Development on version 1.x (France edition)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Sebassk.S

18 Mar 2015 13:47

Will you make the toll of Biriatou (A63) at the border of Spain-France ?
Sorry for my bad English :D

Roro44
Donation rank:

18 Mar 2015 14:00

Sebassk.S wrote:Will you make the toll of Biriatou (A63) at the border of Spain-France ?
Sorry for my bad English :D
probably but when Spain will be doing and also many cities (at least bilbao )
Worlds of trucks

Beta-Testeur since 2.17

Promods user since 1.52

ScuL
Founder

18 Mar 2015 14:23

it's already done :)
c'est déja fait..
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Sebassk.S

18 Mar 2015 14:53

ok thanks :)

zebenji
Graphics Designer

18 Mar 2015 20:56

Hi!

These new roads are just amazing. However, I have a tiny suggestion to make concerning Bayonne area...

In Brittany, signs are both in French and in Breton, like in real life. I was wondering if you could think about doing the same for Bayonne. This area is extremely proud of its Basque heritage, and most of the road signs - if not all - are in French, Basque and a third language (possibly Spanish given the fact that we're close to the Spanish border). Here's a few examples :

- A roundabout between Biarritz and Bayonne :

https://www.google.fr/maps/@43.483387,- ... dkPRcQ!2e0

- Around the airport :

https://www.google.fr/maps/@43.467269,- ... 8k8h5g!2e0

In fact, in Bayonne area, all the local road signs are in three languages, meaning that highway signs remain in French only, as well as the town limit signs. There's an article about that on Wikipédia, but I'm sorry to say that it's in French :

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signalisat ... #Aquitaine

Hope this will help. By no means it's a priority, but I think it would just add a "local touch" in the area. Especially because the first time I drove around the area in real life, I was confused by road signs in three languages. :D

Nectaria Coutayar
Donation rank:

19 Mar 2015 10:43

Great work on the new France map, but I encountered an issue with the A89 toll booth just after Brive la Gaillarde in the direction of Bordeaux. I needed to pay but I never was given the option so I had to ask for a tow to Limoges.

Anyone else having this issue?
lvl 209 - 912000km - Scania R730 - 61% map coverage

martinusK

19 Mar 2015 11:26

Nectaria Coutayar wrote:Great work on the new France map, but I encountered an issue with the A89 toll booth just after Brive la Gaillarde in the direction of Bordeaux. I needed to pay but I never was given the option so I had to ask for a tow to Limoges.

Anyone else having this issue?
It's a known bug and the devs are working on fixing it. If you have developer mode enabled, then press 0 to go to free camera view, then go to the other side of the tollbooth and press F9 to teleport. Remember to be close to the ground with the camera, or else the truck will sustain damage.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Geoffroy
Donation rank:

19 Mar 2015 12:13

zebenji wrote:
In Brittany, signs are both in French and in Breton, like in real life. I was wondering if you could think about doing the same for Bayonne. This area is extremely proud of its Basque heritage, and most of the road signs - if not all - are in French, Basque and a third language (possibly Spanish given the fact that we're close to the Spanish border). Here's a few examples :
The third language is Gascon and not Spanish! In fact, Gascon was more spoken in Bayonne than Basque, before the "renaissance" of Basque language. Basque is now spoken because of the inner emmigration from the Basque countryside and beacause it's more "fashion". We, the Gascon from Bayonne have become an oppressed minority :lol: :lol: :lol:

and @ Kutchek : Thanks for your work! I'm totally astonished by the quality and the realism of the roads in Southwest France! Just hoping that the tolls will work :D
I was wondering if you will continue the N124 between Mont-de-Marsan and Toulouse. It could be a great thing, because it will cross Armagnac, which the region of... Armagnac :mrgreen: and the Musketeers. This region have typical village and beautiful scenaries, and I have to mention that there is a Country festival in Mirande, where there is always some big American trucks ;)
I have also an other suggestion: Making the N88 between Toulouse and Lyon through this itinerary. This road crosses a lot of very interesting middle-sized city: Albi, Rodez, Mende, Le Puy,and Saint-Etienne, which could be interesting scenaries or even include companies depending of main cities (Lyon, Toulouse or Montpellier). There are also a lot of astonishing landscapes and interesting landmarks, such as the Cathedral Sainte Cecile in Albi (but I guess it's practicaly impossible to make, unless if there are already some compatible models available), or the Church Saint Michel on its rock in Le Puy (which is maybe easier to do by putting a simple Church model on a sharped hill, althrough I don't know anything how the editor is working)
Si tacuisses philosophus mansisses

breizhanguk
Donation rank:

19 Mar 2015 12:34

Sorry if maybe this question was asked many times but did u plan to add some cities along the mediterranean coast or southern France...like Marseille, Salon de Provence, Montpellier, narbonne, Perpignan ...thank you

jontsuba
Donation rank:

19 Mar 2015 12:55

Look at the plan in page 1 in this thread: Marseille, Nice, Montpellier...

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information