Italian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
dariojet

10 Dec 2017 13:38

Hello everyone, I've downloaded few days back the DLC Italia and I have to say that SCS did a really great job :D I have some proposal for some small improvements in Sicily, of course this should be done after the implementation of Sardinia which, in my opinion, should have priority on the future project for Italy map:

- In order to eventually connect Malta in the future, the main connection with the rest of Europe would be through Pozzallo, which is a town of approx. 20K inhabitants (not that smaller than Suzzara, indeed I still cannot understand why SCS has decided to put it in game) in the south east of Sicily; you can build an harbour out there, a small base garage, a repairement garage and maybe 2 or 3 companies where to get jobs; in order to connect Pozzallo with the rest of the map you can extend the A18 southern and you can eventually build some new roads in the south of Sicily to eventually connect Pozzallo to Palermo;

- It looks strange to me that SCS didn't include the ferry connection between Genova and Palermo, maybe the main reason for this exclusion was due to the fact that this connection is not even present in Google Maps, but if you search online "ferry Genova Palermo" you will find plenty of website where to book the tickets; in my opinion this ferry connection will help a lot all the drivers to drive from Sicily (or even from Malta eventually in the future) to reach faster the rest of the continent without driving through Italy from south to north and vice versa.

I hope that you will take into consideration my proposals :)

samuray
Donation rank:

10 Dec 2017 14:18

No need for Genova - Palermo ferry. Why would you skip driving through the beautiful Italy?

dariojet

10 Dec 2017 15:08

it will be ok if you have to ship a cargo once in a lifetime to Sicily, but if you are based in Sicily, after two or three times that you have to ship something to Iceland or Finland you will have to drive the same way all the way through Italy... also it will be more realistic, I don't think that a real truck driver cares about the beautiful Italy and would like to avoid driving through all Italy... it's of course my opinion and i wanted just to share it as a proposal :)

martinusK

10 Dec 2017 15:14

Well, you will encounter this everywhere. Someone based in Liverpool will find himself taking the M6 *alot*, someone in Rovaniemi will drive along the Vt4 alot, i find myself taking the T4 and the entire E67 alot. It's just something that's unavoidable.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

lelux

10 Dec 2017 16:34

Shiva wrote:
10 Dec 2017 12:52
Brindisi, that I do agree on. But it is quite close to Taranto.
Cerano power plant in southern Italy? where? I can not find it.

You can find Cerano about 10 chilometers south of Brindisi, along the adriatic coast. For information, chimney high is about 180 meters!

gmtavares

10 Dec 2017 16:42

@lelux
That would look nice... Don't know if it fits completely, though! The Genova-Sicilia ferry would be great, specially for urgent stuff... It is likely to be faster than driving all the way up the Italian penninsula.
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

juliussasar
Donation rank:

11 Dec 2017 10:14

dariojet wrote:
- It looks strange to me that SCS didn't include the ferry connection between Genova and Palermo, maybe the main reason for this exclusion was due to the fact that this connection is not even present in Google Maps, but if you search online "ferry Genova Palermo" you will find plenty of website where to book the tickets; in my opinion this ferry connection will help a lot all the drivers to drive from Sicily (or even from Malta eventually in the future) to reach faster the rest of the continent without driving through Italy from south to north and vice versa.
Except that trucks are considerably faster than ferries, so even with the mandatory breaks from driving it might only make you lose time.

dariojet

11 Dec 2017 11:11

martinusK wrote:
10 Dec 2017 15:14
Well, you will encounter this everywhere. Someone based in Liverpool will find himself taking the M6 *alot*, someone in Rovaniemi will drive along the Vt4 alot, i find myself taking the T4 and the entire E67 alot. It's just something that's unavoidable.
I fully agree with you, but if you have the opportunity to include the ferry, which is there in real life, why don't do it?
juliussasar wrote:
11 Dec 2017 10:14
dariojet wrote:
Except that trucks are considerably faster than ferries, so even with the mandatory breaks from driving it might only make you lose time.
As far as i can see from the ferry booking websites, the ferry connection between Genova and Palermo and vice versa takes 21 hours; I've made a simulation to drive from Catania to Milano and it takes around 20 hours driving all the way through Italy + you need to take at least a break in the middle of Italy which will make the total of hours to 29... in my opinion it's worth to make a ferry connection between Genova and Palermo

Lastly, I understand that Genova has not been build by SCS to have an harbour and it might be difficult for ProMods team to include it, but mind that an eventual harbour in Genova will be probably built once ProMods will create Sardinia as well and, once the harbour will be in place, why not making a ferry connection between Genova and Palermo as well?

samuray
Donation rank:

11 Dec 2017 12:38

Logically it would be ferry from Genova to Corsica, from Corsica to Sardinia, from Sardinia to Sicily. So I really doubt that Promods would make Genova Palermo ferry.

asev

11 Dec 2017 15:17

The overall quality of DLC Italia is high, much of any other DLC by SCS.
It would be nice to have back some of Promods works in Italy, as A1var (Direttissima) between Firenze and Bologna. It was very nice to choose which autostrada take, as in real world.
Then, it would be nice to have some parts of road not included (I think for space reasons), as the North-West part of A90 (Grande Raccordo Anulare), the A1 "Bretella" between Fiano Romano and San Cesareo (in real world it allow to avoid Roma), and the last part of A1 between A30 junction and Napoli, the A4 between Torino and Milano.
And it would be nice to change some direction signal (it is very unreal to see Ancona on A1 and Cassino on A14). Also, on A1, A30 and A2 there is not any signal to Catanzaro in real world (you will find Reggio Calabria instead).
I think that there is some space for a little city in Basilicata, and another little city in Calabria.
I also hope to see Sardegna and Corsica very soon!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information