Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MG Mike
Donation rank:

25 Jan 2019 22:12

I agree highly with shiva. At least if complete rebuilt of Hamburg is not possible do to time issues, maybe built a small north of Hamburg with Othmarschen.. Place the garage there again. I love it to have to drive through the tunnel to get to the Harbour or the other companies..

And the idea with the B431 and ferry Glückstadt Wischhafen sounds good too.

Another idea for the future, Promods had the B71 from Uelzen to Soltau. It could be built further up to Bremerhaven. It crosses the B74 to Stade and the B495 turns from it to Wischhafen and crosses the B73 which leads from Hamburg to Cuxhaven.

And B71 at Bremerhaven could lead further as B 437 with the Weser tunnel and then up to Oldenburg or Varel to Emden (Ostfriesland)
I know that is not that realistic but could be a compromise due to the small map size at the north of lower Saxony.
That are only suggestions but would give a little more to north germany. And thinking what promods managed to build at the small area at Koblenz and Bonn, i think there must somethings be possible at the Elbe Weser triangle..

Anyway I am looking forward to 2.35 and I am interested what will it be.. But I am very hoping that you keep cities like Berlin, München, Frankfurt am Main..
Promods did so great cities over Europe, would be a shame if the german cities at Promods would go back to SCS standard...

I guess 2.35 would probably be released after the update to 1.34.

I mean it was written that the 1.34 version of ETS2 should contain the rebuild southern Germany by SCS. But for this there are absolutely no Informations or Screenshots like before to north germany? Or did I missed something?
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Shiva

26 Jan 2019 01:29

Space seems tight, future will tell how Hamburg will evolve.

Alternative route to Wischhafen. If ProMods makes the container terminal driveable.
SCS Hamburg does not have space for that road, atleast what I can see.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

MG Mike
Donation rank:

26 Jan 2019 10:54

Hm.. If the Roadmap from the first post of this threat is still actual, the team would built the B73 from Hamburg to Cuxhaven where the A27 already leads to but it is still closed..

If that would be actual, I think there would not be space for this alternative route.
But these route could be interesting cause it is leading next to the Airbus company where passenger jets are produced. And I think a shipyard is there as well..

But I would prefer the B73 that is leading to Hamburg Harburg) southern Hamburg, with connection to A7
If you were using the actual "old" promods Hamburg there were possibility to connect B73 to the roads abt the BASF plant.

But since promods Hamburg is canceled for now we have to wait what will come there and if the Elbe WESER area is still part of the plans for Promods.

I mean they wrote not all from Promods germany will be back again.

ScuL
Founder

28 Jan 2019 01:42

Judging by the look of the map editor it would be very very difficult to add any roads in the container area (also accessing this area is a problem).
It's possible to rebuild or connect something in the HH-Othmarschen exit, but the space between there and Cuxhaven is very limited to also add a ferry crossing
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MG Mike
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2019 09:03

Ah let me guess, if I drive to the end of the container terminal I reach almost Cuxhaven, or something like this..
Yeah at this point we can see how small this 1:19 scale is.. Driving from Hamburg to Berlin or Hannover takes some time but since I am not some one who is all the day on the road and not for such tours, I have no idea how fast or how far it is in real life to get there or how fast it is in the game. I don't stop the time for it..
Only Area where I really know is from Fehmarn to Hamburg, that took over 2 almost 3 hours
And at the game it takes 5 minutes or so..

Almost the same between Hamburg and Bremen. At the vanilla map it is very short cause there is only the A1 to use. At promods there was more to drive A7, Maschener Kreuz, A1, Bremer Kreuz, A27 and then finally Bremen. It is more and longer to drive, but only because of the additional Autobahn to use, but it feels farer away.

But on the other hand Bremen and Bremerhaven is very close too. IRL it takes a good hour to get there. I know cause my son was last year in hospital in Bremen and I had to take several country roads and get on A27 at Bremerhaven.

Similar is Bremerhaven Cuxhaven, that is a half or 45 minutes IRL..
I took the flycam and moved over the Barriers further to Cuxhaven where this roundabout is already there as well as a part of B73 which leads to a crossing at nowhere.. I guess it would be already Stade or so...

At this examples you can see how small this 1:19 scale really is.. But I think a few thinks should be possible.. I don't know xactly but some things are hidden by cut planes. For example at the Swedish islands. At Gotland there is at the northern peek a small additional isle, reachable by ferry, there are two ferries directly nearby cause it is damned close. But the developer has there cut planes so you can't see the other one but it is directly next to it.
Maybe with such kind of "trick" it is possible to bring something in the areas of the Elbe Weser triangle?

But surely you are the profi and knows better what is possible and what not..

How do you know anyway at the editor how many kilometers of road you have built.. Is there some kind of reference where you can see how long your road is or what cities you will reach?

I imagine you are building the B73 for example from Cuxhaven to Hamburg, adding here this details, adding there that szenery and then thinking some kind of "now comes the City" Stade" then you are starting to build the houses there and suddenly you realize that Hamburg is right next or right in front of you.. How do see how far you already are and how much space you have to decide what cities or villages should be possible to built without getting too close to the next bigger city?

I saw some mapping videos on YouTube but this question was not answered in the videos.

I wish you furthermore a good hand and success for building the new promods germany.
Kindly regards
MG Mike

Shiva

28 Jan 2019 09:33

Scul, possible have the Brunsbüttel - Cuxhaven ferry route?
If Cuxhaven gets ingame? + yeah, space is an issue. Maybe that way less space needed?
I don't know if the ferry route has any new ferry or not, since the old company seems to have gone bankruptcy.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

ScuL
Founder

28 Jan 2019 11:20

Shiva wrote:
28 Jan 2019 09:33
Scul, possible have the Brunsbüttel - Cuxhaven ferry route?
Yes that might be possible
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Teppey71

28 Jan 2019 15:04

In the first post a new map update picture would be nice ;-)
The last one is from 25.07.2017.
Maybe after the next update with 2.35?

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2019 16:27

I hope the last part of A9 will rebuilt soon.
And (if theres space) the Rasthof Frankenwald would be also very nice.
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

MG Mike
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2019 16:56

It is planed to restart the Ferry Cuxhaven Brunsbüttel.. Therefore there is a new company founded named "Elbeferry"
Actually they are searching for ferry ships that are suitable for this connection.
And a few local politicians would support this.

Maybe at April they could eventually restart it.

So the Cuxhaven Brunsbüttel ferry could be a real option for promods if cuxhaven is still planned to be there. I personally would like it. Cuxhaven has very new now the company Siemens at its harbour. They are building there wind turbines for offshore use. That could be a delivering place.. And as far as I know it is planed to built a Autohof there.

IRL we will see how long this new Elbeferry will last.
We had two times there a ferry both times the costs were too high and too less Cars or Trucks used this connection..
If you ask why, from Cuxhaven to Brunsbüttel by Ship it is a long ride, almost 75 minutes.. As far as I know.. And at Brunsbüttel you have to take many Country roads or Bundesstraße before you reach the next Autobahn. And the ticket prizes were high too.

The other Elbe Ferry Wischhafen to Glückstadt has a shorter way to the next Autobahn (A23) and the ride over the Elbe is shorter too cause the ferry ports are directly on the other side. A ride there takes approx 30 minutes. Depends on weather and tide.
So you can drive a bit longer at B73 to Wischhafen and have a shorter and cheaper ferry ride as with the Cuxhaven Brunsbüttel line.
And for that reason I think this new try will have the same problems after a while..

But for Promods you can make this ferry...that are no issues that were important for ETS2 or promods..
But i would appreciate such things like a few more Bundesstraßen or country roads that are also good made like the Autobahns. For example the before mentioned B71 up to Bremerhaven. With a few szenery villages like you did with Neuhaus.

Or don't let the Autobahn 31 lead into the Netherlands. It leads to Oberhausen and make an exit to the Dutch border..

That are only suggestions for further improvements.

By the way it is cool that some others are posting here too. I already thought I am one of only a few or the only one who cares about what the new germany will be..
Greetings
MG Mike
Last edited by MG Mike on 29 Jan 2019 08:16, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information