Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
TimmyTurner95

30 Jun 2018 16:00

But @MandelSoft you had created lots of custom prefabs for promods. Why didn't you just port them over to SCS, or were you
not allowed to do so ?

And why are the roads going up and down? You could have get rid of the height differences like in promods that wuold have been possible.
And this was a work you needed several months for, with 2 other people after 2 months ? This isyour job. There mappers who could have done better .
And they do this in their free time.

One can see that most of the work in PM Germany was done by others, like FH-Fahrer and Nico and so on, and not by you . They would have done that better for sure.

P.S. what will SCS do in GB, then they have to create new prefabs ?
EURoadNet-Developer

Claus62

30 Jun 2018 17:30

Tim:

There is a hell of a lot of difference between modding for fun and doing something that other people pay for. If I download ProMods (or any other mod) and something doesn't work I'll say "shugs", maybe write a bug report if I'm otherwise convinced of the mod or bugger on. If payed for content behaves like that I get angry (because I paid good money) - so SCS has to make sure that everything works.
In other words it is much more important to Mandelsoft and the others that the release is bug-free - and if I can only choose between a bug-free release where two autobahns are stacked the wrong way (which shouldn't have happened but we all are human beings and make mistakes - more mistakes under pressure) and a correct image of RL without the proper tests then I go for the bug-free version and to hell with realism.
Probably the same with the hilly terrain - depending on the geometry that can have ripple effects hundreds of km away (I once modded landscapes for train-sim) so for a rather low-priority project (as it will not immediately create revenue) you have to choose what you do and what you don't.

Noah_Lukas

30 Jun 2018 19:03

I'm not sure if you have read Mandelsoft's previous posts. He has to recreate more or less ALL of the northern part (probably/hopefully southern part too) of Germany (remember the hills in the north ... lol or have a look on Hamburg). Furthermore he probably has to work on the BBS DLC as well so this is not the only job he has to do: "You ask two or three people to map like half a map DLC we usually take over a year to complete with a dozen people in just five months [...]".
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Shiva

30 Jun 2018 20:19

MandelSoft wrote:
29 Jun 2018 22:33
That the decks are the wrong way around on the BAB19 and BAB20 is my mistake (I was sure I've checked that when I was placing the interchange), but changing it would mean I have to rip up quite a large part of the landscape, which basically means days of work to be redone again. And I ain't got time for that right now.
Mandelsoft, I'll put this on the:
Avoiding copyright issues. :)

From me, you and your co workers get thumbs up!
TimG95 wrote:
29 Jun 2018 22:04
- only driveable part of Hamburg is theold industrial area near the harbour which has not really been rebuilt and only received cosmetics,
why is exit Othmarschen and city center closed ?
City center closed? Good!

Only thing I slightly miss, is a driveable Köhlbrandbrücke. But who knows, maybe someday?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

SturmZebra
Donation rank:

01 Jul 2018 18:05

I'm very grateful for sth. free, in fact, I think we all are, but it seems like it doesn't match most peoples criteria or demands.... most people want ProMods Northern Germany to stay and I can agree...

For completely free (no DLCs needed), it's very good but compared to Promods... it's not that good... you've simply done a too good job as the ProMods team
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

Kamil 22

01 Jul 2018 18:14

Hi

I have question about the future of this project. After SCS rebulid all Germany ( maybe 1.35, but is not important) this project will be freeze or you will rebulid the new SCS Germany.

Thanks for all your work is amazing!

Best regards,

Kamil 22

Nathan_A_RF
Donation rank:

01 Jul 2018 20:40

When parts of the new upgraded Germany are released, we will replace, cut or rebuild our areas which we see fit. Our ARP won't be completely binned.
Grab the insecticide, I'm clearing bugs ~ Nathan_A_RF - Moderator, Beta Tester & Bug Fixer
Florence + The Machine / Fox Stevenson

TimmyTurner95

02 Jul 2018 18:32

At your place I would just update the vegetation and some road textures and replace some models.
I mean PM Hamburg is still more realistic than SCS Hamburg only the area around Köhlbrandbrücke and Elbtunnel is better.

And all the prfabs and roads in PM are already country specific, so no need to replace them.
The road markings on country roads that SCS made are not realistic, in PM they are. Only highways were made correct by SCS.
And some roads like B 71 and Uelzen had already been updated. I would just continue.

SCS Germany is for those who mostly play default map .

And the newest parts of promods are so good that they don't need updates. Nico and FH-Fahrer made a very great job.
EURoadNet-Developer

brainiac
Donation rank:

02 Jul 2018 18:35

Agree!
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Kamil 22

02 Jul 2018 21:24

Agree too!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information