Assets & General Improvements

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Apr 2015 10:55

Amber is a more yellowish-orange from high-pressure soduim lamp bulbs. Orange is only used for low-pressure soduim light tubes. I think Eastern Germany will mainly use amber. Orange can be found mainly in the Netherlands and Belgium. Amber will remain the most dominant light colour on the map, though smaller city lights will often switch to warm white instead of amber.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Herdox

08 Apr 2015 11:01

New colour of street lights are awsome, but do you consider making weather more realistic?

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Apr 2015 11:06

No. There are multiple proper environment mods that do just that. However, mods that change the streetlight colours often do this for the standard game and are usually not fully compatible with our models, and usually the lamps give the wrong colour of lights in these mods. This is why we do like to change the streetlights, but doing the weather too seems to be redundant.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

08 Apr 2015 11:09

Great work. Do you think it will be compatible with realistic lighting? As I really like the skyboxes and other features used with that mod

M4rkus

08 Apr 2015 11:10

MandelSoft wrote:Amber is a more yellowish-orange from high-pressure soduim lamp bulbs. Orange is only used for low-pressure soduim light tubes. I think Eastern Germany will mainly use amber. Orange can be found mainly in the Netherlands and Belgium. Amber will remain the most dominant light colour on the map, though smaller city lights will often switch to warm white instead of amber.
And in terms of your pictures, what is that colour on the second and on the third picture? Are they the same? I think the second one looks more like what I'm used to. The third picture perhaps looks a bit too orange in that respect (= what looks most familiar to me). So is the first one amber and the second one orange ...? Also, I like the effect of mixing in the first picture – that looks very interesting.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Apr 2015 12:53

The foreground on the second picture is orange. The colour in the back is amber. The third picture is orange in the foreground and amber in the background.

To compare with RL pics:
Orange:

Amber:
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝

M4rkus

08 Apr 2015 13:36

Interesting - even though those pictures might be a bit exaggerated due to long exposure times.

plykkegaard
Donation rank:

08 Apr 2015 14:41

Nah it's not far from what you see IRL
3D Artist - Moderator - Beta tester

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

08 Apr 2015 15:29

Nice to see a general topic, now we can keep our eye on the 'behind the scenes' stuff ;).

tkk7406
Add-on Developer

08 Apr 2015 16:07

Looks amazing! If you add some impressive skies as well, then there's no need for me to install Realistic Lighting!
Cheers,
tkk7406, an Image, Image, Image who beta-tests, moderates and develops at Promods

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information