Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Noah_Lukas

29 Oct 2017 16:00

Yeah and the best thing is that the whole place where this accident happend is a moor 0.o
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Gazer75
Donation rank:

29 Oct 2017 17:11

That is some next level road foundation right there lol. When was this road built?

Noah_Lukas

29 Oct 2017 17:21

You mean in reallife?
Well that road was finished in 2005, a couple of weeks ago it sunk down a bit and now it crashed completely ;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

sareos
Donation rank:

30 Oct 2017 17:21

Hey guys,

Thanks for the great work you made in Germany.

However, I wonder if it would be possible to add a sleeping place inside the cities of Heilbronn and Flensburg (perhaps there are more, but in those two cities I noticed it). I had somtimes the problem, when delivering an urgent load, such that more or less my allowed driving time ends up shortly after the delivery - and no I couldn't sleep before, since I would miss my deadline. So, actually one has to sleep now, but in these cities I have to drive still up to an hour or more (depending on the current traffic and semaphore cycles) to find a sleeping place.

It would be great if you could fix that.
Best, sareos.

BigDukeSix
Donation rank:

01 Nov 2017 17:12

Started v2.2 a few days ago. Thanks for Erfurt and the A71. The IKEA and surroundings are very realistic.

saschapascals

02 Nov 2017 04:01

:) Your work is so great. But just one question: Would it be possible (by space) to put the A23 into the map? Those who know, the A23 just departs right before the northern exit of Hamburg at the A7 and then goes west, goes to Heide and then becoming the B5, which leads in the already existing A11 in Denmark. Would be a nice bypass when you travel from the south to Scotland :D

(And no, I don't mind, that the A215 is missing, I mean, it's in reality nothing more than a bigger normal street Exit and I understand the space issue).

34ilikepie
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2017 04:55

saschapascals wrote:
:) Your work is so great. But just one question: Would it be possible (by space) to put the A23 into the map? Those who know, the A23 just departs right before the northern exit of Hamburg at the A7 and then goes west, goes to Heide and then becoming the B5, which leads in the already existing A11 in Denmark. Would be a nice bypass when you travel from the south to Scotland :D

(And no, I don't mind, that the A215 is missing, I mean, it's in reality nothing more than a bigger normal street Exit and I understand the space issue).
Please refer to the 2nd picture on the first post for current developments. hope this answers your question

Callipso
Donation rank:

02 Nov 2017 06:05

Noah_Lukas wrote:
29 Oct 2017 17:21
You mean in reallife?
Well that road was finished in 2005, a couple of weeks ago it sunk down a bit and now it crashed completely ;)
That does sound like a sinkhole, or some other type of void under the ground, that would explain why it gave way in that fashion. I'm not sure of the process in building these roads though sometimes I wonder why in areas of risk for these sinkholes the area is not scanned for voids under the surface. Ground Penetrating Radar is something that can give you an idea as to if there are voids under the surface though, perhaps its just too costly to cover a large area like this.

saschapascals

02 Nov 2017 08:27

34ilikepie wrote:
02 Nov 2017 04:55
saschapascals wrote:

Please refer to the 2nd picture on the first post for current developments. hope this answers your question
Well, I knew the map before it, but you see, there is only the B5 and the A22 in it as being "planned". The A23 would be from the end of the B5 (the orange strip from Denmark to the Elbe) towards the A7... (and no, there is only one ferry boat over the Elbe and it's not near Cuxhaven, but between Stade and Glückstadt, so connecting the B5 with the road betweem Cuxhaven and Hamburg would not be realistic in any way :D)

34ilikepie
Donation rank:

05 Nov 2017 20:23

It is ideally up to the developers but that map is what they try to accomplish they may even release more additions but that I believe is what they want to finish
Last edited by ETS2-User on 06 Nov 2017 12:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed pyramide quote

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information