Benelux Development

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
M4rkus

26 Apr 2015 09:21

That looks great, indeed. Also, having seen the plan, I think it's well-thought - the only thing that I wondered about were country roads. Seems like you're removing some vanilla country roads that might not look so bad and I don't know if that's a great idea.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

26 Apr 2015 09:36

Superdavecan wrote:Looks great Purno :) But I never realised the A7 in Groningen had traffic lights on it :shock:

Seems a bit strange, since normally a motorway should not have any traffic lights on it.
The N7 in Groningen is an oddball with it's at-grade intersections, which do exist, by the way. And it used to be worse, when the N7 in Sneek also had traffic lights (it was a locally downgraded A7).
Superdavecan wrote:**EDIT** I just looked again at the screenshots and on the last one, the A7/E22 sign for Amsterdam looks like it's facing in the wrong direction. The cursor in the mini-map is facing east, not west.
These signs will be replaced anyway by the new system ;)
M4rkus wrote:That looks great, indeed. Also, having seen the plan, I think it's well-thought - the only thing that I wondered about were country roads. Seems like you're removing some vanilla country roads that might not look so bad and I don't know if that's a great idea.
I agree that they don't look bad, but they either look out of place or they are in the way of more important things (like the A67 or Eindhoven)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

M4rkus

26 Apr 2015 09:40

So no space for the country roads Brussels - Lille and Brugge - Calais that are already in-game?

Devilagent
Donation rank:

26 Apr 2015 11:45

Just a general thought about citynames on signs.. Like example the n34 having Luik and Osnabrück as destination in Groningen is maybe good to navigate without gps but not really realistic.. What about local city names like Emmen and Coevorden..even they will not be city's ever built.. Just a idea though ;)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

26 Apr 2015 11:50

That will all be possible (and applied) when the new signage system will be implemented ;)
M4rkus wrote:So no space for the country roads Brussels - Lille and Brugge - Calais that are already in-game?
My Belgian team mates decided to remove them. This has all been thought out.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Superdavecan

26 Apr 2015 13:17

M4rkus wrote:So no space for the country roads Brussels - Lille and Brugge - Calais that are already in-game?
MandelSoft wrote:My Belgian team mates decided to remove them. This has all been thought out.
Right decision, definitely :D The new plan looks so much better. Finally the map of Belgium will look much more realistic! :D

Although this is the Benelux Rebuilding Project, when I saw Lille it made me wonder... is there ever going to be a rebuild of northeastern France? It's not built very realistically... for example the A1 between Lille and Paris is completely missing and represented by a country road, Reims is full of at-grade intersections, etc. I know Kutchek is busy building parts of France much further south, so I wouldn't expect him to improve these areas anytime soon. But as it's another area that is mostly the same as the SCS vanilla map, which borders areas that will be covered by both the BRP and the ARP, I hoped that it might be under consideration for a rebuild.

Anyway was just wondering if anyone had considered that. This is definitely the BRP thread though... so I'll just say keep up the good work with the Benelux countries; I look forward to a much better in-game driving experience with them! :)

Stangreta

26 Apr 2015 13:34

Distance or signs will be added as the Autobahn Rebuilding Project? :)

Rocar 512E

26 Apr 2015 13:59

MandelSoft wrote:
Michael Rosen wrote:No, coevorden as scenery city with 1 or 2 companies that are part of Zwolle.
Again, I really don't want overkill.
Pretty sad, it's a nice city :(

PH-AMG

26 Apr 2015 20:19

Hey!

Long time no see on the forum:)

I've been quite busy lately, but fortunately today I had a lot of time to map!
Instead of telling where I took the screenshots, let's just guess where the exact location is.
I tried to build the scenery as close to reality as possible, so it should not be too hard.

Some of the screenshots are older work I did not show yet:

Location 1:

Location 2:

Location 3:

enjoy!

volan123
Donation rank:

26 Apr 2015 20:22

The pics look so beautiful I'm left speechless! I think these locations are probably near Dutch-Belgium border, but any closer than that I don't know :P Again, outstanding work you're doing in Benelux! :D
Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information