Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
brainiac
Donation rank:

06 Aug 2018 02:06

" It'll be done the same as every DLC. First DLC, then the rebuild ProMods stuff back into the DLC area.
SCS stuff which is better the ProMods, will stay, otherwise it won't."
This tells everything. We will lose most of ARP, then there will not anyone to merge 2 Germanies. After some time, ARP won't be able to be returned because of several new patches. Same as France.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

bmwGTR

06 Aug 2018 07:28

Hi,

you have to consider that SCS will not release whole germany in 1.32 - in 1.32 we will have the rebuilded north germany by SCS.
I think that in 1.32 we will have SCS rebuilded germany in the north and ARP in the middle and the south.

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

Devilagent
Donation rank:

06 Aug 2018 08:04

That would be the worst scenario possible! I genuine hope you will not do that! :cry: I thought Promods was aiming to make the map as realistic as possible, right like you did with the ARP. Why would you change that to something generic like SCS retouch? I'm really lost here.
I guess that would be my last promods update for me as well, RIP ETS2

brainiac
Donation rank:

06 Aug 2018 08:13

Bmv: Yes, I know, but MandelSoft will rebuild whole Germany after few updates.

Devilagent: I hope that Promods team will realize that replacing ARP is bad idea.

Promods team, I suggest referendum about this controversal topic.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

ETS2-User
Developer

06 Aug 2018 08:38

I suggest waiting until we actually know what we're talking about. Getting so excited now is just pointless.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

06 Aug 2018 09:46

We will decide what we will do exactly once the entire team has access to the rebuilt parts of Germany.

We are not going to do a referendum about this. This decision requires expert judgement and planning for man-power allocation
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

TimmyTurner95

06 Aug 2018 19:53

But despite new SCS Germany is better you should make improvements, e.g extending A 20 to Szczecin or rebuild Hamburg partially because its not on spot.
Also the signage is not always realistic, the signs only say cities which are in game.
EURoadNet-Developer

MG Mike
Donation rank:

06 Aug 2018 20:44

@mandelsoft

I have a question.

You are responsible for the germany rebuilding.. You and a few others if I got that right..
Do you have with this little team free hands on it and can add new cities or something else, or have you strict orders what has to be in this new map and what should the landscape has to be and so on?

Maybe you can say something if the new map will really that different to the promods version or if promods has the chance to make it like it was only with the better quality prefabs and textures and so on.. And in combination with the new "standart germany" the new promods will be the coolest mod map ever...
Or what is planed so far??

Anyway I am looking forward to the new rebuild. And hoping that you and Promods will do this great job that you did before once again for us..

ETS 2 is a great game and with promods and the other maps like Russmap, sr and so on it's going better and better..
I never thought that a game like this makes me that interested.. I play ETS2 for almost one year. Before I was a hardcore player in Rollercoaster tycoon 3 and Omsi2. I had ETS 2 in summer last year in my hands at a big electronics store in Hamburg. Then did not buy it. Thout if this is not my thing, the money is lost, so no.. But later in steam summer sale I bought it after I had seen some YouTube videos with promods and then I thought that must be interesting.. And now??

Since I got all DLCs and installed my first promods (1.18) I never played some other games :) I never thought that a truck simulator could that interesting for me.
So I have to give a big thank you to SCS and to the promods team and wish you much success and a good hand for the new map!!
Kindly regards from north Germany
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

BrunoAlexLUX

08 Aug 2018 19:07

Do the electronic tolls in Germany work for 2.30?

CptCaribbean

08 Aug 2018 19:29

We have already talked about this... There isn't anything new in Germany for 2.30 due to SCS's rebuild.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information