Development on version 2.x (Project Euromir)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
martinusK

26 May 2016 19:37

Looks exactly like i hoped it would! :)
I also like that there are actual realistic sidewalks - i've never liked those 10m wide sidewalks EVERYWHERE.
(referring to first picture)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

I need Latvia mod

31 May 2016 19:06

If you haven't seen this video by Vladzz-G which shows Rezekne then watch it here:
https://youtu.be/d3_ahSDO9_Q

Rigelmeister

01 Jun 2016 05:00

Nowadays, my love for Baltic States have exponentially risen for no obvious reason, at least none I can consciously comprehend. Maybe ProMods has something to do with this. It has always been a big pleasure and relaxation to drive through Baltics. Looking forward to seeing more of these shots, great work.

SturmZebra
Donation rank:

01 Jun 2016 17:46

Rigelmeister wrote:Nowadays, my love for Baltic States have exponentially risen for no obvious reason, at least none I can consciously comprehend. Maybe ProMods has something to do with this. It has always been a big pleasure and relaxation to drive through Baltics. Looking forward to seeing more of these shots, great work.
I've also have much more interset to travel there, then I had before I visited Riga or generally the baltics, but I'm very interested to travel to Talinn or Riga... or Lithuania(a bit) sry, Lithuania ;)
Favourite games: Rainbow Six: Siege, ETS2, Terraria

stancew

01 Jun 2016 19:36

For Vlad, I have a slight suggestion.
As I've seen, you've created Estonia's island of Hiiumaa. On the map, I saw Kärdla and Kõpu. Just to make clear, there is no such city as Kõpu. It's peninsula.
Instead, Käina would be more suitable as a city for this project. It's located on the southern side of Hiiumaa. It's small, but some houses, a petrol station and one company would be more than enough.

Otherwise, stunning job on all Baltic State countries you are making!
Lionhost Deliveries.
Headquarter: Tallinn, also a garage in Tartu
Currently working: Volvo FH16 750

Vladzz-G
Developer

01 Jun 2016 23:44

I know, that Kõpu is the peninsula, but there also exist village with the same name, which I have already represented. + my goal was to cover as many roads in Estonian islands, as it's possible and useful. So, 1 city + independent village per island is optimal addition.
Käina, unfortunately, is too close to Kärdla and I didn't saw a point for representing it.
Emmaste, Aste, Leisi are in game as well, but as scenery towns.

Also, discussion of the density of Estonian islands was initialized by several users during beta-testing and different opinions I was heard and, unfortunately, not all seems satisfied with this addition - the frequent opinion was "It's overcrowded", which already makes me feels dissapointed. :(
So far, I don't want to rebuild and add anything in Estonian islands, it already was made quite good and I would like to keep it, as it is now.

Sincerely,
Vladzz-G.
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

M4rkus

02 Jun 2016 10:33

If they feel it's overcrowded it could be an idea not include the towns in map view and not to assign garages to them. Also, the companies could be left where they are and assigned to the nearest bigger town nearby (or the island "capital"). Thing is, it might look a bit strange on the map if a sparsely populated area looks like an agglomeration. But if you find these towns by driving through they're probably a nice surprise! So don't be disappointed ...!

ETS2-User
Developer

02 Jun 2016 11:16

This is what the Poland Rebuilding team does, too. I don't really like that though since the map is supposed to represent a road atlas and a satnav, on which small towns also appear irl. That's also the reason why I assigned the new Hofer and eAcres to the small town Grödig instead of Salzburg. If we define these estonian cities as small towns in the defs I'm sure it will have much less the feeling of being overcrowded. See Iceland's towns on the world map as an example.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Vladzz-G
Developer

02 Jun 2016 12:12

I have already set definitions for western Estonian tows:
Haapsalu, Kuressaare - medium
Kärdla - small
Sääre, Kõpu - tiny (these are villages)
Don't want to hide any of these towns in UI map in order to enhance realistic and better navigation by signs.
Garages are have in Haapsalu, Kuressaare, Kärdla. (1 garage in Hiiumaa, 1 in Saaremaa)
Personally, I think, it's OK. No changes required.

I have already all optimized! Still can't understand, why so many people are still unsatisfied even before the release?
One suggests: build these and these towns, where space really doesn't allows.
Another asks: Why so many towns?
I can't understand, what you are really want from us! I'm feeling upset. Wanted to bring to you more and better and you're still unsatisfied. :/

If you don't want any new towns, then next Estonia expansion phase 2 with planned cities Rakvere and Viljandi will canceled at all!

P.S. I'm sorry in advance for rage.
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

M4rkus

02 Jun 2016 12:45

I have neither critizised your work nor have I expressed discontent. And yes, the way you proposed it, it sounds sensible. So no rage needed, really (yet I do understand it).

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information