you'll see his posts are constantly demanding and he asks plenty of times about the same area (for example Baltics). The one I replied to is in a tone "Seriously? Another month? I would do it in 2 days...", that's why I replied like that. Zero respect towards our hard work = hard to respect such person :| We're not asking for any form of appreciation, but just understanding and patience. Some people constantly fail to fulfill this "wish"...

And no, it's surely not any calculation, because an update to 1.36 took us just a week :)

Please understand, that working in the editor and merging stuff doesn't happen magically. It all takes time and asking won't speed it up.

-

As stated here: https://www.promods.net/compat.php
Road to the Black Sea will be required, as we connected PM with this DLC. That's the whole purpose of 2.45 ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

YvoNafzger
Donation rank:

07 Apr 2020 15:26

Hi Team!

As you can see everybody is very anxious for the new release.
First I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work, but I also have a question about RttBS connections :-)

I was wondering if there are any plans regarding the development of the Makaza border crossing from Greece to Bulgaria, on the road from Plovdiv to Komotini (for example in 2.5 or later versions)
I drove there once IRL and it looked quite busy. Also it seems a great way to avoid crossing multiple borders if you're travelling from BG tot GR.

Keep up the good work guys!

Dreadzone

07 Apr 2020 15:57

I'm not remotely involved with ETS2 or Promods, but on the forum of another game I play, they announced an update was coming up and gave a specific release date for when it would be ready. About a day or two before, they found a massive potentially game-breaking bug that took them about 2 weeks to fully fix and test, during which time they got absolutely hammered by fans on the forum, twitter etc. for promising something for a certain date and it not being ready by then.

This is why the answer for any update for any game is always "When it's ready". It's not arrogance or disrespect, it's simply not promising something that they cannot be 100% certain of delivering, and ending up with a lot of angry and disappointed fans.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information