Development on version 2.x (Northern Scandinavia)

Here we will update you with the latest progress.
ScuL
Founder

23 Jan 2018 04:17

It's high on our priority list
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

MarcusonBMC117

23 Jan 2018 19:05

MG Mike wrote:
18 Jan 2018 20:43
Oh yes there are some places which are not drawn in the map. I think it was in vienna too. There is only the parkingplace symbol on the map.

Near the boarder from spain to france is something like this too.
And on island or was it at Spitzbergen?? In a small village theres is a small road almost too small for trucks, there is a promods road sign..

But that's going offtopic now. How about an easteregg topic in this forum? Where user can report when they found something special on the map.. Is much fun to keep an eye open for possible secret roads...
Hi MG Mike!

Die Straße ist tatsächlich sehr mit der Realität verbunden, ich kenne die Route Oslo - Trondheim auf der E6 sehr gut, da ich in der Region jedes Jahr Urlaub mache.
Den Berg kenne ich auch, wo du dich festgefahren hast, mir ging es auch mal so als ich den Wintermod hatte und vor mir ein LKW plötzlich langsam wurde, da fehlte mir der schwung und musste mit einem Drehschemmel- Anhänger zurück an den Autos schnlängeln und nochmal Anlauf holen da war ich 30 Min. beschäftigt :D Das ist bei Lillehammer.

@Promods

Ich hoffe sehr, dass ihr noch die E6 bis zum Nordkapp erweitern wollt und die Verbindung von Umea zum Nordkapp verbindet und von Umea über Kiruna - Narvik wäre cool! Bisher sehr schöne Arbeit macht weiter so ich finde ihr macht das schöner als SCS :D
Google Translate wrote: Hi MG Mike!

The road is indeed very connected to reality, I know the route Oslo - Trondheim on the E6 very well, as I make in the region every year vacation.
I also know the mountain, where you got stuck, I felt the same way when I had the Wintermod and before me a truck was suddenly slow, because I lacked the momentum and had to snuggle with a turntable trailer back to the cars and get started again there I was 30 minutes busy :D That's at Lillehammer.

@Promods

I sincerely hope that you still want to extend the E6 to the Nordkapp and connect the connection from Umea to Nordkapp and from Umea via Kiruna - Narvik would be cool! So far very nice work continues so I think you do it better than SCS :D
Last edited by Nathan_A_RF on 23 Jan 2018 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use English on the main forum

tonyk

24 Jan 2018 01:42

Cheers again ScuL!

MG Mike
Donation rank:

24 Jan 2018 17:48

Hello Marcus,

In the main area we are supposed to write in english..

Cool that you now the original road.. The landscape in ETS2 by Promodsteam looks awesome.. Is it in real life exiting like that too?

I drive with my family for vacation only to Fehmarn. Baltic sea. I am living in the north of lower saxony we are using the Elbeferry wischhafen Glückstadt, then the Bundes und Landstr to Bad Segeberg and the last step is from Neustadt in Holstein on the A 1 to Fehmarn.. From Neustadt ir takes about 45 minutes to reach Fehmarn if there were no trafffic jams...

So now take ETS 2 and drive from Hamburg to Fehmarn. It takes less than 5 minutes in reallife.. And Fehmarn and it's beautyfull Sundbrücke which is in reallife aprox 1 km long is in ETS so small..
Yeah i know its because of the 1:19 scale.. You can drive a lot on ETS2 but if you take special areas for comparison you realize how small This scale is in reality..

So if i drive tge E 6 from Oslo to Trondheim.... And thats pretty very much longer as Hamburg-Fehmarn, i can imagine that this trip in reallife must be a very loooong drive...

By the way, i don't know if it is possible but i wish that Fehmarn and the Sundbrücke would become a bit bigger..
In reallife the whole island Fehmarn is a city for the administration there.. And if i think on ETS i think the citys have a 1:5 Scale.. So why not the same for Fehmarn... If that would be possible without crashing to Danmark. I know there is not much place between Fehmarn and Rodby. There is even somethink like a courtain which makes you see only the sea..

Maybe there is a trick for enlarging something on the map? But if i guess... The scale is too smale and therefore, my wish is not possible....
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

24 Jan 2018 18:41

Nope, the physical scale is static. Fehmarn and Rødby are already as close as they can be right now, and the map does not contain Time Lord technology that can make an area look bigger on the inside ;)
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

tonyk

25 Jan 2018 23:44

Hi Devs. I was in Oslo and tried to get a job from Europcar. The job activation symbol is there, but there are no jobs available. Will Europcar be activated for jobs? I can never get a job from there.

Cheers!

ArikTheBuilder
Donation rank:

26 Jan 2018 16:38

holy shit! completing the upper part of sweden? cant wait!

cappadocian

28 Jan 2018 13:30

Still waiting road connection between Finland and Sweden.

Noah_Lukas

28 Jan 2018 13:43

Depends on if there is a bridge going over the Gulf of Bothnia ... but I have no idea if there is one ;)
And because of the reason I think there is no bridge there's only the ferry connection ;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

JurianPaulussen
Donation rank:

28 Jan 2018 13:53

cappadocian wrote:
28 Jan 2018 13:30
Still waiting road connection between Finland and Sweden.
Just read the post above you, as already been told this is high on the Promods to-do list. ;)
Working at Röhlig Aircargo at Amsterdam Airport

Speaking Dutch, Afrikaans, German, English and Spanish

Return to “Development updates and Q&A ETS2”

• Information