Development on version 1.x (Ireland edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Laarus

23 Oct 2013 15:24

Nico.... Machine guns and booze, sounds just like a place you want to be anyway. :)

Texas is an amazing state and a lot greener than most Europeans believe, it's only out towards the New Mexico border it becomes more 'Wild West' desert. You'll have a lot of fun making the map, if you get the chance.

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

23 Oct 2013 19:35

Where were you in Texas, Nico? It's a H U G E state. In fact, it's the only state that encompasses virtually every type of terrain and weather, from the humid Gulf coast to the dry prairies of the mid-west, mountains, and the lush river valley of the Rio Grande. :)
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

23 Oct 2013 19:43

I have been 2,5 weeks in Frisco wich is right next to Dallas... And true, here in europe when we think about Texas we think about cowboys and deserts but I saw beautiful green grass and had some lovely temperatures (30-35C).

I know it's just one place (and saw Detroit and Atlanta airport + NYC and Washington from the plane) but I think that is one time more than most of SCS their people ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

24 Oct 2013 00:11

I actually like this Ireland idea because we need more left hand side countries its so rare in the game

johnhaughey

31 Oct 2013 15:21

Nico wrote:I hope it. I have been to Texas and I absolutely love the place. I'm than willing to create it for SCS if they want me to.
Nico, I've been living in Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth area) for the last 16 years, so I know this area really well.

When American Truck Simulator comes out, this would be a great basis for maps, as we've got some really cool highways (including crazy construction), as well as some of the best intersections in the world.

Check out the the High Five which is right by where I live. It's amazing to drive.

If it ever gets to where you map Texas for American Truck Simulator... if you need someone to test the authenticity or need help with knowledge, I'm your man.

Born in Ireland, so waiting for this map... hope it's available soon. can't wait.

johnhaughey

31 Oct 2013 15:23

Nico wrote:I have been 2,5 weeks in Frisco wich is right next to Dallas... And true, here in europe when we think about Texas we think about cowboys and deserts but I saw beautiful green grass and had some lovely temperatures (30-35C).

I know it's just one place (and saw Detroit and Atlanta airport + NYC and Washington from the plane) but I think that is one time more than most of SCS their people ;)
I live right by Frisco (moving to McKinney next month, which borders Frisco)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2013 15:33

lol this is so funy. I know the junction. In fact I have travelled everyday from Frisco (Lebanon rd) to the Sam Rayburn Tollway towards McKinney. You might have heared of the Franconia brewery. I worked there for 2 weeks and lived at the owner's home for that time. Lovely place there ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2013 20:39

Did u see the Dallas Cowboys Stadium?

johnhaughey

02 Nov 2013 00:19

Nico wrote:lol this is so funy. I know the junction. In fact I have travelled everyday from Frisco (Lebanon rd) to the Sam Rayburn Tollway towards McKinney. You might have heared of the Franconia brewery. I worked there for 2 weeks and lived at the owner's home for that time. Lovely place there ;)
Know that whole area really well. Don't know how long ago you were in Frisco, but Dallas North Tollway and Sam Rayburn Tollway (121) had construction for years, finally finished last year, another pretty big junction.

Franconia is one of the old breweries from the area. Craft beer has exploded around the area, we've got lots of them now.

ThatYorkshireman
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2013 13:17

Thought this thread was about the development of the Ireland edition map, not about Texas! :P

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information