Development on version 2.x (Northern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
gippermand

01 Feb 2017 14:00

Hi There

I Wonder, why not Denmark can´t be bigger.
And i know that there is a small distance in Denmark, but, and yes BUT

When i Living the bridge fra Storebælt and going over Zeeland to the Bridge Øresund to Sweden, well its say 210 km from Storebælt bridge to Helsingborg, and yes that is right.
But when i came to Kastrup, i only have drive 53 km, and then there is 150 back to Helsingborg, and listen.... there is only 102 km betwin Kastrup and Helsingborg.

Why then that the distance in Denmark are 50 km shorter and Sweden 50 km bigger.
I mean that it will be better to make more in Denmark, and make the real distance in Sweden.
There must be more to show in Denmark, even in Slagelse or in Ringsted that cut be nice to have in map, and not just delete it and give it to other Country. :evil: :evil:

And yes try to drive the distance, and you will se its right, and i cant see why Denmark has to be short Down

Regards

PS: Maybe there in the rest of Denmark, are the same short down :evil: :?:
Med Venlig Hilsen / Regards
Per

Vøytek
Developer

01 Feb 2017 14:27

Scale for the whole map is 1:19.
Both Denmark and Sweden (and every other country) are scaled down and we can't do anything about it.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

gippermand

01 Feb 2017 15:39

Hi Zniwek

I Know i know, BUT that is a emphy answer
Listen here
On my cab i can see that when i came to the bride Storebælt that i have to drive 210 km more before i came to Helsingborg, and when im driving on Zeeland and came to Copenhagen on rute 20, I just have use 53 km, and yes i know that i on 1:19 BUT BUT, im also sure the the speed counter on the truck are in 1:19, and therefore it has to be on 102 km when im in Copenhagen and not 50 km more to drive before im in Helsingborg, whem there ONLY are 102 from Kastrup to Helsingborg, and how can the distance be much more in Sweden and haft in Denmark......
If you still like to say something,m then make it right
The game is on 1:19 yes, bur the speedcounter and counter for how much you drive in Km or miles are ALSO in 1:19 and 53 km are and can be 110, what ever you like to do, only one thing, make it bigger
Per

LoaderSaints

01 Feb 2017 16:02

@gippermand
Some distances may seem wrong in-game due to city areas being in 1:3 scale and the rest of the world being in 1:19. Because of this travelling through city areas distorts the distance shown on the Route Adviser because while the distance is physically in 1:19 in the game all the time, within city limits the game thinks the distance is in 1:3 and that makes some trips seem shorter on the Route Adviser display. So if you drive for example 30 kilometers in the game (in 1:19). If you don't drive through any cities you have actually driven about 1.5 kilometers (real distance). If however you would drive such a distance within a city you would have driven 10 kilometers (real distance).

gippermand

01 Feb 2017 16:37

Hi LoaderSaints

Yeah your right, BUT still
When im driver from the checkpoint Bridge Denmark Storebælt Betwin Zeeland and Fyn i can see that i have to drive 210 more Km before im landing in Helsingborg, and so far so good.
There are if we use Google 212 km to far Again in real km, so thats okay.
But after drive 53 km, on screen in the truck, and i mean that the counter in the truck are setting like the game in 1:19 the i dont has to be in Copenhagen, i MISS more than 53 km.

But what is funny, i still have the rest to drive on counter 150 kmm to Helsingborg, so how come.
The rest is put in the Sweden map, and that is not fair....
WHY
first there is only 102 km from Kastrup to Helsingborg and not more or less.
So here we are, IF we has to not cut Down road in denmark, what i mean is not fair, even Denmark is not on top 10 with users on Promods, that there much be build more distance betwin the brigde to Zeeland from Fyn and to the Copenhagen, and here we cut make a take off in Slagelse, even with cargo center, and road going Down to Næstved and then to E47 or E55 going South to Gedser and Rødbyhavn
That will give more real distance, and then...... If you fell that Sweden ned this more Km then let them have´t, but not only for taking from Denmark .........
And please dont use that 1:19, i have make it in trafic, and then still miss lot of Km however you use 1*:6 or 1:19

If you can make one country real, them take them all okay
Per

Vøytek
Developer

01 Feb 2017 16:42

Don't you understand it?
Nobody has made Denmark smaller to make Sweden bigger!
Both countries are scaled down 19 times. Both Denmark and Sweden are scaled down equally.

I won't take part in this discussion any longer - there's nothing we can do about scale in this game and accept it.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

gippermand

01 Feb 2017 16:57

Okay let say that, but then tell me how a country distance are smaller, When is bigger in real.

And how can there be so large different betwin a bigger distance to a smaller distance

Denmark have 110km and on map 53 km
Sweden have 102 km and on map much much more
Please tell me how it can be so......
Im sure if YOU make a make in 1:19 then a road will be in same Scala all the place, wherever you build, do im right or nor be serios please
Per

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

01 Feb 2017 17:10

The game is scaled down, yes, but not all elements are scaled equally. Quite a lot of objects still have their real world size (road widths, vehicles, height clearances) or are only scaled down to 1:2 or 1:3 (interchanges, bridges, and even city areas etc.), and so a lot of elements are fighting for a very limited space. This deforms quite a lot of routes, simply because multiple scales are clashing. And this is not our fault: it's an inherent, unavoidable deviation from reality. The effects get stronger as the general map scale is shrunken down even further. I think in your case, most of the extra distance is caused by the Öresund connection (which needs a lot of space) and the ringway around Malmö (which has to fight for space with Malmö itself.

In fact, if you look beyond the two cities you mentioned, you can get even stranger combinations, even in the areas constructed by SCS. If you want to get to areas where the scale has gone completely haywire, check Paris, Marseille or Oslo. It's not that these areas are mapped wrong, but it's the fact that you can't map at a 1:19 scale without making compromised and displacements.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

gippermand

01 Feb 2017 17:17

Hi MandelSoft

Okay thanks for answer
Have a nice day to all
You - Zniwek - LoaderSaints

Regards
Per

MarkoSK

01 Feb 2017 19:38

Thank you, MandelSoft!
I thought this guy gonna start a war because Denmark got "robbed"
Its a game, realism is a key element in PM, but you cant have everything perfect...

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information