Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

25 Dec 2013 17:40

well the problem I got with ADF.ly is that its taking forever to load.

Maj2235

25 Dec 2013 18:25

RoadRageDude wrote:well the problem I got with ADF.ly is that its taking forever to load.
Disable ad-block and it should be fine.
My PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K MOBO: Gigabyte GA-P85-D3 GPU: MSI GeForce GTX660 TwinFrozr IV RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 2x4gb DDR3 1600Mhz PSU: OCZ Stealth XStream 500W driving wheel: Logitech Driving Force GT

steam profile

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

25 Dec 2013 19:21

I purchased the ProMod V1.5 for 1 USD from PayPal and I didnt get it in the email. Is this a bug or do I have to wait?

ScuL
Founder

25 Dec 2013 19:53

RoadRageDude wrote:I purchased the ProMod V1.5 for 1 USD from PayPal and I didnt get it in the email. Is this a bug or do I have to wait?
Contact Payloadz Support [[email protected]]

If still having issues let me know your username/real name & paypal e-mail address by PM and I will investigate.

The download mail should be sent instantly
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Slash
Donation rank:

25 Dec 2013 23:08

once again: amazing work again! Great christmas- present ;)

Nissantruck

26 Dec 2013 19:11

First i must say thank you for the new map it is good and secondly i did see some problems with it for example the outside of the garage in Helsinki i did see some flowers and grass around the new diesel pump station outside of my garage i mean on top of the asfalt and a nother problem can be seen near the garage i mean in the traffic lights.I mean in the light frames i can see a problem with the lights it self i mean they do not look like they should look in real life because now they have many different colors in the lights so please do something about them because now they look totally stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

kallejre

26 Dec 2013 22:04

RoadRageDude wrote:well the problem I got with ADF.ly is that its taking forever to load.
You can't open both links at same time. Start first download, close window, open 2nd and download both parts at same time part.

Superdavecan

26 Dec 2013 23:11

Hey guys, just wanted to say well done! :D That was an amazing Christmas present to us all, thank you so much! :)

Anyway my comments:

Denmark: Looks much better, especially with MandelSoft's sign work! Denmark now has arguably the best signs in the game, especially when it comes to correct lane usage. I saw the new traffic lights too, very nice! Unfortunately I was a victim of the Padborg invisible wall bug... 10% damage to the truck, cargo 42% damaged... and when I hit the second invisible wall the cargo went up to 57% damaged... when I delivered it, I got a "Reckless" and didn't even get paid for the job :lol: I guess there's some truth in the saying "You screw up, you better not show up." Thank god for autosaves that you can reload. ;) Anyway thanks for fixing that bug really quickly too, I think we all appreciate that :)

Norway: Although not as much was done, I did notice that the traffic lights were corrected so that they're no longer on gantries, and now correctly resemble Norwegian traffic lights. Thanks :)

Sweden: Top work! :D The new traffic lights work very well, the new signs are great, and it was also really nice to see the addition of Linköping. Cool that you added IKEA and SAAB as companies too! Stockholm still needs to be re-worked but I believe that was in the plans anyway, just not ready in time for the Christmas release.

Netherlands: Awesome! The road network around Rotterdam looks great! :D It's much better around Amsterdam too, and although it wasn't possible to eliminate the level juction on the A10 west, it's nice that there's a traffic light there instead, instead of an uncontrolled intersection like there was before. Good job on the signs too :)

UK: So far I've only been to Newcastle for the ferry, and I made a delivery to London. Around London the signs look better, and ingenious idea to make Croydon using what was pretty much already built. However I still think that London desperately needs a western connector to the M4, so that you can enter and exit in all four directions... indeed, you'll need this if you're going to build Heathrow. Perhaps the southern exit could become the M23/A23 and connect with the A27 east of Portsmouth? As for the northern exits, I think it would make the most sense to delete the terrible crossover ones that SCS put there, and rebuild them so that the M1 and M11 extend within the M25 and connect right into the city. It would look much more accurate, for sure!
I can't say much about the rest of the UK since I haven't seen anything else in the UK with the new version.

France: I haven't made it as far as the new extension that Kutchek has made, but when I do I'll write comments in the France thread. I definitely noticed that the give way signs all over existing areas of France now have the text "Cédez le passage" underneath. That's good. But in the existing part of northern France, when I was doing a delivery to Paris I couldn't help but notice that there is a key autoroute still missing... the A1/E15 going from Paris in the direction of Lille! I know SCS made a mix of motorways and country roads on purpose so that it wouldn't be only motorways, but somehow it just seems wrong to represent a key route like this as a country road. Is it something that might be changed in the near future?

Belgium: This is where I'd make my next area of focus... Belgium still looks the same as it did, and my ideas for how to improve it are all in the Belgium suggestions thread. I noticed though that along the A7/E19, ALL the signs were in Dutch... any more than 15 km or so south of Brussels, the signs on that road should be in French. Is this something that was changed? I could've sworn that I saw them in French there earlier, but honestly I can't remember.

Anyway, once again great job! :D Even if it's only some of the improvements that have been done that were ready to be released, the map already looks so much better than v1.01. Thank you so much guys! :)

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2013 00:59

i agree with what Superdavecan said.

Tijzemaes
Donation rank:

27 Dec 2013 09:41

Superdavecan wrote:
Belgium: This is where I'd make my next area of focus... Belgium still looks the same as it did, and my ideas for how to improve it are all in the Belgium suggestions thread. I noticed though that along the A7/E19, ALL the signs were in Dutch... any more than 15 km or so south of Brussels, the signs on that road should be in French. Is this something that was changed? I could've sworn that I saw them in French there earlier, but honestly I can't remember.
I also did notice that the signs underneath Brussels are still in Dutch, it says Luik instead of Liège. Wich is not logic because sout of Brussels you have Wallonia, exept for 3 km that is still Flanders (but we forget that! :) ). It would be cool if Brussels had bilingual signs, but I understood that was a bit difficult to make. But if the bilingual signs are not possible, you could make the signs south of Brussels in French. And if you don't want to change it in French, the sign should say Rijsel (Lille) instead if just Lille. Because now it is a combination of two signalisation types! :p

PS: Nice job you've done with the map! :D
#JeSuisCharlie

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information