Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
FH-Fahrer
Developer

31 Jul 2014 17:34

Purno wrote:Yep, but again, I didn't want to poke the team for more models and overlays (I already did that more than enough :mrgreen: ). But, considering the feedback on this sign isn't overly positive, I have several options;
  1. Remove the sign completely
  2. Converting it to a national sign rather than an international sign (road number A1 and Puttgarden and Fehmarn as desinations)
  3. Ask the team to make the proper models and overlays, including city names and E-number roads in the correct font
  4. Leave it as it is, despite the feedback
I would prefer option no. 2, I think that would be more realistic and ProMods stands for quality :)

Purno wrote:One last question, what does BAB stand for?
Bundesautobahn, the official name of Autobahn
Developer of the
Autobahn Rebuilding Project Image

Current developments:
  • Secret :P

jontsuba
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2014 17:38

Purno wrote: One last question, what does BAB stand for?
Here is the answer from Wikipedia:
English Wikipedia wrote:The official German term is Bundesautobahn (plural Bundesautobahnen, abbreviated BAB), which translates as "federal motorway".
About International signs... As a lover of road signs, I prefer fidelity to real signs. So, while in some countries international directions can be found (In Spain you may find "Francia" (France) as a common direction and even City names near the border) I understand that can be different in other countries. For example I see striking having signs in Austria with "Verona" direction, although I understand it from a practical point of view. Another example is in French roads near the Spanish border with "St. Sébastien" directions, but as this city isn't planned in ProMods due to space constraints, I've heard they will be replaced with "Bilbao" signs... Anyway, I don't think it's that weird to have "unreacheable" destination... Look at the M25 in London with multiple small indicators!

I don't know, I understand the way they are being made, but I still prefer having signs equal to the found in the real world (even with exit numbers), but as I can't give a proper solution myself, I'll just deal with it.

And I can't wait for that patch from SCS for distance signs!!

Peterson

31 Jul 2014 18:16

I'm not quite sure where I am supposed to write this kind of post, but whatever.

In France, at Autoroutes, I didn't notice some signs. For exemple, when you enter or leave the Autoroute, there is a sign of a company, which built the Autoroute ( VINCI Autoroutes, etc.). They welcome you and they wish you "bonne route". Then there is a sign, on which there are distances of nearest "aires de repose" and an electronical board, which shows you if it has enough space to park at (it's for truckers). It tells you, it it's "libre" or "complet". Sometimes there are signs like these, but they tell you current prices of gas.

I know that these are just unnecessary details, but I hope that I'll recieve a response.
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

DanyTNT
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2014 18:51

That is a great idea! I've been to Italy and there were signs like that there too and it really annoyed me a little that there weren't any signs like that at all there. Though I think this post fits more in the France and Italy development projects rather than here.
Just a trucker who came here to drive and enjoy the road.

ETS Through the ages - March 2017:
ETS v1.27/ATS v1.6, Level 67, ~270k km. Currently driving: Iveco Stralis Hi-Way

Peterson

31 Jul 2014 18:56

As I said, I didn't know where to post this idea.

Btw. it's strange that I want to see my most hated country as good as possible.

That sign with nearest "aires de repose" wouldn't be useless after all, you know, you need to take a break but you don't know how far it is, or you don't have enough fuel...
Peterson logistics - We think, you pay, it's that simple.

ImageImage
My WoT profile.

TehHipster

31 Jul 2014 19:06

Vladzz-G wrote:
Purno wrote: Image
A1 / E47 northbound, past the last exit in Germany.
I also saw, that this sign (model and font) seems more similar to danish, not german.
Are this sign shouldn't look, like this one or like that?
O. O Image SOMEONE MESSED UP THE SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY! Why, I wished Google Maps would've picked another picture of that same part of the world sometime else. Anyway's, on a related note, maybe you could add some touches like that if possible on Promods 1.8. Never seen anyone have spraypaint on ETS2 so it would be nice if you putted some on the sides of the highway like the one mentioned in the image above.

Karloe

31 Jul 2014 19:26

Purno wrote:
  2. Converting it to a national sign rather than an international sign (road number A1 and Puttgarden and Fehmarn as desinations)
  3. Ask the team to make the proper models and overlays, including city names and E-number roads in the correct font
So, what would you have me do? :)
Option 4, Leave it as it is, for now.
This is after all a Game, a Sim-game, and we like it to be "realistic", but it will never be that because off other restraints.
(Map-scale, and needing the creation of new signs)

I know that in NL, and B, there are / used to be, signs that also include "Last exit in .." as a warning, and 300 m after the last Exit, similar signs to "Over the Border" Cities. (Back in my "driving" days, but that is 14 years ago :( )

And once more Purno, I love your dedication, as I have said before on the TTF forum (a few years ago.) and on GOT.

Purno
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2014 19:37

Karloe wrote:Option 4, Leave it as it is, for now.
I'll wait a bit and gather some more opinions. :)
I know that in NL, and B, there are / used to be, signs that also include "Last exit in .." as a warning, and 300 m after the last Exit, similar signs to "Over the Border" Cities. (Back in my "driving" days, but that is 14 years ago :( )
I know for sure Kobenhavn is signed in the Netherlands, a long distance sign for E-roads. I think I've seen it at the A1 from Amsterdam, but not completely sure about that. Either way, this is Germany, not the Netherlands :P
And once more Purno, I love your dedication, as I have said before on the TTF forum (a few years ago.) and on GOT.
GOT?

---

Anyways, stuff I've worked on this evening;
(just the signs, everything else was already there before I touched it)

Vladzz-G
Developer

31 Jul 2014 20:02

Purno wrote:
So, what would you have me do? :)
I prefer like the 3rd option, but as I don't want to overload you with modelling, then any options will be welcome, except 4th. First 3 options are good. ;)

By the way, great work, Purno! :)
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

31 Jul 2014 20:45

Peterson wrote:As I said, I didn't know where to post this idea.
How about the France development thread? :P

http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=659
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information