Development on version 1.x (Project Euromir)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
cdawg9999
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2014 21:37

And who's going to make the Estonia map? You??? Better get on it!! I'll be sure to send you 100 messages asking you when its finished. I don't think promods is interested to make a stand alone Estonia map. Just what they have planned for project Euromir
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198274188504]Image[/url]

kallejre

05 Jun 2014 21:56

I agree, that 'world is not enought' - there isn't space for everything, but for scenery purposes, could you add something iconic for each road (1 per 100km). For example, tree called Kernu kadakas on Tallinn-Pärnu or Hollywood sign for Tallinn-Tartu. Tourist info gives good ideas to add. Also, what about a border crossing in Valga (just drive-trough)?
In a very long term non-Promods plan, what would you think about more detailed maps with smaller scale from smaller regions (Scandinavia/Baltics) only. German or UK truck sim engine is propably better than ETS2 due scale :?
Fictional(?) metropolis is good (interesting) map to make, but it doesn't suit to Promods imago.
I'm sure, that in deep, every ETS2 user wants to have their home street, or at least town to be added.
One thing, that I don't understand, is 'Why you added Haapsalu?' logistically, it's relatively unimportant compeared to Paldiski, where every day 3-digit sum of trucks rolls trough. I personnally would prefer Paldiski harbor or Muuga(?) to Tallinn, because most cargo/truck transit of Estonia goes trough them.

Btw, Latvians and Lithuanians, show up ideas on your contury too.

PS @chris: Making a small contury like Estonia as a standalone, is pointless, because, Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania is just too small/boring.

Claverx
Donation rank:

05 Jun 2014 22:21

Hello guys,
I think that instead of stressing the poor developers with continuous absurd requests of cities and even cities of own nation, we should be glad for all the tremendous work they are doing .... and thank you for any new scenario, wherever it is ...

I am Italian, but I will not ask for other cities in Italy: any new country is fine with me!

PS: ... I would like to make a big applause for all developers! :D

[sorry for my bad english...]
My ETS2 1.37 set: Promods 2.46 & ME & TCP + ETS2 Local Radio + Naturalux + Rusmap 2.1 + Southern Region 8.0 + Great Steppe 1.36

My screenshot thread https://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 9&start=30

pauliaxz
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2014 07:11

Everyone could try mapping in SCS games and see if it's so easy to make every requested content.
Few years ago I was creating whole Lithuania map in 18 WoS Pedal to the Metal. Laying roads is easy, but city making is so frustrating, adding proper prefabs, movers, setting city directions on road signs, elevation, scale and so on... It need a lot 3rd party graphical work too: editing signs, making buildings and so on.
In my opinion mapping is even harder of ETS 2 but I don't know really, because the last game I mapped something was 18 WoS Haulin.

Just thank Promods team for such effort done.

Edit: That map project was unsuccessful, too much time consuming and then soon after Windows messed up....

Nico
Founder
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2014 10:42

DavidJurjev wrote:I didn't mean to have the cities on the SCS scaled map, I meant to do just like a Estonia map, no other countries.
Just like as (you might know) the Hungarian map.
That makes your request only worse...

I feel kind of dissapointed now to read stuff like this if Im honest.

If I would ever make just one country map there is only one country I would do... three guesses which ;)
Am I developing at the moment?
STDS, ETS2, ATS Beta Tester
Main Developer of ProMods and Moderator.

Timopm

06 Jun 2014 10:52

Nico wrote:If I would ever make just one country map there is only one country I would do... three guesses which ;)
Belgium... It's Belgium, right?

;)

b3ST3ch0

06 Jun 2014 10:57

Nico wrote: If I would ever make just one country map there is only one country I would do... three guesses which ;)
Croatia ofcourse, I'm already jumping out of joy :D
Go nuts Nico 8-)

Vladzz-G
Developer

06 Jun 2014 11:01

Nico wrote: If I would ever make just one country map there is only one country I would do... three guesses which ;)
The Netherlands! I'm right? :)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

tobiasdeelstra
Donation rank:

06 Jun 2014 11:47

I think so :lol: .

sven_engelen

06 Jun 2014 12:19

Of course it's the netherlands. He's dutch!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information