Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Cr1tical_H1t
Donation rank:

27 Apr 2019 16:03

Are there any plans for releasing Stralsund and Rügen island soon? And will there be a connection between Swinoujscie and Germany on the B110?

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

29 Apr 2019 13:29

From what I saw on SCS's blog, this second part of the rebuild apears to be more accurate than the mess they did with the north. But even in this new one, the signage is still annoying, I loved how PM always puted cities on signs even if they weren't actually ingame. This made a HUGE difference to me in realism and feeling. Scs apparently doesn't like this, and they instead still put cities on signs far-far away from the said place and that's a bit lame.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

MG Mike
Donation rank:

29 Apr 2019 14:11

Either this or they put a name and cover it with some kind of plane what seems to be glued with black stripes on the signs..

In some Areas there is no name behind readable in other areas it is readable.. Like on BAB 1 the Ferry port Puttgarden at Fehmarn is behind that cover readable or the City "Bad Segeberg" is readable behind that cover. On some other places there is only the cover..
I don't know but should it mean that this readable cities under the covers are meant to come in future updates?

But with the other statement you are right, only the reachable cities are clear written on the signs.

I hate this exits that are closed and only for decoration as it seems and at the sign there are only red xxxxxx. That is very annoying..
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

kurtain

29 Apr 2019 16:11

Cr1tical_H1t wrote:
27 Apr 2019 16:03
Are there any plans for releasing Stralsund and Rügen island soon? And will there be a connection between Swinoujscie and Germany on the B110?
1. We have talk about quite a while in this thread maybe Stralsund, Island Rügen and Sassnitz / Mukran (ferry) will come in the future.
2. No there will be no connection because it is forbidden to drive on Usedom with a truck in reallife.

Shiva

29 Apr 2019 16:22

kurtain, cheers for the information.
I did wonder why I did not see a single semi truck on the ferries on google streetview, when I checked.
Ferry crossings, 3 ton limit?
Is there some place to read more about the limits there?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

kurtain

29 Apr 2019 17:06

Ur welcome, yes i have but only in german. pdf page 4, point 10 and 11.

Border crossing Garz: allowed for cars, buses and Trucks with 7,5t.
Border crossing Ahlbeck: only for Vehicle max. 3,5t.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 29 Apr 2019 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quote, please do not quote the post above yours

Plum™
Developer

29 Apr 2019 17:13

About signage scs has a rule where they aren’t allowed to put any cities on signs which aren’t in game

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Apr 2019 17:19

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:
29 Apr 2019 13:29
But even in this new one, the signage is still annoying, I loved how PM always puted cities on signs even if they weren't actually ingame. This made a HUGE difference to me in realism and feeling. Scs apparently doesn't like this, and they instead still put cities on signs far-far away from the said place and that's a bit lame.
<SCS mode on>

For the record: I made the vast majority of the signs there, and this is intentional design. There is limited space on the signs and to keep things consistent, we only put cities on the sign that appear in the game (with a few exceptions). This helps us to communicate to the players, because the last thing you want is to confuse them (this is the case at the Hattenbacher Dreieck, where it would be logical to follow the BAB7 to München and Nürnberg, if only the BAB7 wasn't blocked) or give them useless guidance. This has been a deliberate and thought-through choice we made and we see no reason to change the approach. The map is already an abstraction of reality, and the signs reflect that. What's more important that the style should be correct, that it all makes sense, and that it's internally consistent. That's what my main goal is now and how I judge them.

If you want to see bad sign designs, go check out SCS Vanilla Scandinavia before 1.35 hits and see how poor the signs look over there. Squished arrows, missing route numbers, designs with poor alignment and elements out of proportion, it's a mess! I've cleaned that up for 1.35, so we'll get rid of those quite soon.

<SCS mode off>
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Shiva

29 Apr 2019 17:48

MandelSoft, cheers for the sign updates.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

29 Apr 2019 18:26

+1 @MandelSoft
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information