Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
EdgeGladiator

18 Nov 2018 19:48

Nice work Ivan :D
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

MrPidf

18 Nov 2018 20:46

Can't wait to drive there

CptCaribbean

18 Nov 2018 20:57

IvanGF14 wrote:
18 Nov 2018 19:20
Today i built the A-5 interchange, so i started building this highway. What does this mean? You can guess it
2 options:
· Madrid is finished or about to do so.
· Road to Portugal! :D
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

IvanGF14
Developer

18 Nov 2018 23:15

Finished? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's waaaaaay far from finished :P

brainiac
Donation rank:

18 Nov 2018 23:36

You still have 7-8 months to finish for next release.
Don't miss only stack interchange in Spain.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

realdeal350
Developer

19 Nov 2018 05:49

Hello NewCoolMapper,

If you are reading this, I want you to know that Portugal is not as far away as you think, but it is not close enough to start making new signs and assets. Those will be made when the time comes, and we will do them as accurately as we can like we have with all other countries. And for the record, please stop talking like signs are the most important thing in the world... Landscaping is just as important and if not more important, since that's what captures the true feeling of being in that country's atmosphere and environment.

In addition, please stop basing your knowledge of what we will do in Portugal on this which are 2 or more years old. That's just unrealistic. When we reach Portugal we will start from scratch.

Also, the reasons why we have not reached Portugal are:
- Spain is a huge country to cross, and when we started developing Spain, it was separate from the base map since DLC France didn't exist
- We do not want to make just one road corridor through Spain just so we can reach Portugal. Unlike in the Balkans, we want to focus more on adding a lot of area to explore instead of one or two main corridors

Please have faith in me and Ivan, even though we are not Portuguese we will make it as realistic as possible when we reach Portugal. There are also some Portuguese team members like gmtavares who will definitely help us out as well :)

We have nothing against Portugal, it's just an unfortunate situation where it's quite far away from the rest of the map, but we are getting closer by the day ;)
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Davyddin
Donation rank:

19 Nov 2018 08:52

A few off-topic posts have been archived, along with a few posts which were rendered unnecessary or without context by this. Please stay civil and on topic, without false premises and accusatory undertones, everyone.

And thank you Ivan and Realdeal for your nice work and reasoned responses! :)
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

NewCoolMapper

19 Nov 2018 15:02

realdeal350 wrote:
19 Nov 2018 05:49
Hello NewCoolMapper,

If you are reading this, I want you to know that Portugal is not as far away as you think, but it is not close enough to start making new signs and assets. Those will be made when the time comes, and we will do them as accurately as we can like we have with all other countries. And for the record, please stop talking like signs are the most important thing in the world... Landscaping is just as important and if not more important, since that's what captures the true feeling of being in that country's atmosphere and environment.

In addition, please stop basing your knowledge of what we will do in Portugal on this which are 2 or more years old. That's just unrealistic. When we reach Portugal we will start from scratch.

Also, the reasons why we have not reached Portugal are:
- Spain is a huge country to cross, and when we started developing Spain, it was separate from the base map since DLC France didn't exist
- We do not want to make just one road corridor through Spain just so we can reach Portugal. Unlike in the Balkans, we want to focus more on adding a lot of area to explore instead of one or two main corridors

Please have faith in me and Ivan, even though we are not Portuguese we will make it as realistic as possible when we reach Portugal. There are also some Portuguese team members like gmtavares who will definitely help us out as well :)

We have nothing against Portugal, it's just an unfortunate situation where it's quite far away from the rest of the map, but we are getting closer by the day ;)
Hi realdeal,
I’m really sorry for what I said. I didn’t mean to say that, but when things get like that, I just start to accuse people;

I understand what you said and if there’s anything you need, about signs and have nobody to ask, you can count on me as well. I love my country and I’ll tell you about simple details, because I want the ProMods mod to look realistic and appealing to the Portuguese people.

Sorry about the sign talk, as I did multiple times, but that’s my favourite stuff in roads - that’s why I care the most about them.

Thanks for sending this message. I really apreciated it and that may change my vision here.

I am really liking your work on Spain. I visited Soria and it was really great. Thanks for the newest update and thanks for your efforts on the Iberian Peninisula.
Lead developer of the project of Portugal 1:8 Image

PirriAND

19 Nov 2018 15:50

Can't wait for Portugal

Edit: And the South/SouthWest parts of Spain too.

MrPidf

19 Nov 2018 16:44

That's actually the city that I live in. I know both Porto and Lisbon very well, because I lived in Lisbon and still go there every year. Just hope that Portugal will have the detail that he desires, and I'm sure that the developers won't disappoint.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information