Development on version 1.x (Spain edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
leillo1975
Donation rank:

12 Mar 2015 10:04

plykkegaard wrote:
Martinus Kundla wrote:why can't you guys already start on mapping Spain
What do you prefer the most? Quantity or quality?
That should give you a good solid answer
"Despacito y buena letra"

Of course Quality. I think first you have to finish the south of france and then connect to the north of Spain.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

12 Mar 2015 10:12

We know realdeal.

We have him in our groups but we still need to hook him up to everything. There are more people that we actually still need to hook up ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

LoaderSaints

12 Mar 2015 10:14

If you want quality, go for ProMods and have patience. On the other hand, if you want quantity, go for TSM and stop rushing the developers here. If something gets done fast it will most probably be full of bugs and look ugly. So for people asking for development in Spain, be patient, it will be built eventually as ProMods' goal is to eventually build all of Europe and AFAIK Spain is still part of Europe. ;)

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

12 Mar 2015 10:17

leillo1975 wrote:Of course Quality
Take a deep breath and hesitate until you have seen and experienced the upcoming ProMods 1.90
I do promise you're in for a treat

I'd love to see expansions in all directions as well as improvements on old SCS work, but unfortunately the team will have to have very tight long term priorities in order to reach the ultimate goal: 1st class player experience
So little time and tons of work to do

Thanks
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

leillo1975
Donation rank:

12 Mar 2015 12:43

LoaderSaints wrote:If you want quality, go for ProMods and have patience. On the other hand, if you want quantity, go for TSM and stop rushing the developers here. If something gets done fast it will most probably be full of bugs and look ugly. So for people asking for development in Spain, be patient, it will be built eventually as ProMods' goal is to eventually build all of Europe and AFAIK Spain is still part of Europe. ;)

I don't like TSM, it's a rude and bad finished map; and it works bad with Linux (a lot of errors in textures). I don't have any problem on waiting, I'm only asking and speculating. ;)

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

12 Mar 2015 16:03

ZelvaCZ wrote:
Martinus Kundla wrote:
Volleybal4life wrote:We can really use more devs
*khmm*Realdeal*khmm*Iberian peninsula map*more khmm*
*khmm*we are in*khmm*touch with him*more khmm* ;)
You just snapped him clean off!!! This is where I'd say Oow, snap! Like Google Chrome does.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

norguy

12 Mar 2015 16:35

MandelSoft wrote:Also, it's worth nothing to mention that Denmark from version 1.0 (as well as Sweden) didn't look that great. We have spent quite some time to upgrade the scenery there, until the DLC was announced. We are now waiting for the DLC for the merge.

Pulling off this feat again in France nowadays would be unacceptable...
I think you misunderstood me. Didn't mean that you should rush anything out. My point was just that I don't see the problem with few border connections. It dosen't affect gameplay in a very negative way? Yes, it's more authentic with more connections, but in my opinion having only one or two roads leading south is better than not having Spain in the game at all.

I mentioned Denmark because they only have one border to Sweden, and it seems to work nice in real life too? ;)

So, if you have someone who wants to make Spain, I personally would not prefer that he/she waits until all of southern France is finished.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

12 Mar 2015 16:45

The thing is that this is OK because there is only one border crossing anyway, so you just can't build any more connections. But this is not the only connection from Denmark to Sweden; you are forgetting the Fredrikshavn-Göteborg ferry. So that makes actually TWO connections to Sweden, not just one. And there's the Hirtshals-Kristianssand and the Fredrikshavn-Oslo ferry too. That makes four connections from Denmark to the Scandinavian Peninsula, not just one.

The thing with Spain is that they have quite a wide border with France, from coast to coast. From what we have heard from the past, people don't like single-sided connected cities (Kalmar is kind of an awkward example of this). If we build one city with only one connection, we immediately will get questions like "why didn't you build connection X or Y) without having proper defence to back our choices.

And there's another thing; the work that has been done so far in Spain by Lolsmurf is far from impressive and I'm afraid we have to start over again. On the other hand, we have RealDeal's work in Barcelona, which looks great. However, one only has to take a map to see that Barcelona is at the other coast of Spain than Bayonne is, where we made our first possibility for a border connection. We also need more mediterrenian styled assets to represent the Spanish climate ;)

Best,
MandelSoft
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

12 Mar 2015 16:50

MandelSoft wrote:The thing is that this is OK because there is only one border crossing anyway, so you just can't build any more connections. ... We also need more mediterrenian styled assets to represent the Spanish climate ;)

Best,
MandelSoft
Couldn't agree more. And I just want to add that I said there was one road connection to Sweden, not one in general, if you were referring to me. I think RealDeal will do a fantastic job once France is finished. If people don't like that, may I suggest them TSM.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

leillo1975
Donation rank:

12 Mar 2015 16:57

MandelSoft wrote: We also need more mediterrenian styled assets to represent the Spanish climate

You note that there are many different types of climate in Spain. The Atlantic and Cantabric coast are Oceanic, not mediterranean

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Spain

I'm from Galicia and the climate is more like the English or Irish, not like Valencia or Barcelona

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information