Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
kurtain

15 Dec 2018 16:26

In my opinion it will be

Brohmer Berge :https://bit.ly/2Grp2H0

or

Lindholz https://bit.ly/2SNoOuY

best regards from Greifswald

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

15 Dec 2018 19:53

I hope it's Brohmer Berge. In that location there's a quite long stretch without a resting place. Basicaly from Lindholz which is already ingame (tho not accurate) until either the polish border or if going toward Berlin til that other rest area on the A11 there's nothing. That's not extremely long but it can matter on some occasions.

And just generally I noticed that current Promods germany has quite a big shortage of rest areas. For comparison I just had a quite long trip into France and (I'm playing with AETR mod so I have to stop after 4 and a half hours drive) I noticed that there's a parking option on almost every highway after 2-3 hours of driving. Coming back in Germany after, it felt a bit unpleasant to notice that from Mannheim til Halle there's basicaly only 2 parking options on the motorway. (and one of it is to close to Mannheim so too early and the other on the former East German border which is a too far) But there are many other quite long stretches without any rest area. One of the worst is if you're going from A7 thru the A81 toward the swiss border at Schaffhausen. From the Grossenmoor parking on the 7 til the border there's absolutely nothing, that's 430 km's!!

Oh and just one last rant :lol: can you guys somehow manage to slow down the time even in custom restplaces just like how time slows down in the standard SCS ones?
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

TimmyTurner95

15 Dec 2018 22:25

But on your @elitegamer0611 there are a bit too many trees, but there are more fields irl.
EURoadNet-Developer

brainiac
Donation rank:

15 Dec 2018 23:23

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:
15 Dec 2018 19:53
I hope it's Brohmer Berge. In that location there's a quite long stretch without a resting place.
If you think that Germany has that problem in game, try Greece A90 from Thessaloniki to Igumenitsa in real life.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

15 Dec 2018 23:26

Yeeeah I know, and even Germany has problems irl too. But still, most of the time a real overdrive, because the lack of rest places is usually not longer than 30 maybe 45 mins, but ingame if you make a bad decision you can overdrive for hours. That strech I mentioned earlier the one from Grossenmoor to the swiss border, 430 km. Even if you do 90 kmph all the way (for which the ingame police will fine you, even tho in real life apart from the swedish and czech police, noone will) you will need more than 5 hours to make which is I think a bit over the top. So at least one small parking place somewhere around Stuttgart would be cool to have.

ProMods make the best roads, intercharges and road connections all over Germany and it's amazing how realisicaly they can build the landscape and cities but they too often forget about the, (in a real truckers mind) the most important thing, the truckstops.

brainiac
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2018 00:49

I use automobil speed limits. 90 km/h is really too slow for me. And I turned off speed fines because I often must drive faster and I want to finish job faster or it will become boring.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2018 03:02

That's an option true, :) but at that moment you turned off the one of the main "realism" factors of your game! :) If I would turn off the 90 speed limit I would be able to do the Puttgarden - Europoort stretch in 5 hours no problem, but that's not the point, originally in the game. Usually the game quite accurately and realisitcaly reflects real driving time between cities. So if it does that one realisticaly, it should also reflect somewhat more closely the rest places. It's not horrible how it is right now with some planning you can get around but still, it could be even better.

Just some examples where it should be built a new rest area in germany (if it's possible on the long run): on the A1 betwen Osnabrück and Bremen (maybe "Rastanlage WIldeshausen"), on the A81 at least one, don't care where, on the A19 and A24 between Rostock Berlin somewhere, maybe also one on the stretch one (close fit) on the A7 between the Hamburg and the danish border.

brainiac
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2018 11:25

But you use mod - sleeping after 4-5h.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

EdgeGladiator

16 Dec 2018 11:28

Unfortunately you can not have I think many cities and many roads with many gas stations at the same time. You talk about France but in this country, there are only just few cities and few roads, so there are more gas stations in the middle. I would greatly prefer that these gas stations was be replace by cities like Tours, Lorient etc. After, yes in one point it's not really realistic.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

JL1337

16 Dec 2018 12:35

EdgeGladiator wrote:
16 Dec 2018 11:28
Unfortunately you can not have I think many cities and many roads with many gas stations at the same time. [...]
To be fair, that is just an issue of scaling. I know Promods won't redo the whole map to a 1:1 scale, but in the real world you have all 3 (many cities/roads/resting areas), so as I see it, it's a mere question of the applied scale.

To be brutally honest, that's one of the main downsides of ETS: Why do you need a parking spot at all? You have a bed in your truck, no need to go to a hotel, just park up on the side of the road and "good night".
I'm not saying you should stop on the motorway to have your breaks, but in real life nobody gives a rats a## about the conditions under which truckers have their nightly rest, so why should I (being the driver myself in the game) need to take more care of myself?

[sorry for the off topic rant]

best regards
JL

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information