Development on version 2.x (Southern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Shiva

08 Aug 2015 15:00

Oslo, the parts that are ingame, they are quite nice "DLC".
Drammen "DLC", fantastic!
Göteborg bridge to harbour, OK
The tunnel there, I'm betting on a redo and ProMods using assets around it.
Stockholm, Essingeleden and south part "DLC" very nice.
Stockholm, Norra länken "ProMods" nice!
ProMods Stockholm Gamla Stan + road to it, not so good.
ProMods road from Stavanger to Bergen, it was nice. No way to fit it in?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2015 16:37

Göteborg is in my opinion actually pretty good (compared to the ProMods 1.0 version) especially the western part of the city around the Älvsborgsbron and the ferryport. Altough it would be even better if the Skandiahamnen and the logistic centers in Arendal would be represented.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2015 16:40

bumbumek wrote:I insist, that Oslo made by SCS is a misunderstanding. I just know what I saw, when I was in real Oslo. It has nothing to do with the one made by SCS on DLC Scandinavia.
Did you visit Oslo as a tourist in a car, or as a trucker pulling a trailer?

You would see vastly different parts of the city depending on your point of view.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Aug 2015 17:02

Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:Göteborg is in my opinion actually pretty good (compared to the ProMods 1.0 version) especially the western part of the city around the Älvsborgsbron and the ferryport. Altough it would be even better if the Skandiahamnen and the logistic centers in Arendal would be represented.
The part around the port and the Älvsborgsbron is good. It's mainly the E6 that's bad in the DLC version. All connections coming from the east connect too far south. This road needs a complete rebuild like the Essingeleden in Stockholm.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

cdawg9999
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2015 17:09

Will København be rebuilt for 2.0? Or will it come in later versions?
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198274188504]Image[/url]

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

08 Aug 2015 17:24

We don't know yet at this point. We'll see how things work out.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

08 Aug 2015 19:16

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:
bumbumek wrote: Did you visit Oslo as a tourist in a car, or as a trucker pulling a trailer?

You would see vastly different parts of the city depending on your point of view.
Quite right

Oslo looks fine in-game. (But it does look a bit confusing in the UI map. It looks like there is actually no roads near the label "Oslo" in the map. The city is very spread out. But that is not really a problem :lol: )
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

thedadmen

08 Aug 2015 21:58

I drive from Oslo to Bergen in real life and in virtual with cargo in both examples using for truck. And one thing is similar for me this road not exactly as in life but landscape is truly amazing. Bergen is a industry complex on map in game, many companies on the same street . This is nice but when i see real city i don't have words for that. I want scream. Why scs change this important part in game. Bergen is very old city and the first capital of Norway.

One thing what miss in game a real E39 between Bergen- Stavanger DLC change that part , ferry is to far from city. Last thing is road to bergen using laerdal tunel. This location is to far . Real road what truck driver chosen is road to Gol (E7) next Geilo (E7)and finally road to bergen (E13/E16/E39)

Gazer75
Donation rank:

09 Aug 2015 01:29

Actually most truckers are using Oslo>E18>Sandvika>E16>rv7>Gol>rv52>E16>Bergen. https://goo.gl/maps/ySgcC Rarely do they go over Hardangervidda when going to Bergen, and even less during winter as rv7 is closed a lot. Going east with a loaded truck on rv7 towards Oslo is just bad. Its simply to steep up rv7 in Måbødalen. 7-9% incline in spiraling tunnels is not fun for a truck. Then a few km with less than 5% before you again have a 9km stretch with 7-9%.
You climb over 1240m in around 28km. Thats an average of 4.5%.
The quality of rv52 is higher than rv7 and a lot less winding. Around 30% of total traffic on rv52 are trucks.

Any deliveries between Bergen and Stavanger would use E134.
To Stavanger E18>Kristiansand>E39 would probably be best bet.

Why SCS did rv13 from E134 towards Stavanger I have no clue. Its also not realistic in DLC as it should be narrow at many places and winding. There is also two ferries missing to reach Stavanger on that road. It might be more attractive once Ryfast is completed. More about that here.
Any sane trucker coming from from Odda or anywhere in that area would use E134 to E39.
If Ryfast would even the two, Rogfast will surely take back the throne for E39 a few years later.

Tbh I think SCS did Oslo quite well from a truckers point of view. You'll never go inside the city itself as a long haul trucker.
Only parts you'll visit are the two port areas Filipstad (from Kiel) and Vippetangen (from Fredrikshavn).
The area southeast of Oslo is probably an attempt to represent Sjursøya or something like that.

Shiva

09 Aug 2015 02:21

Ormsundkaia is the one in the game, southeast of Oslo.
Sjursøya can be seen quite close, sadly not driveable.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information