Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
rarespetrosanu

23 May 2014 16:35

I'm surprised too :( . why did they choose to do this part of the continent ? - DLC Going North - those images are great by the way :) + Ireland
I was expected that SCS will do the rest of Italy especially , Spain , Portugal :)
The work of these guys from here is great too :D , no doubt about it
Last edited by rarespetrosanu on 23 May 2014 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

ScuL
Founder

23 May 2014 16:36

Don't worry we already knew this for 6 months

We will combine ProMods with the DLC and get best of both worlds :mrgreen:
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

rarespetrosanu

23 May 2014 16:38

:D great great great

M95

23 May 2014 17:01

DLC looks great, but Promods looks also great. This combination is going to be even better. Now I know the reason why the Ireland project is stopped. And do you already know if SCS is going to use custom junctions (just like you did with the FLD pack) or is that something you do not know yet/ you have to keep as a secret. I really like the custom junctions, especially in the French area (sometimes even with navigation it's hard to pick the right road).

And wouldn't it be nice to do a rebuild of germany, because it's a country which almost every log trip goes trough. And München, Nürnberg, Frankfurt and the Ruhrgebiet for example are far from realistic in the current map. (Then I want to pick a road I should take in real life but in-game it doesn't exist :cry: ).

Anyway I don't want to give you guys more pressure, I'm just curious. The work you already did is really nice (in my eyes it's more realistic than the scs map at the most places). Keep going, every step the team is taking makes the map better and better!

rarespetrosanu

23 May 2014 18:47

Those images from SCS look stunning because of the new features - textures,vegetation,trees and HDR :)
These images from the others developers who are working are looking very good too
I don't want to image how Scandinavia will look after U will finish it and after SCS does the same :D
Which will look better? Hard to tell
ProMods will get an extra plus because they started first :)
Go on ! :D

RemcoM97

23 May 2014 20:45

Those pictures from SCS's DLC are looking great. But you are doing a great job too :D
It is very interesting to me to see the DLC combined with Promods. I wish you do best for it!!
Sorry for my bad English but I think you will understand it :D

honza.tuhacek

23 May 2014 20:49

I know it is probably too early for this question, but I try it anyway. Promods stay functional without that DLC or It will be required for continuing using promods?

ScuL
Founder

23 May 2014 21:50

honza.tuhacek wrote:I know it is probably too early for this question, but I try it anyway. Promods stay functional without that DLC or It will be required for continuing using promods?
In the future our mod will require all official DLC's (we also have to make links to Go East for Romania and it would be impossible to have a working mod without the DLC)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Gazer75
Donation rank:

24 May 2014 02:42

So basically, if SCS make Denmark, which seems to be hinted at in the latest blog post, it will be required to use this mod?
Call me cynical, but I'm not going to buy a DLC area that ProMods already covers. The DLC would have to contain a lot more than just the map to justify it imo.

Purno
Donation rank:

24 May 2014 06:36

Gazer75 wrote:So basically, if SCS make Denmark, which seems to be hinted at in the latest blog post, it will be required to use this mod?
Call me cynical, but I'm not going to buy a DLC area that ProMods already covers. The DLC would have to contain a lot more than just the map to justify it imo.
I was cynical too, but that DLC probably includes models and other stuff we can use. And so far, SCS's DLC isn't greatly overpriced. (IMO Go East was reasonably priced).

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information