Development on version 2.x (Southern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Qixiwi
Developer
Donation rank:

02 Jan 2019 14:44

It's just my opinion. The answer on his question is right in the Ostpuff's post.
I like trucking, I like Europe, so that's why I love ProMods!

TePineer
Donation rank:

04 Jan 2019 01:38

If there is one, what is your plan for rebuilding Uppsala? SCS's version just feels poorly made, you can't really recognize anything. I am really looking forward to your version.

Ostpuff
Developer

28 Jan 2019 17:58

id777 wrote:
01 Jan 2019 19:13
I don't understand about replacing Vartahamnen, it's so far from Kapelskar.
It's simple, there wouldn't be room to add the road connection (E18 via Norra Länken) if we were to keep Värtahamnen.
TePineer wrote:
04 Jan 2019 01:38
If there is one, what is your plan for rebuilding Uppsala? SCS's version just feels poorly made, you can't really recognize anything.
From what I can tell, SCS' version is an abstraction of Boländerna around IKEA, which isn't badly made per say, though there's an unobstructed view of the castle and cathedral which makes it all a bit odd and disproportionate.

As it stands right now, there are no plans for a complete rebuild. However, rebuilding the interchanges and road network around the city (E4 and especially Rv55) is actually on my list, but when this might happen I can't say at this point.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

YNM

28 Jan 2019 21:08

Are there any provisions for the upcoming Stockholm Bypass ? I know it's still years to come, but would make an interesting pick-up site I guess (streetview and satellite view shows the portals are already done).

EDIT : Whoops, missed an "L" !
Last edited by YNM on 01 Feb 2019 01:45, edited 1 time in total.

Shiva

29 Jan 2019 07:41

I would guess that there are no space for it, sadly.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Ostpuff
Developer

30 Jan 2019 20:46

YNM wrote:
28 Jan 2019 21:08
Are there any provisions for the upcoming Stockhom Bypass ? I know it's still years to come, but would make an interesting pick-up site I guess (streetview and satellite view shows the portals are already done).
Haven't thought of having it as a pick-up point, it's an interesting idea! As Shiva said, it might be tricky to fit but it could just be possible somewhere... I'll have to try and see ;)
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

KrysEmlyn
Add-on Developer
Donation rank:

31 Jan 2019 01:36

Having a temporary company at the construction site of the highway would be a neat feature.
SCS Software did something similar for ATS in regards to the Big Sur landslide by adding company sites at both ends of the affected roadway section.

YNM

01 Feb 2019 02:06

Ostpuff wrote:
30 Jan 2019 20:46
Haven't thought of having it as a pick-up point, it's an interesting idea! As Shiva said, it might be tricky to fit but it could just be possible somewhere... I'll have to try and see ;)
Yeah... I noticed that Stockholm to Södertälje is very short in-game... but it might be a good time to rebuild Stockholm, as I noticed there are other works that's being done to its highway system (ex. where the E4 and E20 leave each other).

Shiva

01 Feb 2019 04:33

Oh, the northern split. E4/E20. I think that should be finished? Or atleast almost finished.
Ingame, the stretch from Fredhällstunneln to Nortull could just be a very short tunnel. It sort of already is it, as far as I remember? in SCS Stockholm.

For ProMods, would it be possible to bend it even more? towards east, then north to tunnel opening?
Getting rid of Klarastrandsleden, inner city and the road south towards Globen.
But keeping Globen and the road to Nynäshamn?
That way, there could be a bit more space on E18, for some.... additional stuff.

I do have an alternative, keeping most of current ProMods Stockholm roads, well.. Except Klarastrandsleden and inner city roads.
By adding an interchange west of the E4/E20interchange. Connecting E18 towards Kapellskär to the E20 tunnel interchange. And having a possibility to keep and modernize Värtahamnen.
Example.

Ostpuff and co might have already finished this? or some sort of stopgap solution?

In early 2000's, the E18 crossed E4 at Järva krog "SCS E18 towards Kapellskär". Today's Enköpingsvägen.
Since some years back, the E4/E18 interchange towards Gävle/Oslo is farther north.
While E18 towards Kapellskär is where it was earlier.

Regarding the Sockholm Bypass....
pdf file of the works as far as week 2 of 2019.
South end in:
Google aerial view
Eniro aerial view
Quite interesting that in some places Google has newer aerial views, while in other places Eniro has newer.

.... I was supposed to go sleep some hours ago, but instead I have googled, checked maps etc... haha!
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

YNM

01 Feb 2019 09:27

I think once the new bypass-tunnel is open, Essingeleden will count as inner Stockholm. E18 would probably be re-routed through the new bypass and road 265 (Norrortsleden).
The old city areas in-game might be retained around Värtahamnen (so Östermalm), or new ones made in Kungsholmen or Södermalm, none of which will have a through-city route (I can imagine the municipality would be pretty angry !) and the ferries moved out to both Nynäshamn and Kapellskär.

It's also of note that some of the ferries in Turku has been moved to Naantali, and the traffic (and route E18) routed around the town through Omfartsvägen, but I suppose this is for the Finland developers to do.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information