Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
filip_swat
Donation rank:

02 Jan 2016 18:23

@R730_V8 Little place? on A2 little place isn't where he is Buckautal.. The same on the Ruhrgebiet.. Places it is much even if on A1 / A3.
On Berliner Ring there is a place, and there isn't a tankstelle/parkplatz.

On A1: Raststatte Lichtendorf, Rasthof Remscheid, parking An der Heimke, Ehrenberg + Kucksiepen
On A3: Stockweg/Entenfang, Hösel, parking Stinderhof, Ohligser Heide, Reusrath,

R730_V8
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2016 01:21

You really should open the map in editor than you will see that there isn't that much space but let's see what the official modders say ;)

Anyways I have some other questions not to say suggestions to you guys. As I live in the eastern part of Germany I know the areas around Magdeburg, Halle/Leipzig and Dresden very well. The fact that Magdeburg wasn't rebuilt in V 2.00 made me a bit sad but it also gave me the chance to make these suggestions (maybe you considered those ideas already yourself but let's see). First of all it is a pleasure to finally see BAB14 added but not everything is accurate. The Magdeburger Kreuz could be easily improved to make it even more realistic (some exits are missing a lane).Or the exit of Magdeburg Stadtfeld. Here the direction signs aren't correct. Between Halle and Magdeburg all signs on entrys of BAB14 say only "Halle" for direction Dresden and "Magdeburg" for direction Magdeburg. From Magdeburg on towards BAB2 they say "Berlin, Hannover" not "Salzwedel" or anything else. Also the sign for B1 is missing on the board before the Autobahn entry. I know these really are minor things but why not make it as realistic as you can if this is possible (and I'm very sure it is)?
Also BAB14 should have 6 lanes (3 per direction) between Magdeburger Kreuz and Magdeburg Stadtfeld (also easy to change without destroying the beautiful landscape).
Let's come to my suggestions for Magdeburg itself.
I hope you consider building the so called Magdeburger Tangente (sometimes also City Ring). It's a freeway that runs directly through Magdeburg (so the name better should be "secant") and is part of the B81, B71 and B189. It connects BAB14 and BAB2. It constantly has 2 lanes per direction but only at some points there are emergency lanes and there are no traffic lights only exits like on normal Autobahns. Beginning southwest of Magdeburg B81 crosses BAB14. Going on east B81 meets B71 directly at Magdeburg city limits. That is where B81 ends and B71 goes on directly into the centre of Magdeburg. In the middle of the town B71 meets B1 and shortly after this "junction" B71 leaves the ring heading towards Haldensleben and BAB14. From this point the ring is called B189 heading north towards Stendal and BAB2. After crossing this Autobahn it continues as 4-lane freeway (from this point with emergency lane) some kilometres north until it reached the Mittellandkanal. After crossing this canal it continues as normal rural road. Finally this road ends at the BAB19 exit Wittstock/Dosse. The whole city ring is west of Elbe river, so the crossing with BAB2 is before the Autobahn crosses this river.
It might also be interesting for you to know that there are "LBAs" from Magdeburger Kreuz up to the exit of Schönebeck in both directions. Those "LBAs" aren't that old so they won't appear on "Autobahnbilder.de".
I would really like to hear what you think about my opinion.

Greetings :)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2016 12:03

Shiva wrote: :/ so that might mean that the SCS Rostock Harbour will not be implemented to ProMods Rostock.
Which Rostock harbour? The ugly thing SCS produced with huge mountains beside it?
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Ranchester
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2016 12:44

Nico wrote:
Shiva wrote: :/ so that might mean that the SCS Rostock Harbour will not be implemented to ProMods Rostock.
Which Rostock harbour? The ugly thing SCS produced with huge mountains beside it?
Actually the Scandinavia DLC added SCS Rostock harbor was pretty close to IRL, much better than the old ProMods version.

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2016 12:57

Yup that is true. We are discussing it atm. I think we will probably add the Rostock harbour in the place of the crappy old one and rebuild it a bit.
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

FH-Fahrer
Developer

03 Jan 2016 13:04

R730_V8 wrote:Between Halle and Magdeburg all signs on entrys of BAB14 say only "Halle" for direction Dresden and "Magdeburg" for direction Magdeburg. From Magdeburg on towards BAB2 they say "Berlin, Hannover" not "Salzwedel" or anything else.
That can be changed easily ;) we weren't quite sure which cities to put on the direction signs because there are no pics and videos of that area

Then to the suggestions for Magdeburg. The rebuild of Magdeburg is not a priority right now, but we can consider it when the ARP is finished. Also there is not much space in that area. South of the BAB2 there are models that are only visible from the BAB2 and when we build an exit there, the whole view will be destroyed. And we really wanted to create the view of Magdeburg from the BAB2. But the LBAs are no problem ;)
Developer of the
Autobahn Rebuilding Project Image

Current developments:
  • Secret :P

Vallix
Donation rank:

03 Jan 2016 13:11

FH-Fahrer wrote: That can be changed easily ;) we weren't quite sure which cities to put on the direction signs because there are no pics and videos of that area

Then to the suggestions for Magdeburg. The rebuild of Magdeburg is not a priority right now, but we can consider it when the ARP is finished. Also there is not much space in that area. South of the BAB2 there are models that are only visible from the BAB2 and when we build an exit there, the whole view will be destroyed. And we really wanted to create the view of Magdeburg from the BAB2. But the LBAs are no problem ;)
I dont know if you know this but here is maybe an helpful page. http://www.autobahnatlas-online.de/
Feel free to add :)

ScuL
Founder

03 Jan 2016 13:15

Yes we use that a lot and also http://www.autobahn-bilder.de/ . It's really annoying that Streetview is prohibited in Germany..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

FH-Fahrer
Developer

03 Jan 2016 13:16

Vallix wrote: I dont know if you know this but here is maybe an helpful page. http://www.autobahnatlas-online.de/
No I personally didn't know this before... thanks! :D But I see that the A14 from Magdeburg - Leipzig is also missing there.
Developer of the
Autobahn Rebuilding Project Image

Current developments:
  • Secret :P

Shiva

03 Jan 2016 15:48

Ranchester wrote:
Nico wrote:
Actually the Scandinavia DLC added SCS Rostock harbor was pretty close to IRL, much better than the old ProMods version.
Nico wrote:Yup that is true. We are discussing it atm. I think we will probably add the Rostock harbour in the place of the crappy old one and rebuild it a bit.
Yeah, the Harbor! It looks real good, tbh.
The road looks ok too, except the mountains? that does not exist.?

I trust you have the skills to implement the harbour.
+ maybe even fith roads 103, 105, 19 to it too?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information