Development on version 2.x (Northern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
gurkan6236

30 Jul 2015 20:23

Norrland FTW

Volvofan2

03 Aug 2015 10:49

Hey, that looks really nice! This made scandinavia DLC dissapointing... It´s mssing north sweden! But well, this i my ideas...
1. Snow roads. Okay, it might not be realistic as it´s not lways snow in north sweden. But that´s a condition sweden have besides other countries, that´s why it´d be so fun to have it in PRO MODS! You know like Iceland is ;) But maybe with the mod changing the conditions so it´s slipperly? :P

2. Small roads. Sweden is famous for forrest, it´s much forrest in sweden, and it´s hauled on trucks from deep in the forrest.
Those roads are small gravel roads. As you´ve seen scandi DLC added some, but that´s not enouh ;)
Might it be possible to place Sag o Tre after a long drive thru the forrest? :D

This is the things that is trucking in Sweden. Every country has it´s own driving condition, and that´s what ets2 is missing!

Ostpuff
Developer

03 Aug 2015 11:38

For the first question, here's the main reason as to I (and others in the team) have decided against snow in Scandinavia:
Lack of snowy models. Most importantly, there's no snowy tree models. As you mentioned in your 2nd question, Sweden is covered by large forests, especially in the north. That creates a big problem.

Also it would be a shame not to use the really good models from the DLC.

But for your second question, yes. There will be many small roads, especially gravel roads, some of which won't even be shown in the UI map. ;)
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

Dannu
Donation rank:

03 Aug 2015 11:40

Nice :)
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

martinusK

03 Aug 2015 11:47

You said that roads which can't be seen on the map - are they supposed to be "easter egg" roads, or are they just really small roads?
I'd prefer them to be marked on the map like Purno marked the F26 in Iceland - by a discontinuous line. :)
Just a suggestion ;)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Volvofan2

03 Aug 2015 12:23

Ostpuff wrote:For the first question, here's the main reason as to I (and others in the team) have decided against snow in Scandinavia:
Lack of snowy models. Most importantly, there's no snowy tree models. As you mentioned in your 2nd question, Sweden is covered by large forests, especially in the north. That creates a big problem.

Also it would be a shame not to use the really good models from the DLC.

But for your second question, yes. There will be many small roads, especially gravel roads, some of which won't even be shown in the UI map. ;)
Oh, the models... Didn´t think of that. :P
But this is going to be great fun with the forrest roads!
I guess it´s some months left before release as the projec
t is HUGE. Or may we have it sooner? ;)

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Aug 2015 12:39

Releasing sooner is unlikely: this project has barely left its starting stages and it will take months, if not over a year to complete this. Quality takes time...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Ostpuff
Developer

03 Aug 2015 12:40

Martinus Kundla wrote:You said that roads which can't be seen on the map - are they supposed to be "easter egg" roads, or are they just really small roads?
I'd prefer them to be marked on the map like Purno marked the F26 in Iceland - by a discontinuous line. :)
Just a suggestion ;)
The roads I am talking about are essentially really small roads. The more significant ones will be marked on the map, but many won't as these are mostly unpaved and unnamed roads. Some will be shortcuts, some might end up nowhere. :mrgreen:
The F26 is of much more importance to the road network, connecting the north and south of Iceland, these are just for fun and immersion.

But all of this is just early plans, they might change, and it will take a while to reach there. And there's still lots of work to do further south.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

Shiva

03 Aug 2015 12:47

Ostpuff, thumbs up.
Windmill farms, they can be far away in forests on small gravel roads.

Mandelsoft.
Everything released at once, or patch by patch going more north?
Or something inbetween?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Aug 2015 14:08

Shiva wrote:Mandelsoft.
Everything released at once, or patch by patch going more north?
Or something inbetween?
Most probably it will be developed and released in phases, just like France and the ARP...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information