Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
SturmZebra
Donation rank:

02 Jun 2018 14:39

Yes, I know that but it wil be finished in 2019 so by then, SCS will be done, I think. Butzz anyway, I thinks it's a bit early to think about it yet.
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

MG Mike
Donation rank:

02 Jun 2018 16:19

Hm the new SCS Hamburg looks better than promods. But the screens are very similar to each other.
May it bee that they used the Promods Hamburg as a base and built on it new Models for the bridges for example and new streets and so on..?

I hope for a good road network in the new germany. Maybe with few specials.. Like mudroads in some wooden areas like on southern region.. And a few more small towns or villages, like in France or Italy.

By the way, one thing I am still missing on German autobahn even on promods are the "Notrufsäulen", small orange colored poles where you can make emergency calls in case of accidents.
I saw them on the A7 of TSM and was thinking, hell, whether on vanilla map nor on promods map there are to find...
They are only a small but important detail. They are standing usually in the middle of a intersection between the out leading and the on leading lanes.

Regards
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

02 Jun 2018 18:13

Don't get your hopes up too high. A normal DLC takes the work of a dozen mappers and a whole year to complete. Germany is being worked on for just four months, of which two of those I was working alone on the map. This is also the reason why not the whole of Germany will be covered with new Autobahns and such in the next patch; there is simply not enough time to do that and although I'm fast, I'm no miracle worker!
MG Mike wrote:
02 Jun 2018 16:19
May it bee that they used the Promods Hamburg as a base and built on it new Models for the bridges for example and new streets and so on..?
Nope. I've built it completely from scratch. That they look similar shouldn't come as a surprise if both of them are based on real world locations...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

02 Jun 2018 19:07

Hello Mandelsoft,

thanks for the information. No I am not awaiting whole germany at once.. i have read that it comes step by step. untill i drive and enjoy the promods map further. But it´s cool that germany will get a "reboot" from official site.
And don´t be affraid, i am not waiting for miracles.

Good quality takes good time ! And if it is like you said, that you and a few other are doing it while you are working on the new DLC so it is clear that this would take time !

I know the Hamburg port area and the A7. But i am not often there so i don´t know the exactly leading of the streets there. But i have looked at google earth, and have seen that this is a very realistic rebuilt of that area. Thanks for the good work and thanks for sharing the screenshot to us.

Greetings from north germany
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

TimmyTurner95

03 Jun 2018 16:58

I hope SCS made lot of new prefabs for Germany and not just the ones from dlc fr and dlc it just coverde with new textures.

e.g. I would like to see crossroads with seperate left turn lanes on country roads and in cities, if you know what I mean.
EURoadNet-Developer

CptCaribbean

03 Jun 2018 18:34

You can chech them out (some) in the map editor.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Blue Lark
Donation rank:

04 Jun 2018 04:08

Topolino wrote:
01 Jun 2018 08:38
MG Mike wrote:
31 May 2018 22:49
Hmm.. If I play ets2 and I am in the profile menu there is the scs news flash in the lower left side. Actually there is a picture of Hamburg and the Köhlbrandbrücke. And there stands "Re visiting Germany"
May this be already a Pic of a new Hamburg by SCS or is it simply a screenshot from promods. Maybe as an example for the upcoming new stuff?
This is Hamburg by ProMods:
<image>
(Screenshot by me)

And this is the upcomming Hamburg by SCS:
<image>
(The picture in full size can be found on ETS2 Facebook page. ;))
.....This has a synchronization rate of 99.9%. VERY SIMILAR. Except for that intersection down there, and the driveway on the bridge.
Last edited by Volleybal4life on 04 Jun 2018 07:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote images.
I'm out (since Mid of July 2021)
Scheduled to come back ETS2 and ATS someday...
ProMods User Since 1.97

TimmyTurner95

05 Jun 2018 19:38

When will there be 1.32 open beta by SCS ?
EURoadNet-Developer

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2018 19:41

Whenever there is the need for one. Please keep these kind of questions away. ETS2 1.31 has just been released......

Now then, back on topic.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Stuferus

05 Jun 2018 21:45

@mandelsoft please define "northern germany".. whats in this patch.. i guess it stops for now above hannover or is berlin and duisburg in?
(i hope scs gets rid of the duisburg <-> calais country road.. for mp and realism :) so im offtopic for this one..)

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information