Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
tantalus

04 Apr 2019 21:59

EdgeGladiator wrote:
02 Apr 2019 19:16
Take into account that we are at 1:19 scale, and unfortunately it's almost impossible to include these cities unless you sacrifice Madrid itself. If we take the example of France, cities such as Saint-Denis, Montreuil, Argenteuil (near Paris) or Villeurbanne (near Lyon) are more populated and larger than cities like Clermont-Fd, Limoges or Bourges but they are not there because they look impossible to include. And same example in Germany etc...
I understand that. But i also look at american truck simulator and the mexico mod expansions, and i see that it could be possible. I mean, its perfectly possible to add cities within 50km or so, ive been playing (i was, unfortunately i dont have the guts to endure such terrible game optimization) ATS for a while with the Mexico expansion and i loved it. Cities are really close each other and makes the game more realistic and challenging. Now, of course the work itself on the assets of those cities and environment is pretty low - quality, because the people who did it was more focused on quainty than quality, but that is my whole point.

I prefer Quality over quantity. So, im perfectly ok with not including those cities because i know the work done is going to be HQ, i was just pointing out that it could be possible but if done right, it will take sooooo much time.. that its better to just avoid it.

Also i understand that to make the mod more balanced with the rest of Europe we cant have so many cities in Spain. It will look weird compared with the rest lol.

YNM

05 Apr 2019 05:51

Getafe is only 10 km from the heart of Madrid, and is within Madrid's orbital ring road. Could be featured as a part of Madrid rather than as a separate city. Or at least like Croydon, though Spain has more wide-spread cities than the UK.

Manresa is 50 km away from Barcelona.

Though in the end I suppose the areas marked as "Madrid" will not be the central Madrid - even the M-30 is entirely buried away at it's closest point to the city center. Ronda Litoral of Barcelona is much shorter in-game than they are IRL.

EdgeGladiator

05 Apr 2019 10:06

tantalus wrote:
04 Apr 2019 21:59
I understand that. But i also look at american truck simulator and the mexico mod expansions, and i see that it could be possible. I mean, its perfectly possible to add cities within 50km or so, ive been playing (i was, unfortunately i dont have the guts to endure such terrible game optimization) ATS for a while with the Mexico expansion and i loved it. Cities are really close each other and makes the game more realistic and challenging. Now, of course the work itself on the assets of those cities and environment is pretty low - quality, because the people who did it was more focused on quainty than quality, but that is my whole point.

I prefer Quality over quantity. So, im perfectly ok with not including those cities because i know the work done is going to be HQ, i was just pointing out that it could be possible but if done right, it will take sooooo much time.. that its better to just avoid it.

Also i understand that to make the mod more balanced with the rest of Europe we cant have so many cities in Spain. It will look weird compared with the rest lol.
It may technically be possible to add them, but it would only be small towns with perhaps a business, such as Lasarte-Oria, Eibar, Mataró or La Seu d'Urgell, not a real city. After, we must see the IvanGF14's decision.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Goncaloafs

05 Apr 2019 15:48

Guys, loving this, big thanks for sacrificing your time for doing this project :D , but, without wanting to rush you or anything, any prediction on how complete it is, like in percentage (%)?

CptCaribbean

05 Apr 2019 19:31

realdeal350 wrote:
28 Feb 2019 06:46
Maybe 20%
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

tantalus

06 Apr 2019 03:37

YNM wrote:
05 Apr 2019 05:51
Getafe is only 10 km from the heart of Madrid, and is within Madrid's orbital ring road. Could be featured as a part of Madrid rather than as a separate city. Or at least like Croydon, though Spain has more wide-spread cities than the UK.

Manresa is 50 km away from Barcelona.

Though in the end I suppose the areas marked as "Madrid" will not be the central Madrid - even the M-30 is entirely buried away at it's closest point to the city center. Ronda Litoral of Barcelona is much shorter in-game than they are IRL.
As far as i know ( i didnt even googled it at all, i live in Mostoles so i know the distances more or less) its about 30-35 km from the Industrial zone of Getafe to the center of Madrid (but i could be wrong im talking out of experience). Móstoles is about 30 km from Madrid center. Alcorcon about 25km. Keeping in mind we are talking about the CENTER of Madrid City, not the limits of the city. Im also not talking about including a bit area representing Getafe, but just a small stop with one or two truck companies and probably thats about it. But again, not a request, just an observation. Hey, im excited we are able to go to Madrid at all hehe, thats enough for me (and see some representative buildings and environment). But as everybody i guess, i just dream awake ;)

Btw, Ivan (im not sure if you are the one making progress on the mod), will you include as landscape iconic buildings like Kyo Towers (or white towers), the Madrid tower or the Spain building (well, by the time you finish i guess this one will be out of question.. :s), for example? i hope so.

Shiva

06 Apr 2019 06:09

tantalus, your distances seem to be about 2x longer than in real life. Móstoles - Alcobendas is +-32kilometres.
I get 56 kilometres, by car. Oh, wait... that was minutes, not kilometres. 46,1 km is the right distance.
If taking the most southern! part of Getafe industrial areas south point I could find, to Madrid center and then to Móstoles.
Route taken.
Móstoles centre to Madrid cenrte, 17kilometres as they bird flies.
The distance between the central madrid point and southernmost point of Gestafe is 16,71kilometres. on the route I took on Google Maps.
Yes, I did try to find the southernmost point of Gestafe.
ProMods scale is 1:19.
Móstoles and Gestafe, they are part of Madrid.
If Gestafe gets in, then I would recommend that it has the same status as Poissy and Gonesse in Paris.
Gestafe = part of Madrid.

realdeal350 wrote this about Madrid earlier this year.
realdeal350 wrote:
26 Jan 2019 11:02
There will be a small bit of the M-50, a small bit of the M-30 and the entire M-40. Having two ring roads is redundant and takes up a huge amount of space. Don't worry though, IvanGF14 will do a very good job since he lives very close to Madrid! :D
M-40 + a small part of A-3.
I won't even dare to guess what parts of M-30 or M-50 IvanGF14 will include.

A-2 west/northwest has a lot of industrial areas, when driving towards Guadalajara.

Will Madrid be big?
I would say Yes.

Do I want to see IvanGF14's version of it someday? Yes!

/edit:
I'll take guess on M-30 anyway.
Only problem is that my guess is sort of half the M-30.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

EdgeGladiator

06 Apr 2019 09:21

I don't have the same guess about M-30. I think that a part of the M-30 between A-4 and A-1 (mostly east part) will be added, because it's the main part of M-30.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

U&I

06 Apr 2019 12:52

i've already asked the devs about madrid and they told me that all the madrid roads (R-2/3/4/5 and M-30/45/50 etc..)'ll be added
that what they said in this forum nearly 6 months ago

and i think (not sure) that they can reduce/increse the scale in one place of the map. And if they really can, then they would not care of the scale anymore.. and the major roads/places of this damn city will be added
(Retired :( ) SignsDev of MAGHREB-MAP
Creator of [WIP] Iberia Signs Rework

Iberia Signs Rework :

Vøytek
Developer

06 Apr 2019 12:58

U&I wrote:
06 Apr 2019 12:52
and i think (not sure) that they can reduce/increse the scale in one place of the map. And if they really can, then they would not care of the scale anymore..
That would be really helpful, but it's obviously not possible.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information