Italian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
tkk7406
Add-on Developer

25 Mar 2015 20:24

uk_daf_fan wrote:
MandelSoft wrote:
uk_daf_fan wrote:I think all roads by SCS should be re-built eventually, as they are so boring.
Not all of them. From all countries SCS did build, Switzerland is the one that's represented the best in the vanilla game. We only needed to make little changes there, but the rest seems to be represented very decently. I always enjoy driving there.
It took me some time to calculate that but I'll have to agree on that. Poland was well done too (the DLC bit at least).
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

25 Mar 2015 21:08

tkk7406 wrote: It took me some time to calculate that but I'll have to agree on that. Poland was well done too (the DLC bit at least).
Compare Scandinavia DLC to the Polish one, and you'll quickly find that they've rushed it, and done in fact a rubbish job. Some bits are ok, but I was quickly bored driving on it. Radol's Poland Rebuilding offers much more.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

25 Mar 2015 21:43

If you read before I did actually mention how the Going East! DLC did a good job. I also think Poland Re-building is a must, too.

Can we please talk about Italy now though?

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

25 Mar 2015 21:48

HighFlyerPL185 wrote:
tkk7406 wrote: It took me some time to calculate that but I'll have to agree on that. Poland was well done too (the DLC bit at least).
Compare Scandinavia DLC to the Polish one, and you'll quickly find that they've rushed it, and done in fact a rubbish job. Some bits are ok, but I was quickly bored driving on it. Radol's Poland Rebuilding offers much more.
I completely agree with you. But I was comparing it to the vanilla game. I think that with ProMods, the Poland Rebuilding is a must have.

But, yeah, let's get back to the topic of Italy.
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Superdavecan

28 Mar 2015 14:07

ScuL wrote:
We appreciate your comments but please re-post them in 2017 because Sicily is a long, long way off..
MandelSoft wrote:
Also, the further away a location is from current developments, the more subject to change the plans in that location are. We will review our plans once we reach Sicily.

People tend to think that our plans are written in stone, while in fact, all these plans are very, VERY subject to change.
Yeah, you're right... I probably won't need to re-post these in 2017 because I'm sure someone will realise that Sicily needs to be reviewed when ProMods approaches it.

Now of course, M95 is busy with the continuation of the ARP in Germany. And that's good, because like most people I do see it as a higher priority than Italian expansion. But for when he is able to continue with it... I'm still wondering about the small country of San Marino. It's not that far away from Bologna so well worth thinking about now.

Originally I'd written that I thought Rimini should be scrapped in favour of the small country of San Marino. That's probably not such a good idea though... but since artistic liberties have been taken to make cities further apart than they really are in order to make them both fit (for example, Copenhagen and Malmö), it would surely be feasible to take an artistic liberty here and build San Marino further away than the 20 km it really is from Rimini. I am a fan of the small countries, and ProMods has already done a great job with Liechtenstein (and also the Faroe Islands, though that's not a soveriegn country on its own)... so I'm sure it would work to build San Marino as well. And the nice thing is that you would only need to build one entrance, since in real life it is only accessible from Rimini via the SS 72.

Your thoughts on building the small country of San Marino, not long after development on Italy resumes?

zebenji
Graphics Designer

28 Mar 2015 17:01

Superdavecan wrote:Your thoughts on building the small country of San Marino, not long after development on Italy resumes?
I wouldn't mind at all seing San Marino in game. It could be a nice surprise, just like Liechtenstein was. There aren't big roads or cities around, so placing it a little further from Rimini is a possibility.

And it makes much more sense than the Vatican, which doesn't have large roads withiin its borders (at least I don't remember seeing a highway through the Sistine Chapel, it might have changed since then... :D ).

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

28 Mar 2015 17:37

zebenji wrote:
Superdavecan wrote:Your thoughts on building the small country of San Marino, not long after development on Italy resumes?
I wouldn't mind at all seing San Marino in game. It could be a nice surprise, just like Liechtenstein was. There aren't big roads or cities around, so placing it a little further from Rimini is a possibility.

And it makes much more sense than the Vatican, which doesn't have large roads withiin its borders (at least I don't remember seeing a highway through the Sistine Chapel, it might have changed since then... :D ).
I think San Marino would be a nice addition. Better than the Vatican City, that's for sure (imagine a truck registered from there!).
Cheers,

zebenji
Graphics Designer

28 Mar 2015 18:08

tkk7406 wrote: Better than the Vatican City, that's for sure (imagine a truck registered from there!).

...Don't want to stay off-topic, so just a small idea: how about Trieste, close to the border with Croatia? I don't know if it had been mentioned before. Could be a nice and logic addition to expand the map towards Croatia. Trieste has a big port and oïl refineries, so there is a possibility to implement a few companies there.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

28 Mar 2015 18:42

Triest should be planned.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Kobra2112

30 Mar 2015 15:01

I agree. Trieste has some importance as an economic zone in Italy and was once its own separate country in Post-WWII Italy.
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information