[Fixed] [2.01] GPS not working for some deliveries

This is where fixed bugs are moved into
Callipso
Donation rank:

11 Mar 2016 00:34

Game Log:

I notice sometimes that the game generates cargo routes without a GPS nav route appearing in the world map box. Also, when looking at the delivery itself they are usually long distance with only a few hundred euros for the delivery and a high earnings per distance traveled. over 100 euros per mi/km, which if you think about it would be nice income if only I didn't have just 4 - 6 hours to get the delivery to the destination. Going on a ferry out of Torshavn alone will be more than the total time allowed for the delivery.

The other problem is that it seems to be only certain companies that spawn or receive cargo that have this issue. This could be an issue if that was the only cargo facility in a certain town, meaning that you probably might never visit said place due to a broken destination/departure facility. Indeed, I never seem to visit Gorzow as the cargo deliveries there are these kinds of bugged routes.

Thought you guys might have a look at this as most of the companies are changed in ProMods to other names and otherwise edited.

Vøytek
Developer

11 Mar 2016 01:12

Yes, in every version some companies are broken and won't generate a route. I think you can still take that cargo and deliver it.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Callipso
Donation rank:

11 Mar 2016 01:58

well, yes I can do the actual delivery, the only thing is that its not really worth the time for only a few hundred euros especially since it would probably be worth 100x more if it was generated correctly.

Vøytek
Developer

11 Mar 2016 13:04

Actually not. Didn't test it but as you can see, it shows crazy amount of money per km/mi so you'll earn more with that broken delivery than with not broken :)
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Callipso
Donation rank:

11 Mar 2016 20:53

True, I could possibly... err make more on that broken delivery (after ferry charge would be losing cash) just by being payed outrageously per mi/km if the fact was that it seems to think that the delivery location is right next door or something. I'd be rich on that kind of cash, though if it were paying me for actual distance say the full 1800+ km distance that same calculation might be netting a 228,834 euro jackpot. just punch it into a calculator 127.13 x 1800 (or whatever that actual distance is) and you should see a reasonable net delivery amount, what it should be with that kind of cash per distance.

I know that if was generated correctly that it would probably land itself less pay per mi/km than it shows currently and would probably fall into the same range as the other cargo types. that would still be around 50 to 100 times more cash than it currently outputs. ~ 30,000 to 50,000 euros for the delivery.

Vøytek
Developer

11 Mar 2016 21:55

Callipso wrote:if it were paying me for actual distance.
The game pays you for travelled distance actually as far as I know :)
GPS shows you a route. It tells you that you'll be paid 50$/km. And in total it's let's say 10k for delivery. BUT. If you take different route, much longer, you'll get more money as long as you're in time. I can test it as I'm not sure but I think it works like that.

EDIT: Okay. Taking longer trip doesn't work but I'm almost sure that I teleported from start to finish once and it was worth almost nothing. Maybe it works only one side and you can't "cheat" it.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

Callipso
Donation rank:

12 Mar 2016 06:07

Not sure I've seen prices change for different route lengths. Usually, I see the amount only attached to the original route plans.

Guffen
Donation rank:

23 Mar 2016 02:41

As far as I have experienced you only get the price that the GPS generates. The big problem With theese deliveries is the time. You almost never deliver in time, and are usually so late that you won't get paid at all.

Jan Verschueren
Donation rank:

23 Mar 2016 14:54

Seriously, ok they exist, but who picks these deliveries when the ones next to them pay 10-fold?
"You know you've played too much ETS2 when..." :lol: :P

"Bad cop" forum moderator, if required.

Callipso
Donation rank:

25 Mar 2016 00:50

well there in lies the problem, no one would take the routes due to their low profit margin. For the most part these routes can be easily ignored for other routes that do generate cash properly, the only issue I have is that they seem be generated by specific locations this meaning that essentially whatever is generated from these places is useless cargo. It almost seems as if the company should just be taken off the map as destinations altogether. It would allow for cargo that does have proper connections to appear on the menu.

Return to “Fixed bugs ETS2”

• Information