Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2016 14:36

Sufyanzeroual wrote:
HighFlyerPL185 wrote:
PirriAND wrote:<snip>
Don't build them then. Hardly truck territories anyway.
Does this mean a part of Morocco would be build? Melilla lies next to Nador and Ceuta near Tanger and Tetouan.
Can we first get South into Spain? We've just started work on Spain. Give us a break about Morocco ;) It may be build in the future. And if we build it, it will be ready when it's ready :)
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2016 15:57

Sufyanzeroual wrote: Does this mean a part of Morocco would be build? Melilla lies next to Nador and Ceuta near Tanger and Tetouan.
It's a Euro Truck Simulator. Don't turn this into TSM.

gmtavares

09 Nov 2016 18:15

Hi guys!

I just love Promods... And thinking that my country may be one to follow suit, I mean... It is awsome! :D

Since I love your work, and I have visited most of my country, and a good portion of Europe, I just thought of making a Concept map for you guys, including:
19 motorways (2/3 lanes);
5 highways (1/2 lanes);
10 national routes (4 of which can qualify as "country roads");
12 Functional Cities (2 of which are metropolitan Areas - Lisbon and Oporto)
9 Scenary towns
10 border crossings
5 ports (none is for ferries; They are all to get loads|ship loads to)

Here it is:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N6aT6 ... sp=sharing

Thanks for taking your time to see it. If you do go for it, and use this map, I think you will have plenty of rewarding work!!! :D :D
Hope you guys enjoy this concept map. Speak your minds :)
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

Robinho

09 Nov 2016 18:17

Since the forum about the part of France is closed, I couldn't ask a question, so this is why I'm asking it here. Are you planning to rebuild Lille and the highways between Brussels-Lille-Paris and Lille-Reims? And will you also rebuild Calais and the highways: Calais-Paris,Calais-Lille,Calais-Jabbeke? I hope so because I really like to see the more realistic parts rather than Vanilla parts.

martinusK

09 Nov 2016 18:49

gmtavares wrote:Hi guys!

I just love Promods... And thinking that my country may be one to follow suit, I mean... It is awsome! :D

Since I love your work, and I have visited most of my country, and a good portion of Europe, I just thought of making a Concept map for you guys, including:
<and more stuff>
ProMods usually doesn't take requests or concept maps, as far as my experience has shown. Development plans will change throughout the project as well, when new problems/ideas should arise.
One way to contribute is maybe take up mapping and try it yourself ;)
Robinho wrote:Since the forum about the part of France is closed, I couldn't ask a question, so this is why I'm asking it here. Are you planning to rebuild Lille and the highways between Brussels-Lille-Paris and Lille-Reims? And will you also rebuild Calais and the highways: Calais-Paris,Calais-Lille,Calais-Jabbeke? I hope so because I really like to see the more realistic parts rather than Vanilla parts.
It's closed for a reason...the French DLC (which rebuilds all of the roads you mentioned) is coming up in most likely the next 6 months atleast, therefore development in France has grinded to a halt. ;)

backseat moderating again are we
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

gmtavares

09 Nov 2016 19:07

Hi!
I am aware of how Promods has been developing their maps :D
But a concept map is always interesting, as they get another personal view from a local? Seen that this is a small nation, it ends up being like that :?:

I have been developing some private maps, but I keep getting problems with the map only being editable 2/3 times... After that the roads keep vanishing from the editor :P Leaving only lines behind.

Of course I'd love to help Promods with some models if they were to need portuguese ones. But I haven't really unpacked promods lately to verify if they have, or not, portuguese signs.
Seeing their work with the spanish ones, they will certainly do good portuguese counterparts! :D

That being said, if they wish to pick up on part of my concept map, it had the main roads in Portugal.
And Portugal would not be Portugal without its side-to-side both payed highways. Which make no sence! Present 3x in our territory. :lol:
Though A1, A2, A3, A4, A8, A17, A22 A24, A25, IP2 and IP3 would be the most important routes. Connecting Portugal's most important cities and coast to Spain.
And even if they don't pick this up, they are most likely bound to do, AT LEAST A1, A2, A3, A4, A24, A25, IP2 and IP3.
And the ports are just an interesting angle on it! Being able to collect a lot of goods and ship a lot of goods.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin

🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

PirriAND

09 Nov 2016 21:29

gmtavares wrote:Hi!
I am aware of how Promods has been developing their maps :D
But a concept map is always interesting, as they get another personal view from a local? Seen that this is a small nation, it ends up being like that :?:

I have been developing some private maps, but I keep getting problems with the map only being editable 2/3 times... After that the roads keep vanishing from the editor :P Leaving only lines behind.

Of course I'd love to help Promods with some models if they were to need portuguese ones. But I haven't really unpacked promods lately to verify if they have, or not, portuguese signs.
Seeing their work with the spanish ones, they will certainly do good portuguese counterparts! :D

That being said, if they wish to pick up on part of my concept map, it had the main roads in Portugal.
And Portugal would not be Portugal without its side-to-side both payed highways. Which make no sence! Present 3x in our territory. :lol:
Though A1, A2, A3, A4, A8, A17, A22 A24, A25, IP2 and IP3 would be the most important routes. Connecting Portugal's most important cities and coast to Spain.
And even if they don't pick this up, they are most likely bound to do, AT LEAST A1, A2, A3, A4, A24, A25, IP2 and IP3.
And the ports are just an interesting angle on it! Being able to collect a lot of goods and ship a lot of goods.
There are a lot of small secondary roads that go through Portugal and Spain that are just very cool to drive through.

brainiac
Donation rank:

09 Nov 2016 21:42

Martinus Kundla wrote:
Robinho wrote:Since the forum about the part of France is closed, I couldn't ask a question, so this is why I'm asking it here. Are you planning to rebuild Lille and the highways between Brussels-Lille-Paris and Lille-Reims? And will you also rebuild Calais and the highways: Calais-Paris,Calais-Lille,Calais-Jabbeke? I hope so because I really like to see the more realistic parts rather than Vanilla parts.
It's closed for a reason...the French DLC (which rebuilds all of the roads you mentioned) is coming up in most likely the next 6 months atleast, therefore development in France has grinded to a halt. ;)
I read somewhere on SCS blog that there is about 1 month left.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

gmtavares

09 Nov 2016 21:47

PirriAND wrote: There are a lot of small secondary roads that go through Portugal and Spain that are just very cool to drive through.
I know! I have travelled through a few. That is why I included some of those "country roads" there.

But for you, my andorran friend, nothing like the CG-1 and CG-2 right? :P
I go to Andorra every year... And the access keeps becoming better! That bridge+ tunnel from La massana to Encamp and to Andorra-La-Vella. Priceless. :P

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin

🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

PirriAND

10 Nov 2016 18:03

gmtavares wrote:
PirriAND wrote: There are a lot of small secondary roads that go through Portugal and Spain that are just very cool to drive through.
I know! I have travelled through a few. That is why I included some of those "country roads" there.

But for you, my andorran friend, nothing like the CG-1 and CG-2 right? :P
I go to Andorra every year... And the access keeps becoming better! That bridge+ tunnel from La massana to Encamp and to Andorra-La-Vella. Priceless. :P
There is a huge community of Portuguese people in Andorra. Do you have family members that work here? And yes, the CG-1 and CG-2 are nice roads. The bridge is nice. I mean, it diverts traffic especially in winter season when people go back to their hotels/houses after a day skiing in Vallnord. And if i go to Pas de la Casa or France i never drive on Tunel d'Envalira since the curvy road that takes you to Pas de la Casa is nicer. And especially at night when there is NO police around and the road is a bit Icy... 8-)
Until you end up like this guy: http://www.andorradifusio.ad/Noticies/u ... -denvalira

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information