Development on version 2.x (Northern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
Ostpuff
Developer

20 Jul 2015 12:58

So, to answer some of your questions:
lumentulo wrote:Western road looks a bit desolated. ... Maybe there is a chance to add one or two small functional towns there?
I could fit most of the towns along E45 without any problem even in this scale. However I want to keep them very sparse, the road is long and boring in real life, and that's how I want to represent it as well. It's not the road you would choose when going north. I will add some scenery towns along the road though.
lumentulo wrote:You know, it would be great if you could even loosely represent the Swedish Solar System model. Maybe there is a chance.
I'm afraid it would be impossible. Many of the planets are located inside buildings, and those outside are located in quite inaccessible locations.
LA-MJ wrote:It should be a common knowledge that default Mercator map projection is a 'bit' misleading regarding country areas
I think SCS has already addressed this for the UI map. I'm not sure with the background map for the editor though.

Anyways thank you all for the great feedback, I really appreciate it! ;)
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

grega

20 Jul 2015 13:01

First of all, great job ! I would just like to ask one thing, if you know: Its possible to have some of your work allready in 2.0 ? :)
Follow our Project Balkans news on FB page https://www.facebook.com/ets2balkans
Check my brand new serie on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji5FdxHhEIA&t=584s

thekandian

20 Jul 2015 14:19

Are you going to include the E45 between Göteborg and (outside) Karlstad via Trollhättan? I can't see it on your map, but I don't know if you have space for it

Shiva

20 Jul 2015 18:28

Ostpuff wrote: The plan includes 9 cities (altough Karlstad is more part of the Scandinavia merge), 3500km of road (which is a tenth of the map as of 1.9x!), one ferry and an undecided number of smaller towns. So in other words; don't expect it to be completed anytime soon.
I'm using one of those smaller inland cities as a training ground for my map editing skills "or lack of".
Barebone graphics, but atleast possible to refuel, visit garage and deliver goods between 2 points. "planning on adding 2 more delivery points"
Altho I haven't done anything with it for a month back, other games taking the time.

Seeing your skills, this is worth waiting for :)
Will you do the coastal roads first?
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Ostpuff
Developer

20 Jul 2015 22:37

thekandian wrote:Are you going to include the E45 between Göteborg and (outside) Karlstad via Trollhättan?
I would like to, but it's not prioritized for the time being. Space is not the issue, but Göteborg needs some reworking to make it possible.
Shiva wrote:Seeing your skills, this is worth waiting for :)
Will you do the coastal roads first?
Thanks!

I have not planned on making the coastal roads first, as I don't want cities with only one way in/out. but it mostly depends on what happens in Finland.

My plan is something like this:
Gävle, Karlstad > Falun, Borlänge > Sundsvall, Östersund > Umeå, Luleå, Completed E4 > Kiruna, Smaller towns
But if Finland would be nearing completion towards the Swedish border I would of course prioritize the E4 and the coastal cities.
Image ProMods' Sweden plans and progress HERE
Image For Germans: Even though it might seem like something else, my name is simply another way of saying "cheese balls" in Swedish. Nothing else.

Shiva

20 Jul 2015 23:06

Nice!

I'll someday soon again train my skills with 1 of the smaller towns.
And IF it gets good enough, it might help your workload.
Staden med björnen
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

zapdos
Donation rank:

21 Jul 2015 01:07

Hello there!
First off, I'm really happy to see the northern parts off Sweden being under development, great job!

Secondly, I would like to offer my help if needed. I live in Östersund and work here as a taxi driver, so if you have any kind of questions about the city or the streets, don't hesitate to ask!

Lastly, I'm really looking forward to this version and of course a little extra excited about Östersund ;)

Edit: Or if you need some pictures of the streets/important buildings etc.
Last edited by zapdos on 24 Jul 2015 00:02, edited 1 time in total.

mursu327

21 Jul 2015 18:47

Looking very good! :D Are you working together with platypus and will Finland also have cities like kiruna up north ?
Bad english sorry :)

martinusK

21 Jul 2015 19:12

Rovaniemi is (currently) the northernmost planned city in Finland ;)
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

MYE2001

21 Jul 2015 19:13

mursu327 wrote:Looking very good! :D Are you working together with platypus and will Finland also have cities like kiruna up north ?
Platypus is making Finland and Ostpuff is making Sweden.The most northern planned city in Finland is Rovaniemi.
EDIT:Bad timing,Martinus answered before me :x :P

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information