Development on version 1.x (Current Map Improvements)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
jasper

25 May 2014 10:21

ScuL wrote:SCS conceived the idea of a Scandinavian DLC long before they knew of ProMods, so they just continued with their original plan. In the background we're porting a lot of stuff from ProMods to go into the official DLC (so this is a huge honour, the first time EVER that modder's work is going into the original game).

But because of QA reasons they will not use any custom junctions and therefore can't copy any parts of our map.
Wow , that's great news for you that SCS team recognising your hard work , keep up the good work! :)
Volvo FH Globetrotter XL 750HP 6X2/4 Midlift

Map coverage: 44,78%
Truck driven distance: 12275 Km
Overall driven distance: 879873 Km
Driven distance during jobs:548030 Km
HQ garage : Nice , France
Trips completed : 450

BarrGDA
Donation rank:

25 May 2014 10:45

jasper wrote:
ScuL wrote:SCS conceived the idea of a Scandinavian DLC long before they knew of ProMods, so they just continued with their original plan. In the background we're porting a lot of stuff from ProMods to go into the official DLC (so this is a huge honour, the first time EVER that modder's work is going into the original game).

But because of QA reasons they will not use any custom junctions and therefore can't copy any parts of our map.
Wow , that's great news for you that SCS team recognising your hard work , keep up the good work! :)
Wow, that is an achievement indeed, well done!

But I do assume in that case, that you will rework these default junctions? I hope that a lot won't change from the current map, or at least if it will, there will be changes for the better.

ScuL
Founder

25 May 2014 11:13

We will try to port all our ProMods specifics (junctions, and sites like the demo centre) into the DLC. But in return get fabulous landscapes, vegetation & true to life models like buildings/villages/panoramas.. so it literally is best of both worlds. There are also areas that SCS do not cover that we will cover and vice versa, so the mixture will be an enrichment for everybody :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Superdavecan

25 May 2014 13:02

Don't worry, I trust you :) Even if I was a bit worried, I know you better than that... the ProMods team would never release something that's not as good as one of their previous releases. And it definitely will be good to have better vegetation and models, those are all things that you can use for future developments as well. So let's see what happens... Since I'm not actually playing the game right now due to other commitments, I have patience ;) but I'm just trying to keep myself informed of new developments.

anonymson

25 May 2014 13:32

So how will this new DLC affect the improved signage system you're using?

ScuL
Founder

25 May 2014 14:32

The DLC won't have it. So we will place it in our modded version :)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

norguy

25 May 2014 14:39

Talking about signs, I hope SCS improve their signage in future versions. For instance Germany dosent even have correct speed signs. Think if Sweden get those standard red/white speed signs :?

onionbarje

25 May 2014 14:52

Ok i am bit confused. With this new Northen DLC from SCS, will v1.62 (the current version) of promods not work with it. Is it basically going to be Promods version vs SCS version (including all DLCs)

ScuL
Founder

25 May 2014 16:18

onionbarje wrote:Ok i am bit confused. With this new Northen DLC from SCS, will v1.62 (the current version) of promods not work with it. Is it basically going to be Promods version vs SCS version (including all DLCs)
Yep ProMods v1.62 will not work with the Go North DLC
However we will make a new ProMods version that does work with it (and integrates our work into theirs)

Wolfpig
Donation rank:

25 May 2014 16:50

norguy wrote:Talking about signs, I hope SCS improve their signage in future versions. For instance Germany dosent even have correct speed signs. Think if Sweden get those standard red/white speed signs
Which speed signs in germany do you mean?
The most speed signs are the round red/white ones, except maybe for some (the round blue) which are posted at the beginning of motorway which tell how fast you have to drive at least (but there a are not many in game which go from normal street to motorway where those signs mostly are used)...and the ones for recommended speed should even in real life rare...

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information