Germany Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Noah_Lukas

31 May 2018 22:51

Trust me you're not the only one. ;)
Lyriax wrote:
31 May 2018 22:38
especially many building companies because of S21
Besides of that I think Stuttgart Int. Airport would give a wonderful skyline (or place to drive to maybe).
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Topolino

01 Jun 2018 08:38

MG Mike wrote:
31 May 2018 22:49
Hmm.. If I play ets2 and I am in the profile menu there is the scs news flash in the lower left side. Actually there is a picture of Hamburg and the Köhlbrandbrücke. And there stands "Re visiting Germany"
May this be already a Pic of a new Hamburg by SCS or is it simply a screenshot from promods. Maybe as an example for the upcoming new stuff?
This is Hamburg by ProMods:
(Screenshot by me)

And this is the upcomming Hamburg by SCS:
(The picture in full size can be found on ETS2 Facebook page. ;))
Former beta tester (June 2018 to March 2019)
v1.0: EuRoadNet

Lyriax

01 Jun 2018 09:24

Noah_Lukas wrote:
31 May 2018 22:51
Trust me you're not the only one. ;)
Lyriax wrote:
31 May 2018 22:38
especially many building companies because of S21
Besides of that I think Stuttgart Int. Airport would give a wonderful skyline (or place to drive to maybe).
I would really think that Stuttgart would be a much cooler city, because if the interesting geographical location, but also with the many specialized companies, like Bosch or the car companies like Porsche or Mercedes. Also Stuttgart 21 or the Filderebene with the Airport would be also cool. (Everything missing in the scs edition)
I would work on Stuttgart, but sadly my mapping skills aren’t that high and I also don’t have much time... :(
Stuttgart, Germany. Promodder since 1.91 :lol: ;)

Steam:

MG Mike
Donation rank:

01 Jun 2018 11:55

At Topolino

Thanks for the Screenshots. I don't have Facebook so I had only that little Pic in the game.

Now I see it's all new. So the work on Germany must have began long before the news become public.

This Screenshot looks Exactly like your Promods shot,, only better graphics, better textures, the bridge has more beautyful pylons. Than I am hoping that the new SCS Hamburg would match the Promods Hamburg and not only the bridge for decoration..

I am not from Hamburg but I am from north germany and in the game my companie's homebase is in Hamburg. It's fun to drive there. I hope scs makes a good mix of Port area and city area like Promods did.

And further: (don't know if SCS people reading this) scs please make north germany flat as in promods.. In north germany we say "wir leben auf dem platten Land" (we 'Re living on flat lands)
The first mountains we are seeing if we drive from Hamburg to south on A7 are the Harz mountains after Hannover. Please make it so.. The other big Map mod team called TSM had a little drive able Harz with two little cities which they built very beautiful and second the roads there are a challenge. Very tight turns make it not easy to drive there. That is fun to drive there too.

I am really excited what will await us with ets 1.32 and if this new Hamburg would part of it or if it takes a little more time..
Anyway the next update 2.32 would bring the promods team to make an update too. Maybe shortly after 2.30 must come 2.31 or so.. We will see.

Untill that, I wish you all good driving! And the developer both Promods and SCS good luck and much success at your work!!

Kindly regards from north germany
MG Mike
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

brainiac
Donation rank:

01 Jun 2018 12:40

2 pictures:
Ofcourse, Promods is better.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

CAPLV
Donation rank:

01 Jun 2018 12:58

no.. scs rebuild is better.. Promods staff already said that North Germany is some kinda a little outdated.. so.. a little less job for Promods team on Germany. They can move development to another country/region.
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Topolino

01 Jun 2018 14:42

MG Mike wrote:
01 Jun 2018 11:55
Thanks for the Screenshots. I don't have Facebook so I had only that little Pic in the game.
You mustn't be registered at Facebook to see the picture. ;)
MG Mike wrote:Now I see it's all new. So the work on Germany must have began long before the news become public.
(...)
And further: (don't know if SCS people reading this) scs please make north germany flat as in promods.. In north germany we say "wir leben auf dem platten Land" (we 'Re living on flat lands)
MandelSoft already wrote something to this points:
Ad 1)
MandelSoft wrote:I've been working on this project since February and only since April I'm not the only mapper working on this project (thankfully! I was getting a bit stressed carrying this whole project alone)
Ad 2)
MandelSoft wrote:The landscape in Northern Germany will be flatter (no more "mountains" near Rostock, yay!) and generally a variation of farmland and forests.
MG Mike wrote:This Screenshot looks Exactly like your Promods shot,, only better graphics, better textures,
But that's only because of my low graphic settings. On my weak computer I disabled shadows and set scaling to 75 or 100%

But one pretty bad thing on the ProMods screenshot is the road on the left which simply ends suddenly into a flat texture...
Former beta tester (June 2018 to March 2019)
v1.0: EuRoadNet

MordekaiZeyo

02 Jun 2018 10:47

I can make a Screenshot at 3840x2160 with everything maxed out (including grass) if you want. :) My PC is powerful enough.

SturmZebra
Donation rank:

02 Jun 2018 12:03

When the A30 near Bad Oeynhausen is finished, will you include it? Or will you just rename the streets and put an exit to your existing route?
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

CptCaribbean

02 Jun 2018 12:06

No development is being done in Germany due to SCS' rework.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information