Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
IvanGF14
Developer

07 Dec 2015 22:36

Westwood255 wrote:I have a question: Now that Barcelona and Manresa won't be ready for 2.0, what about Andorra la Vella and the development in the Basque area? Are Andorra la Vella and some Basque citities to be released in 2.0, or will they also wait to a later version? :D
Andorra la Vella is finished now. Only needs some bug fixing like invisible walls. About the Basque Country, Irun and Donostia will be in 2.0. I need to finish both cities, but i can finish it before the release date (only some holes in the map and other details) ;)

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2015 09:34

Not to forget that after 2.0 the next update of ProMods will contain extra spain content.

Instead of driving "only" to Barcelona you can drive even deeper in this amazing new project in which we still experiment on how to bring the mediterranean climate as realistic as possible ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

jontsuba
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2015 10:41

I'd say the answer will be in ATS. The only thing ProMods still lacks is dry climates and that's exactly what ATS will bring.

Devilagent
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2015 18:29

Will ATS will be a requirement when Promods adds this part of Spain?after its released of course:)

Horizon™
Developer

08 Dec 2015 18:55

No, because ATS is different game... It is like GTA V, and Need For Speed - two, different games...
----
We are just asked some objects from SCS Developers to use in the ProMods, but we agreed with SCS, that we will be able to use those objects just after ATS release!
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Geoffroy
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2015 20:55

I thinks it's better to wait to have more southern France roads achieved before having Bercelona. Because in order to go from Genoa to Barcelona as instance, you would have to go through Torino, Lyon, Toulouse via the A89 - A20 and then through Andorra or the Mediterranean sea to finally reach Barcelona, which would have been a crazy unrealistic moronic trip. So it's not so bad to not have Barcelona in v 2.0
Si tacuisses philosophus mansisses

realdeal350
Developer

09 Dec 2015 13:31

I myself am also upset that Catalonia could not be included in 2.0, but real life gets in the way (and of course ATS :P). Otherwise Barcelona would have been completed. But I think that that is good because I'm proud of my work so far, and so should the rest of the promods developers. I hope you guys do understand why these two cities couldn't be added. But look, all of the other great developers are bringing you even greater content than I think I could ever create.

Also sorry for my absense lately, last week of school and stuff. :P I shall get back to mapping now, and my next task is to complete the whole route from Andorra to Barcelona snd Barcelona itself. Maybe this tiny expansion being postponed is actually beneficial, because me now having more time, I will put more time into those details to provide you guys a great Spain!
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

09 Dec 2015 17:58

Geoffroy wrote:I thinks it's better to wait to have more southern France roads achieved before having Bercelona. Because in order to go from Genoa to Barcelona as instance, you would have to go through Torino, Lyon, Toulouse via the A89 - A20 and then through Andorra or the Mediterranean sea to finally reach Barcelona, which would have been a crazy unrealistic moronic trip. So it's not so bad to not have Barcelona in v 2.0
Exactly! Having Barcelona, but not having the A17 to La Jonquera and the french border, would be very unrealistic, anyway. Let's wait until Kutchek finishes southern France, through that time ATS is probably gets relased anyway so Catalonia can be continued, and probably is gonna be even better.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Horizon™
Developer

09 Dec 2015 18:11

Well, in the time the proper connection gets made, the Catalonia can be expanded much further - No need to pause the project to have a good connection with France - Of course, if sectors don't get overlapped, then it is very easy thing to do for a developers.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

illuminatikiwi
Donation rank:

09 Dec 2015 19:44

So as if i understood right, only northern parts of iberian penninsulla will be released before ATS, right? (Dont get me wrong, i am excited to see northern parts also :) )

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information