Ukraine Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
tkk7406
Add-on Developer

26 Mar 2015 21:52

Michael Rosen wrote:
maximnz19596 wrote:That would be really great to build Ukraine! Has the work started yet?
Read first page :roll:
Kovel is finished now
There's no need to repeat said things:
stummer wrote:
maximnz19596 wrote:Has the work started yet?
Simply look at page 1 of this topic ;)
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

boykofiat

26 Mar 2015 22:21

LA-MJ wrote:
Czech wrote:LA-MJ, Talk about a friend, but judging by your logic, then let them be Dachau, Auschwitz, the Maginot Line and the Mannerheim Line in Finland, it's also the story ...
I'm obviously not your friend (nor I claimed to be) because I don't know you. I think you might have a problem if you are taking this personally.

Answer these technical questions first:
Do they have a sufficient size (remember 1:19)?
Are there any cities/companies there?
Do major roads lead there?
Has the map development reached them?

If yes, then I don't see why not. It's all about representing reality.
I think that the distinguished Cech unpleasant that people think only what Chernobl connect Ukraine .

Czech

26 Mar 2015 22:43

LA-MJ wrote: I'm obviously not your friend (nor I claimed to be) because I don't know you. I think you might have a problem if you are taking this personally.

Answer these technical questions first:
Do they have a sufficient size (remember 1:19)?
Are there any cities/companies there?
Do major roads lead there?
Has the map development reached them?

If yes, then I don't see why not. It's all about representing reality.
Absolutely no problems, and I personally do not perceive, and to offend anyone do not pursue the goal here, I just kept reasoning in your suggestion ... A perspective on issues ... Well, I would suggest to you and answer them only on Chernobyl, and you will understand everything ...
PS And I'm not in any case do not impose their opinions, I simply voicing ...

daelf

27 Mar 2015 00:26

Czech wrote:daelf, totally agree with you, I wanted to say, that should not judge a country by existing stereotypes! ;)
Indeed, and I think that the beautifully mapped Promods areas help to correct the way people imagine certain places :)
Purno wrote: So, this horrible disaster should simply be forgotten just because we don't enjoy being reminded about it?

There's nothing inaccurate about Chernobyl. It really happened.
Of course it shouldn't be forgotten, I just personally don't think that the place to remember it is here.

.. Though I take your point that perhaps not being reminded of it in-game could encourage complacency and an unwillingness to learn from previous disastrous mistakes. (Or maybe I'm reading too much in to what you said and you didn't mean that).

Regarding the inaccurate stereotypes, I meant in terms of, as you mentioned in your post, many people only thinking of bad things when they think of Ukraine. Perhaps this would reinforce that; humans have a tendency to always focus on the negative even if there are many more positives to be seen.

Anyway, I'm sure that if you do put Chernobyl in, you'll do it as tastefully as possible and after a lot of thought.

Vøytek
Developer

27 Mar 2015 03:22

That's an important disaster not only for Ukrainian people but also whole Europe (or at least most of Europe). All workers and their families who had good life in Pripyat (4km from power plant) had to leave FOREVER. Can you imagine it?
Also, many heroes died there, so the situation didn't get even worse. It is very important to remember about this people and to make just a small place in-game to let others know. History is history. It happened and we can't change it but we shouldn't forget about it.
There are still some workers that watch over the power plant so nothing bad happens again. If you are interested, read about it guys. I find it interesting personally.

So, in summary, if somebody wants to visit Zone - play Stalker :)
As I saw this discussion, I just wanted to make some suggestion about deliveries, beacuse there is no other place in this area for trucks. I didn't say it must be there :)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Starfruit 017

27 Mar 2015 09:14

I think Chernobyl should be included, It would add to realism. But should not be driven through.
Join my forum : My Forum!

View my Projects: My Map Work

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

27 Mar 2015 09:20

Indeed, it could be the same as Mont Saint-Michel in France is.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

27 Mar 2015 11:03

There is one problem with including it on the map: it's far (maybe too far) from the main roads...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Enola
Location: Европа, Россия, Центральный Федеральный округ, г.Москва

27 Mar 2015 11:42

Not all russians are soviets. Glory to white army!

BTW. Can we expect for landmarks such as Saint-Sophia Cathedral in Kyiv?
Россия это Европа!

martinusK

27 Mar 2015 13:45

Enola wrote:Not all russians are soviets
....and drunks/warmonglers/***holes and so on.
Enola wrote:Glory to white army
They actually helped Estonians fight the Red Army in Estonian War of Independence (1918-1920) :)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information