Iberian Peninsula Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
EdgeGladiator

21 Dec 2019 14:24

I'm sure it will be on early December 2020, maybe not 3rd, but then 1st, or 4th or even 5th. A big DLC like Iberia should take at least 11 months.
Omicron wrote:
21 Dec 2019 13:37
Yes, the area could be brought back in another update, but if the quality of the DLC was better than ProMods (in terms of prefabs, models, etc.), then that would seem like a bigger waste of time.
In term of prefabs or models, it can be better, but in term of realism, if we see what ProMods developers already do eg on Soria, Zaragoza or Huesca area, I don't ever think that a DLC can be better.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Omicron
Developer

21 Dec 2019 15:02

EdgeGladiator wrote:
21 Dec 2019 14:24
I don't ever think that a DLC can be better.
I 100% agree. I was saying in general, that if an area is older, often it is better to replace it with the DLC until it can be rebuilt (if necessary).
Developer since 2.56
Éirinn go Brách!

ElectroYt2002

21 Dec 2019 22:45

Omicron wrote:
21 Dec 2019 13:37
ElectroYt2002 wrote:
21 Dec 2019 12:21
I dont see why there is a stop in development...so why does it being announced or not have to halt the progress...
There would be no point in doing in continuing developing the area; if they continued working in a particular area which was then overwritten by the DLC, wouldn't that be a waste of time? Yes, the area could be brought back in another update, but if the quality of the DLC was better than ProMods (in terms of prefabs, models, etc.), then that would seem like a bigger waste of time. Yes, it does mean there'll be very little to no progress on Spain, but there would be more progress on merging the RttBS DLC and updating old areas of ProMods and areas that have virtually not been touched by ProMods (e.g. France & Italy DLC's).

The areas in Spain that are/were being worked on by realdeal350 and IvanGF14 and that are ready to be released probably won't be released until at least 2.50 (maybe earlier, but unlikely).
TBH, that was kinda what I was trying to say, I mean that Promods must have already known that SOME DAY Iberia would arrive, as will all parts of the Promods map (ireland will probably get its own dlc, the greek peninsula etc...) so it will all be 'replaced' by scs dlc. THAT in addition to it being stated before that it was ALMOST done anyways, I dont see why all the previous work has to go to waste when they can finish it off, release it in promods until the dlc comes out at the end of 2020 so we can drive in the rest of Spain for the whole year, and THEN merge it. SCS could just as well have announced the expansion in june of next year, when promods' iberia would hypothetically already be complete, but have the final release day also in december, and nothing would have changed. Thats why I said about it being announced or not and why that should halt the progress (because the dlc would come out anyways sooner or later, everyone knew that.) If that makes sense or not... I WILL try to clarify what i mean if anything doesn't make sense, English is not my first language.

realdeal350
Developer

22 Dec 2019 05:57

I understand what you mean, but you have to understand that mapping an area when a DLC is going to replace it in a short amount of time is very demotivating. Also, I personally have finished everything I've wanted to finish for now
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

ElectroYt2002

22 Dec 2019 09:28

Yea, I mean that makes sense. Like, I see how it can be demotivating to have something youve been working on be announced by scs that they are going to release soon. But because it is going to release in a whole year from now (from what ive been told), will your current Spain expansion (even if incompleted, something is better than nothing) be included in the next update?
Last edited by bmwGTR on 22 Dec 2019 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

jacek4

22 Dec 2019 09:33

Somewhere I found an entry about the Iberian DLC, I think the DLC will contain Spain and Portugal, and Na Dessert. Andorra. Is it next dlc to Just Western areas? after France?

and what will happen to your ProMods Sites? with koro is the DLC affecting your Spanish territories?
Time to move on the road - Pora ruszyć w trasę - Zeit auf der Straße zu bewegen - På tide å flytte på veien - Время, чтобы двигаться по дороге - Час, щоб рухатися по дорозі

Gabrielius_logistic
Donation rank:

22 Dec 2019 09:59

Actually, i don't think that SCS will include Andorra.

Usually, they avoid roads and territories which are not allowed for big trucks. Actually, entering to the whole territory of Andorra is forbidden for the trucks IRL.

Mooner_37
Donation rank:

22 Dec 2019 10:07

Cuidad Real (Promods version) is done? :mrgreen:
ETS2 / ATS

Current Headquarters: Liège, Berlin, L.A. Luxemburg, Seattle
Current Trucks: ETS2: 15 ATS: 2
Driving Truck: ETS2: DAF XF ATS: Peterbilt 579
Current Mileage: ETS2: 462,317 km (287,270.46 miles) - ATS: 329,972 km (205,035 miles)
Level: ETS2: 65 - ATS: 48

jacek4

22 Dec 2019 10:11

I have a question. Is there a chance that ProMods will leave Terenia Andorra and connect it to Iberia DLC grounds? how long will this DLC come out?

It's a shame there won't be Madrid with ProMods. :oops:
Time to move on the road - Pora ruszyć w trasę - Zeit auf der Straße zu bewegen - På tide å flytte på veien - Время, чтобы двигаться по дороге - Час, щоб рухатися по дорозі

EdgeGladiator

22 Dec 2019 10:51

ElectroYt2002 wrote:
22 Dec 2019 09:28
Yea, I mean that makes sense. Like, I see how it can be demotivating to have something youve been working on be announced by scs that they are going to release soon. But because it is going to release in a whole year from now (from what ive been told), will your current Spain expansion (even if incompleted, something is better than nothing) be included in the next update?
Mooner_37 wrote:
22 Dec 2019 10:07
Cuidad Real (Promods version) is done? :mrgreen:
realdeal350 already say that Ciudad Real will be included in the next big update (2.50)
jacek4 wrote:
22 Dec 2019 10:11
I have a question. Is there a chance that ProMods will leave Terenia Andorra and connect it to Iberia DLC grounds? how long will this DLC come out?

It's a shame there won't be Madrid with ProMods. :oops:
ProMods will use his Spain as a base, so I don't think that it would be necessary to simply connect Andorra with the rest of the DLC.
About Madrid, no one say that the ProMods Madrid work will be deleted, and replace by DLC. I hope that the work done can stay, and be merge.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information