Development on version 2.x (Northern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Airbus320
Donation rank:

23 Jul 2015 21:03

It would be very nice with a small city around Siljan, maybe Rättvik.
Vägen går förbi en massa små byar tex leksand och rättvik och Mora, så nån av de städerna skulle vara kul att åka igenom/till.
speedcuber

SCANIA730

23 Jul 2015 23:11

oh f*** xD sorry guys i was tired because of a night shift at work and then i wasnt able to sleep as it was f***in warm here in my hometown :D so calm down! :P

Ostpuff
Developer

26 Jul 2015 15:03

Now that the site is up again, and I'm back from holiday I want to answer some questions;
Arvidsson-Källqvist wrote:You consider including the more important sights along the E4 right? Like the recently finished Sundsvallsbron or the Höga Kustenbron or that short but pretty nice part of the E4 near Docksta along the sea
Sundsvallsbron and Höga Kusten bron will of course be included. And since I'm mapping after street view, I try to include recognizable places along the roads. So it might very well be included. ;)
zapdos wrote:And maybe include Dinners Gävle Bro and make it a gas station and a rest stop? :D
Oh, and that asian looking restaurant somewhere between Gävle and Uppsala I think? Don't remember the name of it.
Due to space issues between the E4/76 exit and Gävle Västra interchange it won't be there as a rest stop. The Gävle Västra interchange takes up a huge amount of space. I might consider it just for scenery but it also requires a model.
However the Eastern Expo Center along the E4 is something I do want to include, but again, it requires a model. We'll have to see.
SirSmeghead wrote:In my opinion, you really should add Piteå inbetween Luleå and Skellefteå
Perhaps. It will be there as scenery for sure, maybe with a gas station and rest stop. As a functioning city, maybe. It's too early for me to answer that. I will consider it though.
Airbus320 wrote:It would be very nice with a small city around Siljan, maybe Rättvik.
Vägen går förbi en massa små byar tex leksand och rättvik och Mora, så nån av de städerna skulle vara kul att åka igenom/till.
Mora will be a scenery town for sure. I will include some scenery towns around there but I can't fit all of them. Which ones exactly will be decided when I reach there.

Phew, that was a lot of text! :P

And to finish it off, here's two more pictures. Can anyone guess the place? ;)
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

KubaJAM
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2015 15:45

Got it. Sweden ;).

volan123
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2015 15:47

Founder of Project Balkans (formerly known as Slovenia map project)

Our thread
My Youtube channel
Facebook page
For more info, please PM me!

Ostpuff
Developer

26 Jul 2015 18:17

Bingo! That went a lot faster than I expected :P
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

grega

26 Jul 2015 18:25

Awesome :D I would like to ask, when we will be able to drive your first ready parts of map? :) just asking :D
Follow our Project Balkans news on FB page https://www.facebook.com/ets2balkans
Check my brand new serie on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5FdxHhEIA&t=584s

Ostpuff
Developer

26 Jul 2015 18:57

I can't promise anything but hopefully in 2.00.

SirSmeghead

26 Jul 2015 19:49

Ostpuff wrote:
SirSmeghead wrote:In my opinion, you really should add Piteå inbetween Luleå and Skellefteå
Perhaps. It will be there as scenery for sure, maybe with a gas station and rest stop. As a functioning city, maybe. It's too early for me to answer that. I will consider it though.
Don't need to have the entire city, but at least the big factory that is Smurfit Kappa Kraftliner (which is fairly close to where the E4 passes) would be a good start ;)
Last edited by SirSmeghead on 26 Jul 2015 19:52, edited 1 time in total.

Fr8i

26 Jul 2015 19:51

Great stuff, dude. It´s really not easy to avoid asking (means not being rude) for a release date with these pictures seen.

kindly regards ;)
[email protected], 16GB RAM @2400MHz, MSI GTX 1070_8GB@1963MHz GPU Clock, Win 8 Prof x64
Profile:ETS2 1.35.1.13@x64(DX11)+Promods 2.41+RusMap 1.8.1.2+Paris Rebuild 2.4

No support via PM!

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information